Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Global Moderator

Krt_Bong

I wouldn't worry about the VC at this time. Give the devs and community a chance to start posting configurations and settings.

I have an nvidia 8800 GTS 512MB single card. I remember when I bought it how it was outdated and such, and everyone was pushing SLI.

Addressing all multiple VC wasn't as facilitated well as people were saying. In fact, by having one card I was at better FPS than all the SLI users with few exceptions.

You can see my specs below aren't too different than your own. I have vista 64. I run the IL2 - 4.101 with the Vista and get great performance and graphics.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_8800.html
Old 04-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Approved Member

That's true, it is better to wait until we know whether the game will continue to hog graphics memory. From what we've seen, though, 512MB and even 1GB of graphics memory is just not enough.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

Well I didn't say I won't be buying a new Graphics card, just not yet. I too am taking a wait and see approach, till I have the game installed it's all purely speculative.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

I think the game is far ahead of today's hardware capacity. Even before the outcome was clear that the latest hardware barely satisfy the needs for normal flight.

rgr.
Inno3D gtx580 1.5G
Philips 220 CW
Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

hi
i have the following system:
i2500k~4ghz, gtx560ti 1gb, 2x2gb 1033 ddr3 rams resolution: 23" 1920x1080
I think this is enough most of the games that was released in the last few weeks/months.
I bought CoD from Steam and I've trying how to set the video options to make it flyable.
As I see the game is flyable (doesn't matter where you are flying, above sea or London, but it need a bit time to load buildings, etc, and above sea it runs a bit fluently)
So I think we need an optimisation patch (core usage, etc) and it will solve most of the problems.
Great work guys, just continue and this will be the best sim ever
(sorry for my english I'm from Hungary, -I hope you understand)
Old 04-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsheep View Post
hi
i have the following system:
i2500k~4ghz, gtx560ti 1gb, 2x2gb 1033 ddr3 rams resolution: 23" 1920x1080
I think this is enough most of the games that was released in the last few weeks/months.
I bought CoD from Steam and I've trying how to set the video options to make it flyable.
As I see the game is flyable (doesn't matter where you are flying, above sea or London, but it need a bit time to load buildings, etc, and above sea it runs a bit fluently)
So I think we need an optimisation patch (core usage, etc) and it will solve most of the problems.
Great work guys, just continue and this will be the best sim ever
(sorry for my english I'm from Hungary, -I hope you understand)
Your English is better than my Hungarian ! Lol so ur welcome

My system doesn't not arrive till monday
i7 2600 3.4ghz WC
8GB ddr3 1333mhz ram
Samsung 24" 1920x1080 monitor
ATI 6870

I am excited to c if mine plays CoD well

An given what my system is I won't lose sleep if it does not play well as I think it's been established the game needs patching
Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

36 He111's and 12 Spitfires..

FRAPS locked the fps at 30 but without FRAPS on its around 40-45 at 1920X1200 Video settings on HIGH, Mirrors OFF, then set roads OFF, grass OFF, forests to VERY LOW, and most importantly. set buildings to lowest detail and number settings.. everything else remains HIGH

Runs great..
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Approved Member

One thing I've looked into when considering a vid card is that it have a 256 bit bus, it makes no sense to buy a card with 2 Gb VRam and have a 128 bit bus and there are plenty at reasonably low prices but I cant see wasting money on them. I would consider a 1 Gb card and 256 if it will run the game a reasonable Med High settings, but I will wait to see what ppl say after the end of April when the optimisation has been made. I don't really want to spend $200 on a vid card but when new stuff comes out the other cards tend to come down a little in price and rebates are more appealing if they bring a cards price down 20-30 bucks. I just want to know what the best specs for some of these middle weight cards should be before spending my money.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krt_Bong View Post
I will wait to see what ppl say after the end of April when the optimisation has been made.
Just remember, it's not THE optimisation, just the FIRST optimisation.

Quote:
I don't really want to spend $200 on a vid card but when new stuff comes out the other cards tend to come down a little in price and rebates are more appealing if they bring a cards price down 20-30 bucks.
There are some excellent deals on the last generation of cards about, but the next gen aren't due until the end of the year, so I think it'll be a while before prices of the current gen will fall. Like you say, see what results people get with cards like the 470 and 5870 after the patch, as there should be good deals on those cards.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

My system presently is old faitful Quad 6600, Geforce GTX 460, 4gb Ram, Windows 7 and SSD harddrive which in my opinion gives the final boost that enables me to play the latest games quite well.

CoD is the only one I've tried where I notice that a faster system would be better, but I hope in the future patches will optimize the game and make it faster.