Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Can't we get more regular patches ?

Hey all !

I now wait for almost 10 years for this sim (1 decade !!) and with the facts Oleg Maddox left the project, and the patches are very very long to come, my concerns about it are growing up.
I still don't play Il-2 Cliffs of Dover cause i think it's not ready enough...

So, as i said in the title, couldn't we get more regular patches in order to demonstrate that the project's still well alive, dynamic etc... For now, i paid 70 euros for nothing or almost... I was very confident during years and years, knowing the Maddox' team quality work, but today this trust becomes fragile.

Does anyone have some informations to share about the future patches ?

Sorry if this post doesn't fit the thread enough, feel free to move it if necessary of course.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busterbvi View Post
Further to my post earlier today, I would like to add a few more suggestions for improving this wonderful simulation.

1/ The flight dynamics of the fighters need a big improvement and softened up considerably. I use a good quality CH 568 Combat stick which is one of the more popular choice of controller for enthusiast flight simming. I have tried adjusting the sensitivities and null zones but it does not make much difference. The dynamics are far to sensitive and jerky.

The Spitfire was a very sensitive plane. By the way, the virtual planes have been designed exactly as they were, from the official constructor plans. So if the game' physics are accurate, it shouldn't be so far from the historic reality.

2/ Difficult to keep the aircraft in level flight, you constantly have to keep trimming to stay level, this gets tiring very quickly, the elevator trim needs softening up, it is too sensitive, especialy on the fighters.

No plane from this era was so easy and so precise to flight, if you hope to be able to flight them stabilized without the hands and the feet, you can hope a long time anymore...

3/ In exterior view or what I call "spot" view the aircraft is almost un controllable and sometimes seems to do as it pleases all over the place !

Perfectly normal : would you easily drive your car from an exterior view ?... And it's in 2D, not in 3D. As you said, it's not really a game, cause it's a sim, and exterior views are here to show, not to flight.

4/ The colour of the towns and villages have a pink / orange palette which makes the buildings look a bit "cartoonish"

Depends on your screen and graphic settings too, and it's impossible to adjust the game to your stuff, and i believe the 'game' offers the possibility to adjust the colors (at least, it was planned). We debated it a long time ago in the forum.

5/ With the stick centered, the plane will roll to the right, perhaps this is a deliberate realism effect of propeller torque, if it is, it should be removed, it is a nuisance !

Here i really don't understand what you're saying : you know it's the torque effect, you know we talk about the most ambitious warbirds sim ever, but you would like it's removed cause it's a nuisance !.... OMG, so go flying on Combat Flight Simulator, it will good for you !

As an ex pilot and keen flight sim enthusiast for some 10 years I hope Oleg and the team take note of these comments that are intended as constructive feedback and include the fixes in the next update patch. I have waited years for this and spent $5k on a new PC build just for it. It runs fine with my specs and I would be pleased to assist in perfecting this magnificent on going project. Thank you Oleg and your team for making this fantastic Battle of Britain simulation (I refuse to call it a game !!).

All the best, Busterbvi.
Don't see here a naughty answer, but i don't understand your position.
Cordially.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Approved Member

Default Little changes to make the game a lot better

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbnSolmyr View Post
Hey all !

I now wait for almost 10 years for this sim (1 decade !!) and with the facts Oleg Maddox left the project, and the patches are very very long to come, my concerns about it are growing up.
I still don't play Il-2 Cliffs of Dover cause i think it's not ready enough...

So, as i said in the title, couldn't we get more regular patches in order to demonstrate that the project's still well alive, dynamic etc... For now, i paid 70 euros for nothing or almost... I was very confident during years and years, knowing the Maddox' team quality work, but today this trust becomes fragile.

Does anyone have some informations to share about the future patches ?

Sorry if this post doesn't fit the thread enough, feel free to move it if necessary of course.

I feel EXACTLY the same as you do.
I feel sad every time I play it, and see the waste it is, for not being finished.
The graphics are 10 years ahead of the other sims like x-plane or FSX, Performance is WAY better than other sims, 3d cockpits are expectacular! There are many many excelent things about it, but the ones missing are really crutial.

Some really little details like these, would make a huge difference:

1 - Missions having a proper ending: Having to click on a dull EXIT after the mission is very sad and
Please! Make a decent debriefing screen!

2 - Can't use the bomber bombsight, thus making it useless.

3 - The radio chatter is COMPLETELY HOPELESS! Just control-copy it from the old IL-2!

4 - Weapons sounds in some planes are hopeless! Please, just control-copy from the old IL-2!

5 - Please put back the Medals, awards and Kill count in the campaign as in the old IL2!
Windows 10
Old 05-24-2012, 12:27 AM
Approved Member

Default Crashes to desktop memory leak??

I just reinstall CLOD and now when I launch the game I get crashes to desktop saying windows has no memory available? I have 12GB of memory, my other specs are in my sig.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Registered Member

To IbnSolmyr.

