Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 AM
Approved Member

I'd like to add, that all the screenshots we saw look like they were made via windows-screenshot (CTRL-PRINT). You can sometimes see parts of the open window.

It's a bit naive to think the first thing they implemented was an ingame-screenshot-function that catches HDR-effects as well, just to give us some perfectly "unedited" screenshots.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
If you'll notice, it's not an in-game screenshot, but a cropped screenshot of a desktop with BoB running in a window. That's why it went through Photoshop, because the person who took the screenshot didn't exactly want you to read the game code in the other window. The shot wasn't modified in any other way. You're seeing WIP terrain as it progressed since last Friday. Changed lighting, updated shaders, modified terrain textures, different HDR presets, etc.

That's not final either, there's still a lot more of work to be done. But I'm glad you guys like the progress.
I would add here.

I never post screenshots in dev updates with something corrected or painted over the image. NEVER. they can be cropped in editor like that Bf110, but not edited in any way.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Another interesting thing about this thread, is that Oleg is here every day talking to us, for hours at a time...the game must have progressed quite a bit and afforded him more free time
Simply Luthier (Ilya Shevchenko) is here now in our office in Moscow. And help us very much in many items of development control. We didn't find here in Moscow any other guy, that would be so helpful... so we invited Ilya from USA. It seems he like it However it is hard for him to be so far from his family in USA.
And Its why i'm here

Ilya is very interested in high quality project... Because our other prject with his own team - Korea - is his dream

Simpy I want you all to understand who is Luthier now.

Ok, I'm finishing to read this thread. We will continue in the next separate to other update, that I probably release tomorrow.
Now I'm back to work.

PS. I'm also happy to be back and speaking to all/with all/reading good realistic suggestions, etc.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for all your explanations about SOW and the development of the game. For what you've said about the terrain and the rest of the details I think I feel ok myself... a bit more relax even though I'd love to go out NOW and buy SOW lol... but it's ok. You said the that terrain will match the spitfire's cockpit graphic wise, so I speak for myself and maybe for a few more others in this forum, that's garranty enough to expect top notch quality in SOW

Have a great day!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
PS. I'm also happy to be back and speaking to all/with all/reading good realistic suggestions, etc.
Same here!!!
Thank you very much!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
We are very happy to have you back as well. This project is turning on final approach and we are all praying for a good landing.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

Oleg

Can you ask Ilya if he downloaded the file (I sent him the link yesterday)? It's quite heavy on my tiny webspace so I'd like to have it off ASAP. Thx.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Oleg

Can you ask Ilya if he downloaded the file (I sent him the link yesterday)? It's quite heavy on my tiny webspace so I'd like to have it off ASAP. Thx.
he is out of office today till Monday.
You can write me with the link, if it is asap.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

The adjusted grabs look great, the shadows on grass look much better imo.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Keep going oleg and thank you,
but make as a favor please,avoid as much as possible the cartoon animations that birds of prey has,try to make it more realistic and sorry if i am wrong but from the pictures that we have seen already the trees are the only deferense from the IL2 game and its ghost trees,the extra lighting and the extra colours i think dont give the feeling of an other level of grafhics.