Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

I think you can skip 4.09m if you are using the Megapatch. That one includes all previous patches.

Also, with Win7 make sure that you are running the patches as Administrator if you install into the default directory (C:\Program Files). If you are not running the patch as Administrator you could be sending the files somewhere other than the game install directory which would explain the problem you are seeing.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up TY for all the hard work! TD You Rock

Small things:

P39 Airacobra can no longer show closed radiator flaps?

In outside view, top of pilots head sometimes goes through the canopy
Old 09-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

Talking P51B/C have P51D wings

I noticed a strange thing. First, as we know all P51C/D have the late D version wing but only with 2 guns. The strange thing is that if you shoot at the wing (front area) the damage textures show a third gun!

Does that "exploit" make the stock P51B/C a frankenplane? )

It would be nice to have an early straight wing and why not, a P51A... if one is allowed to dream!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Could you please tweak a little more the daylight hours? Recently I've been flying some missions on the MTO map, and at 05.00 AM it's still pitch black. Not very realistic imho. The problem is that DGen generates many missions before the sunrise at roughly 05.45 AM, and in an offline campaign I have to skip them or manually change the start hour.

Last edited by Lagarto; 09-18-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagarto View Post
Could you please tweak a little more the daylight hours? Recently I've been flying some missions on the MTO map, and at 05.00 AM it's still pitch black. Not very realistic imho. The problem is that DGen generates many missions before the sunrise at roughly 05.45 AM, and in an offline campaign I have to skip them or manually change the start hour.
Sunrise in Rome today 6:54am. So what is the problem?
A great many real life missions started in the dark so as to arrive over the target at dawn.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheshouse View Post
Sunrise in Rome today 6:54am. So what is the problem?
A great many real life missions started in the dark so as to arrive over the target at dawn.
1+!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

What's the problem? Launch a mission that starts at 05.00 AM and see for yourself. Lecturing about real life is pointless here. In real life day fighters didn't fly like bats, with no need for visual reference. They were flown by humans, not computer-controlled AI.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Registered Member

Hi guys,

Looks like I may have a corrupted 4.11 download, some of the new units (columns, companies) show up ok in fmb but are either partial of completely missing when actually playing.

Are there any Hashcalc MD5 etc sums I can check 1st before I need to download it again.

cheers
Ikey

Problem solved

Last edited by WTE_Ikey; 10-04-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Old 10-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagarto View Post
What's the problem? Launch a mission that starts at 05.00 AM and see for yourself. Lecturing about real life is pointless here. In real life day fighters didn't fly like bats, with no need for visual reference. They were flown by humans, not computer-controlled AI.
Just did... at 5:00 am it's dark outside. I'm not sure where you live but unless it's in the very northern latitudes you're going to have near pitch blackness at 5:00 am. Only during the summer equinox do I see some brightness on the horizon at 5:00 am. By 6:00 during the summer sure... it's getting bright out. IL-2 does this fairly well.

As for real life... lots of missions were launched or recovered before sunrise and after sunset. Sometimes by choice and sometimes not. They had just as little visual reference as you flying the sim do. Airfield lights, fires lit along the runway, radio navigation and landing aids, and instrument flying were what they had to use.

Ever hear about the story of the German pilot who landed his Bf109 on an RAF base accidentally in the dark? Nobody knew what was happening until a maintenance crew tried to refuel the aircraft and realized it wasn't a Spitfire.

If you find that you can't see anything... perhaps your monitor brightness needs some adjustment. The cheaper LCD's sometimes overwhelm dark colours because of poor backlighting and contrast ratios. Increase the brightness or use video drivers to increase the gamma.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
If you find that you can't see anything... perhaps your monitor brightness needs some adjustment.
This must be the silliest post I've read in years. Perhaps your brightness needs some adjustment?