My comments and feedback were intended for the developers to consider improvements to be included in the next patch. NOT for other members to argue with. If you have some constructive comments to offer the development team then post them. Do not hijack my posts. I am a real pilot and have worked on and actually had the privaledge to fly a few real Spitfires so I speak from experience, do you ? I am not interested in your opinion. The flight dynamics are wrong, the Spit was/is very easy to fly and very forgiving. Hands off ln level flight is not a problem in fact it was a design capability. If you want to try something very close to the real thing then I suggest you buy the A2A Simulations Mk1 & 2 Spitfire, it is the best out there and very realistic. I would also suggest you check your facts before you critisize input from others with hands on experience.

Thank you, Busterbvi.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Default Latest BETA patch problems

Hi.

My specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
A-DATA 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz
GigaByte GTX 560 Ti Ultra Durable 1GB
MB Gigabyte MA790X-DS4
SEASONIC 500W
Coomaster Elite 330
Windows 7 Home Premium
No overclocking.
Only antivirus soft running in system during playing COD.
Playing max details and max resolution. Only effects are set to medium.
No MODs applied!

When experienced the problems, I was trying to "play" with settings, but results are the same.

The sim is absolutely GREAT, runs smoothly, but...!

* Campaign - already during first mission with Hurricane it freezes. Have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and quit from Applications menu in Windows.

* Ground stutter during low level flight

* (dont know if its a bug) some key short-cuts doesnt work when in external view (opening canopy and such)

* sometimes when I open the canopy or eject it, the lower part of front dash panel changes textures to some super-low-res-mess

* extreme framerate drops when effects are generated. Smoke, clouds, fire etc....only when close to the effect. During touchdown, smoke appears and the sim is unplayable from the cockpit because of the framerate drop. Have to switch to external view. Same on all effects, details or resolution settings.

* AI of wingmen is sometimes suicidal.

* sometimes sound of Hurricane engine changes its sound or how to say that from full power to something like 30% of power. All gauges looked ok and it has good energy during 30 minutes flight, so I think it wasnt because of engine damage. Not sure on this one.

* sometimes shadows flickering. Very rare.

* some objects levitates in air when put in Mission Builder.

Cant remember other things right now. About other things concerning physics, engines modelling etc.....donw know anything about it, so dont know if it works fine. ))

A little update:

* after spending many hours in multiplayer on ATAG server, game Launcher often crashes, which is very unfortunate.

Thanks

Zat - Czech Republic

Last edited by Zat; 06-26-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
To IbnSolmyr.

My comments and feedback were intended for the developers to consider improvements to be included in the next patch.
Ok, but some improvements for you aren't compulsorily improvements for all, for instance what i was explaining on the ground color point : too much depends.

Quote:
NOT for other members to argue with. If you have some constructive comments to offer the development team then post them. Do not hijack my posts.
I assume i didn't want to argue with you, nor to hijack your post, and i admit that my language probably was too unpleasant, sorry for that, it's probably cause i was in a bad day as you can see with what i was saying in the post just above : This sim isn't finished, and we can legitimately wonder if it will be one day... In more, i wrote in an orange police, only for my answer's clarity, but i consider now it can have been a bad idea.

Quote:
I am a real pilot and have worked on and actually had the privaledge to fly a few real Spitfires so I speak from experience, do you ? I am not interested in your opinion. The flight dynamics are wrong, the Spit was/is very easy to fly and very forgiving. Hands off ln level flight is not a problem in fact it was a design capability. If you want to try something very close to the real thing then I suggest you buy the A2A Simulations Mk1 & 2 Spitfire, it is the best out there and very realistic. I would also suggest you check your facts before you critisize input from others with hands on experience.

Thank you, Busterbvi.
Ok, here you are a bit angry it seems...
I'm a real pilot too and have known people axactly as you it seems : working on and flying some 109 and Spit warbirds in an local fans association. I didn't get the privaledge to fly them by myself, but had some talks with the owners/pilots, and see the beasts flying.
So your feeling about my experience isn't totally fair.
Even if you're not interested in my opinion, i give you : Surely the flight dynamics are too sensitive, but the Spit was pricisely an excellent compromize between sensitivity and easy to pilot. As everyone knows, it was very capable against 109s, even if not as sensitive in roll, it was maneuverable. But i never said it wasn't an easy to fly warbird.
For the trim sensitivity, i totally agree with you, and i may hadn't understood what you were explaining, cause i thought the same thing. But what i wanted to say was just that it's normal to regularly adjust the trims, so it's impossible to flight a long time without the hands and the feet. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

For the point 5, i still don't understand what you said : I guess we won't let go the torque force, and when you'll have some nice trims, it is not a nuisance anymore in navigation flight. Then in combat, with all the flight variations...
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

Very interested to see no comments on this yet. Texture lod seems to be inverted, with higher quality textures loading in with the camera further away and lower quality textures when up close!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:27 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy Ctdt

I'm still getting crashes to the desktop with the latest beta patch. My specs are in my sig.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Launcher.exe_Launcher
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4d6e3d08
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.325
Fault Module Timestamp: 4df2be1e
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 0008d6fd
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033