Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Even if they are eager to make it this quick usually it takes longer. There are almost 300 bugs listed on the bugtracker waiting to be fixed.
I will play angry birds then.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

The devs would be better off only allowing volunteers to access critical development patches and to give feedback with a proviso that the feedback is kept confidential.

I have been testing the patch and SP performance is very much improved regards FPS, stutters, etc. MP is causing frequent CTD problems for me but I continue to try and test and will then send my Log/crash files with as much supporting/relevant info as possible.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

I heaven't been flying much MP due to some issues with my water setting after installing patch, and still i CTD'd after a few minutes flying SP. But only in those QMB where other planes where involved and around me.

Flying the crosscountry or any of the other free flight ones seemed to work nicely. Steady 60 FPS. The flow and feel of the game in general seemed much smoother wich was rather nice.

Last edited by cebit; 05-07-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Sad to say this beta is pretty useless to me. Still I cant announce i am ready to takeoff. Still AI dosent follow me when i am lead. If that basics of game dosent work whats the point? Sorry bought game for 50Eur on steam when released and still cant play it.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme262 View Post
Good work Devs

I'm getting a noticeable improvement in fps and less micro stutter at low altitude with grass, shadows and trees on.

I was able to turn the resolution up too!

runnig @ 1600x900 solid 60fps unless very low over trees 45fps

I don't use in game AA i use FXAA
OK Justme262 I have an nvidia gtx 570 , how would I go about getting fxaa and does it work good ?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Mirrors work with Texture at Original or Medium. Textures High is frame only in Full screen but renders with screen 'Pseudo'.
I have texture Original, and Full Screen but it shows only a frame now.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

I have re-set textures to High and adjusted others and the mirrors are rendering but were not before using textures = 'high'.

It seems that the mirror rendering is affected by the combination of video options rather than just one particular setting.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Default Patch will not run!!

Followed all the instructions originally posted by Blackdog_kt and added the patch as instructed. When starting, the gold reticle comes up, then disappears and the game goes no further. The reticle disappears after several seconds then nothing, just the Windows desktop.

Please help!!

AKA_Goshawk
Old 05-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
OK Justme262 I have an nvidia gtx 570 , how would I go about getting fxaa and does it work good ?
I have same card and it works fine. Unlike normal AA which smooths (including slightly blurring) the edges of only the 3D objects like cockpit frames, FXAA slightly blurs the whole screen image. The only downside is that text like that in the info windows is blurred but its still readable. FXAA uses less GPU resources than normal AA but as soon as CoD enables AA properly I will go back to AA.

You will need the Nvidia beta driver 301.24, the earlier ones don't include FXAA :-
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/43883

It is a BETA so you use it at your own risk but I have had no problems with it.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Goshawk View Post
Followed all the instructions originally posted by Blackdog_kt and added the patch as instructed. When starting, the gold reticle comes up, then disappears and the game goes no further. The reticle disappears after several seconds then nothing, just the Windows desktop.

Please help!!

AKA_Goshawk
Ataros suggested to set Windowed mode in the conf.ini, start the game and then set Full Screen inside the game.

Cheers!