Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminal_8 View Post
Anyone got black lines?
Can't be sure but that looks like the wire frame from the terrain tile.. Setting the Anistropic Filtering to at least 8X solved it for me.
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

I have the impression that head shake was dumped down too with this patch. I can pull the tightest turns in a Spit at high speed and will eventually black out but I won't be pushed into the seat the slightest bit.

If I push happily there is still some head movement but unfortunately by positive g manoeuvres there's no effect any more. Please bring back correct g-effects on body. If the dev team felt that it was overdone ok (the spine is not elastic), but now it is zero. A little bit of being pushed into the seat is realistic though as even normal gravity takes care that one measures up to 2cm more in the morning than in the evening.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRoosTa View Post
I've just bought and done a fresh install from Steam earlier today, but launcher.exe is crashing immediately:

I've tried installing .Net 4.0 full and verifying cache files, no luck.

Intel i5 760
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon 4850 512MB
Win 7 Home Premium x64
If anyone is having this problem, download the
DirectX End-user Runtime update and run it:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...a-9b6652cd92a3
Old 04-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblink_luck View Post
,,,Or do as the developers of World of tanks did, and have an open beta for a few months - now that IS a fun game.
Downloading World of Tanks now to keep me going until CoD if fixed or CMBN is released
Old 04-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

i had launcher crashes, i fixed it with the regedit fix, nvidia cards

man whats people about

im playing with my low end pc and really enjoying destroying engines by putting them to the limit

for me its a matter of playing over sea and if i want i can get 80 fps by 400*300 resolution

of course i cant play over land so i just play over the sea by now

when they fix the buildings problems my rig will suffice and instead of spending two hundred on gpu ill spend 75 on collectors edition, i want that map badly

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL

Last edited by raaaid; 04-19-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

Updated via Steam. Game now freezes once I go into flight mode - just blue sky and clouds, plus engine noise but no movement and no cockpit. Exterior views do not work.

High-end machine:

Dell XPS 700
4GB RAM
400GB HD (50% free)
Dual Core
2xNvidia 9800 cards with 256GB
Win 7
DX10
Old 04-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Default static sounds?

I am having a problem where my sounds are working, then get staticy, the cut out completely, then get staticy, then come back, ect..

It sounds like theres a loose wire or something from my computer to my surround sound system but it isn't. All other computer sounds still work and I can even go into audio menu and test surround sound. Everything works so I click back into game and no sound??? then staticy engine, ect...?

never had this happen ever. Anyone have the same issue?

It happened once before this patch.

Again, checked all wires. If it was a wire I wouldnt be hearing text sounds through my surround.

-Gollum
Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Approved Member

Default Patch observations

AI flys eratic when pursued and shot much like old iL2 , Before they flew straight line and banked/climbed or dove.

Multiplayer map to access planes, just cannot get the labels to stick so I can enter a plane, it is hit n miss til I get lucky

I turned everything in the game on of high, looks great, some stuttering but I wanted to see it.

I started a lobby, not sure anyone can see it and I saw no other lobbies

I see the line in the sky east of London I think, very starnge indeed

I see lines coming off the coast in the water occaisionally but they go away depending on angle.

I shot up the fuel tanks around London, very nice explosions and fire, huge column of smoke, impressive until I saw the fireball turn into big ball off blinding light like the sun. It would come in and out depending on view.

Enemy AI are very difficult to kill, unrealistically so Same for human pilots, I have not been shot down yet.

I have seen water tiles speckled on mountains in the MP df missions, but those are junk anyway, whats up with the Donut and Square islands? When you enter those missions you might as wait until they are airborn, if not 90% of the time you get into a plane that crashes immediately. Shouldn't we get to start the engine?

There is still strange behavior when a plane crash lands, like there is no explosion and it behaves strangely moving across the ground, planes move across the ground even when engine is off.

BTW I have never had a game crash or hang yet....

It appears we have miles to go before we sleep. The excitement wanes.... Back to IL2 46 UP mods and A10-C for now.

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme(12MB L2 Cache, 3.33GHz), 12GB DDR3 SDRAM,1333MHZ, 6x2GB, ATI Radeon HD5970, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, 2TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, 52" Panasonic Plasma, Logitech G930 wireless Surround Sound Headset, TM H.O.T.A.S.

Last edited by MegOhm; 04-20-2011 at 01:59 AM. Reason: y
Old 04-20-2011, 06:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
not sure i follow that. The monday steam patch is the same as the friday beta patch except for any tweaks they may have made over the weekend.

Did you say it now works better with ssao checked or unchecked?

for me unchecked!!!!!! BUT TEXTURE QUALITY must be ORIGINAL

Settings for me:

SSAO OF

TEXTURE QUALITY ORIGINAL

LC

Last edited by LcSummers; 04-20-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
I am having a problem where my sounds are working, then get staticy, the cut out completely, then get staticy, then come back, ect..

It sounds like theres a loose wire or something from my computer to my surround sound system but it isn't. All other computer sounds still work and I can even go into audio menu and test surround sound. Everything works so I click back into game and no sound??? then staticy engine, ect...?

never had this happen ever. Anyone have the same issue?

It happened once before this patch.

Again, checked all wires. If it was a wire I wouldnt be hearing text sounds through my surround.

-Gollum
Intel Core Duo Quad 2,4
Nvidia GTX 470
4 GB Ram
Vista Home 32

I have the same problems plus launcher crashes since the second beta patch and now with the new patch.

I deleted the beta and it was better but now...

I have try to solve the problem with drivercleaner, with loading newest drivers again, unchecked Steamcloud, let steam check the game cashe and so on, nothing works. I must say i´m the first time a little bit angry about a patch wich makes my game worse and wich i can´t delete.