Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Encounter with the inexplicable.

Another words, UFO lights on night mission etc. something that can't be flown by humans or Ai.

And the (completely random) possibility of actually seeing that in game very low...

Now that would be jawdropping.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Sternjaeger

Pilot's FATIGUE!!!

I dunno if this is implemented or someone already suggested it, but the more experience we gain on the career, the more we should be able to tolerate sustained Gs combat sessions. Fatigue is always underrated in sims!!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Sternjaeger

uh and visible vortexes when flying through smoke and clouds! That would be KICK-A$$!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

Default if u can read geoff wellums book on his bob experience m8 ,,,this actually happened t

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM View Post
One of the very first idea which comes to my mind is to use extensively the ability to change weather during the mission, notably degradation of weather on the home run. In many cases the most challenging issue during a mission is to find back your airfield, and sometimes any airfield.
This being said it may not be that much of an issue in BoB per se, but more at its end and during later times when the increasing number of forays on the continent and degradation of weather conditions with fall and winter would lead to many harrowing returns to base...
Old 02-17-2011, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

i think they are looking for more... do-able ideas, but nonetheless these suggestions are getting me hyped

erm, my thoughts?
Firstly, ALWAYS have non-violent missions before the flat out wars in campaigns (ie the fam flight in DCS black shark or the training flight in the '46 campaign for il21946).
During combat airfields could be taken, with tanks blocking the runway, but you are returning ammo empty and low on fuel, so you have to make a choice: divert (and risk running out of fuel), land anyway (and be captured) or ditch (and risk capture).
What you do in that mission gives 2 possible missions next (if you get captured, you aren't going to keep flying, but hey! you're alive!) and then after that the campaign is the same, its not a fully dynamic campaign, but a little surprise is awesome.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Default Explosions

I would like to Bring up the subject of explosions and Collateral damage.
I believe that a very accurate model which expresses directy the effects of various Munitions, and Chemicals exploding would be very impressive.

I remember reading the novel the Cruel Sea by Nicholas Monserratt.
A sailor during the battle of the Atlantic. Anyways he wrote about the shockwaves from explosions sometimes affecting other ships.

Theres a lot of water in this map so the Water battle will be big.
How about raiders .. Bismarck, Tirpitz.

eg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Ca..._refinery_fire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buncefield_fire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_Explosion

Secondaries after a strike are important IMHO.

Take Care Oleg and Crew

Im awaiting a Masterpiece
334th_Gazoo

Last edited by 334th_Gazoo; 02-21-2011 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Missing Link
Old 02-21-2011, 05:08 AM
Approved Member

It will be nice, if pilot's head tracks and repeats movements of player's head.
Many times i was in situation, when, after damaging enemy craft, and he surrends by enabling nav lights, i flied side by side with my victim towards his base. In such moments i "want to see his eyes" or something like that.
But it's all lyrics actually. It is very informative when you crawling from blind or almost blind zone to you'r target, to see in which direction enemy pilot look. Anyway head tracking add more realysm to the game, IMHO.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
uh and visible vortexes when flying through smoke and clouds! That would be KICK-A$$!!!
Oh, that reminds me of apocalypse now when the huey flies through a smoke column seen from a cockpit-cam looking aft through the open fuselage... you then see that amazing swirl of black smoke. Would be AWESOME indeed!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =WF=RAW View Post
Many times i was in situation, when, after damaging enemy craft, and he surrends by enabling nav lights, i flied side by side with my victim towards his base. In such moments i "want to see his eyes" or something like that.
But it's all lyrics actually. It is very informative when you crawling from blind or almost blind zone to you'r target, to see in which direction enemy pilot look. Anyway head tracking add more realysm to the game, IMHO.
Good news for you. On Friday Oleg said its in.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =WF=RAW View Post
I think it was confirmed that the view direction of players will be visible in CoD.

The head movement cofirmation

Last edited by JAMF; 02-28-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Post link