Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Druids had both a bear summoning ability, and a 'Control Animal' ability. I get the feeling maybe someone attached the wrong ability to the correct tooltip and visual info.
Well, the Orc Hunters ability is correct in that its function matches its description. Maybe whoever reported this bug meant to describe a bug with Druids rather than Orc Hunters?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Druids had both a bear summoning ability, and a 'Control Animal' ability. I get the feeling maybe someone attached the wrong ability to the correct tooltip and visual info.
I just found my first druids today and noticed that, too! Control animal says it summons, but then goes on to say the troops fight for you for two turns. That really sounds like it's supposed to be a charm to me.

I finally opened up both the elf and the orc islands and could potentially buy both druids and orc hunters for testing (maybe tomorrow... election is too distracting ). Tooltip/description issues are what's going on if I had to guess.

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 11-07-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
I just found my first druids today and noticed that, too! Control animal says it summons, but then goes on to say the troops fight for you for two turns.
Training (the Orc Hunter ability) says two turns as well. I don't recall there being such a turn limit before, and I can't say I've actually seen the turn limit in practise.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
Well, the Orc Hunters ability is correct in that its function matches its description. Maybe whoever reported this bug meant to describe a bug with Druids rather than Orc Hunters?
Here is the original post: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=363. He said the hunters charmed his stack of snakes using control animal. Might they have used another ability to do the charming? I don't remember what all they do.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oas View Post
3)yep, the other "allies" can kill what they want as long only the viking kills what you want.
for instance imagine a enemy party with 5 different kind of troops: 4 of them can be killed by anyone in your party. The 5th must be killed by a viking to count. Doesn't matter (as far I know) if you kill the "5th" first or last with your vikings

I know for sure a few updates of mine medal happened because I used the vikings' "shield dash" and it killed the enemy in one-hit KO (sometimes critical)
Wow. That's pretty messed up, imo. An award for using on single unit in the game to make your kills? Does that seem WAI to anybody? Just wondering if that's a case where the description needs clarified or if they really intended something else (e.g., all viking units) so it's a bug. Opinions?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Here is the original post: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=363. He said the hunters charmed his stack of snakes using control animal. Might they have used another ability to do the charming? I don't remember what all they do.
Nope, Training is their only ability. Maybe there's some sort of bug that allows them to use it on enemy stacks as well as summon their own stack?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

If you want the kill to count, the vikings must be the ones to destroy that particular group (at your choice) of the enemy party, the rest of your party can kill what's left (doesn't matter the order of the kills as far as i know)

I think using spells and rage doesn't interfere (but i'm not sure)

Last edited by oas; 11-07-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Nope, Training is their only ability. Maybe there's some sort of bug that allows them to use it on enemy stacks as well as summon their own stack?
That would be pretty cool if they made an ability that versatile. I'd kinda rather keep that ability and update the tooltip. Hard to know what's WAI. Hopefully one of us can test it soon.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
edit: I started a new game with the "all units available" mod, hired a Highterant and its egg showed up correctly. So I'm thinking it might be a bug caused by the unit summoning it being an "ally" rather than being owned by the player? I haven't seen an enemy unit with one to test if they work for the enemy.
Ok, now here's a bug: When you control a Highterant, if there is an adjacent enemy unit, and you try and summon an egg, you get the popup "There are no enemies nearby!" Obviously there are enemies nearby, but I'm not sure why that's relevant in either case. Are you not supposed to be able to summon an egg when you are next to an enemy? I don't remember how it worked in AP.

Also not sure if this is the same issue as with the AI controlled one, but it seems entirely likely.

edit: Ha, I was curious enough to fire up AP, and it does the exact same error!

edit x2: Yeah, the problem was indeed that the AI is, well, dumb. I think the problem is that they tried to do a unified AI for every unit that summons things, but neglected to take into consideration special cases like the Highterant. The AI basically tries to get as close to all of the enemy units as it can, then summons whatever it can summon. But Highterants can't summon when they are beside an enemy, so it borks. I've got a fix that allows the egg to be placed properly, but it's still bad AI. Unlike all the other summons, the egg needs to hatch before units come out, so trying to get close to the enemy is the dumbest thing you could do - the enemy will just kill the egg. It's going to need a completely new AI routine to try and get the egg as far away from any other units as can be managed.

Last edited by Bhruic; 11-07-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
That would be pretty cool if they made an ability that versatile. I'd kinda rather keep that ability and update the tooltip. Hard to know what's WAI. Hopefully one of us can test it soon.
Ok, well, turns out I was wrong. Training is their only listed ability, but they actually have more unlisted ones. Training is actually, despite the description, a "take over enemies" type ability. They also have a "web" ability (was it called Snare in AP?) and their Call Pet ability - which is similar to what Training describes itself as. Ugh. Let's just say that Orc Hunters are kind of messed up right now, and let them figure out how to fix them.