Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Anyone getting deja vu?
You most certainly do, "constant repitition" bug once again at work here.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordmonkey View Post
I've had it for some 45 pages so far

Quite a few of the other threads are going the same way.I think people are following each other around to continue the argument.
Imagine if that happened in the pub.someone would get a slap
Old 07-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Man.....take a look at us, intelligent human beings, who by rights should have so much in common, and we end up here on most threads now, if we are honest with ourselves wouldn't we admit that despite the adversarial attitudes flying around here on occasion some of us exchange some quite pleasant replies......and it just feels so much better to stop arguing?

nobody is going to change anybodys mind here...thats clear, we really need to find a way to accomodate both sides.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post

Quite a few of the other threads are going the same way.I think people are following each other around to continue the argument.
Imagine if that happened in the pub.someone would get a slap
thats why i suggested a meet up, piss up and punch up

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 07-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Approved Member

We would all end up pissed over Dover in a hot air balloon and anybody that says that the landscape in COD is not that bad will be the first to go overboard... Luckily I never leave the house without a parachute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

Shall we all break for lunch?

back at 3pm?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Shall we all break for lunch?

back at 3pm?
cor that's quite a long lunchbreak, lucky sod!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf View Post
I never saw Maddox Games as "Pros". More like nerds like us that want to make this Sim happen with lots of personal sacrifices involved. They clearly are not in the game development for purely moneys sake, else they would have gone the Silent Hunter V route a long time ago, or the RoF route, charging for individual airplanes.
That's quite a romantic view, but far from the truth. Maybe it was in the very beginning, and god knows how long it took them to develop the first IL-2 engine, but over all those years they could have invested their results better. Sometime the arrogance and egotism of one is cause of a lot of trouble, knowing when to step down in favour of a professional who can manage things in a better direction is a hard step to take, but sometimes a necessary one. And I'm saying this with no bitter feelings, it's just an objective observation on the conduct of a company (because Maddox Games is a company).

Quote:
I understand your point very well, but it applies more to a big publisher like Ubisoft or EA, not a small russian Sim development team that does not get paid for any extras, especially not for diretly communicating with an abusive fanbase that tends to rip of arms when presented a little finger and is full of an entitelment attitude that was unheared of just 20 years ago. In the past, development updates just caused people to flame even more because their specific problem was not adressed. In all seriousness, Maddox Games is still consiting of human beings, in doubt seriously overworked and tired human beings. Them not being able or willing to respond in a careful manner with all the sh+tstorms on this forum is not really so wonderous.
we bypassed the publisher BS here, we went straight to the source. What do you know about what/how/when they get paid, and why would it matter? Remember that what's a hobby to us is a job to them, they aren't doing it in their spare time.

Every software house is made of human beings, some are managed more efficiently than others. There is a lot of cloud networking being done today (look at the excellent Daidalos Team), so it's not even a matter of having to be in the office or speak the same language.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

see you on sunday.....I'm off to Greece......though I'll have my ipad so I might see you before

Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
see you on sunday.....I'm off to Greece......though I'll have my ipad so I might see you before
have fun Bongo, and don't forget to bring some drachmas, you never know!
Closed Thread