Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

OMG, "Baaaammmmmm"
Old 04-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKIE_JG52 View Post
Sorry... when yoou get slow motion, sound is off, and back again when normal play is recovered...

A few more... just to appreciate details:

My first Hurricane Landing, loved the way it floats and stalls just over the runway

This is what happens to a fire if the plane is stopped on the ground, and an incendiary bullet hits fabric. Where are the aerodrome's firemen?

Just an spectacular crash I had when I was doing destruction tests... did you see "Kamikace" movie? Remembers one of the final crashes...
Nice videos.

BTW, In the third video... The way that Heinkel stayed still after the crash and blast, just doesn't seem right!

~S~
Old 04-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RS]Boomer View Post
This is not my video, but I think it is the best video made so far. Great job to this guy!!!
exelent video!!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg27_mc View Post
Nice videos.

BTW, In the third video... The way that Heinkel stayed still after the crash and blast, just doesn't seem right!

~S~
Thanks, totally agree about that, the plane was placed in FMB as "inactive" and "parked", but has it's own flight plan. If the test is repeated when the plane is moving, it is directly affected by such a crash...
Old 04-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

I suck almost as badly at movie-making as at flying, so bear with me...

http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwDOTda.../0/G90yZNZtU_I

Notes:
The graphics were much smoother in-game.
The engine is somewhat badly recorded in the track, it ran much better during the actual flight.
On start-up there were nice flames from the exhaust stack, but they weren't recorded.

Do crank it up to 1080p full-screen if you can, it is much better like that, if a bit jaggy.

Comments very welcome!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Sys specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
Gaming graphics 4095 MB Total available graphics memory
Windows 7 Home Premium
SSD hard disk

Running the sim smoothly at generally the highest settings, 1920x1080 60Hz.

Due to the youtube-videofication the vid looks much more jaggy and much less smooth than it runs in real life. You should see the 4.49 GB raw video file, it is great looking!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

Oh, and wauw, more than a thousand views in three days, seems there is an interest in CoD!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Great vid,thanks!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
Oh, and wauw, more than a thousand views in three days, seems there is an interest in CoD!
It's a good video, mainly because of your commentary I think, makes things more interesting when you know what the pilot's actually doing, or trying to do. There also aren't a lot of video's around that show basic, 'this is what it's like to just fire up the game and play it', action, so you've supplied something there that people have been wanting to see. And you've done it with good humour and aren't just using the video as an excuse to show off your leet combat skillzz. So, yeah, good stuff.

About the differences between the Youtube version and the one you recorded...I've seen the engine-revving bug on my own tracks, so it's not just you. I've also seen variations in what the game shows when replaying .trk files too. Seeing too that your system specs are similar to mine, I expect that you were getting 50-60 fps a lot of the time when playing that mission. When the frame-rates are in that range, everything jumps into a more realistic looking realm, but in converting the video down to 25 or 30fps for Youtube, that effect gets lost. As far as I know there's no video-sharing site that plays video's at 50-60fps as the data rate is considered too high, so we're generally stuck with watching those quality video's on our own or sharing them as large video files through file-sharing sites. I say all this because I suspect that effect is what you're referring to when you say the video looks so much smoother on your original recording of it, just in case you or others didn't know.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

I agree Les. Very helpful to understand what they are doing. This is my most frequented thread looking for new videos. I am impressed at some peoples talents. Very impressive.

By the way does anyone know if there will there be a repository for CoD tracks??

Last edited by ATAG_Doc; 04-22-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Closed Thread