Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamishUK View Post
BF109
BF110
ME 109----Emil
Old 05-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow View Post
We need absolutely and very quick a fix for the uber AI. It is a REAL FUN KILLER and because of it I am on the brick to abandon this game. The AI as it is now (making 50 kmh more than me and with uber engines that don't overheat and rolling like mad) is turning the single player game into just a source of anger (mildly spoken). And just going for bombers is no fun.
I think the AI could have a better SA (situational awareness).
When you are at their six, they tend to sit there and eat bullets, flying level most of the time and being slow to react.
Still, *when* they react, sure they do some fast rolls, but it's just a matter to keep on following, waiting a little until they finally get sick of the turns and then again shoot at a solid and steady target in front of you. Easy, and they rarely get onto your six and shoot at you, and when this happens, it is easy to evade, they tend to leave you alone rather quickly.
As for the speed difference, I'm not getting this. I assume you're flying with CEM on, as you report temperature issues.
I'm currently flying with CEM on, but without temperature effects and with unlimited ammo to be able to practice a lot of shooting in a furball or pursuing fleeing foes. Will practice a little more before turning on full realism.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker68 View Post
and they rarely get onto your six and shoot at you, and when this happens, it is easy to evade, they tend to leave you alone rather quickly.
That's one of my biggest issues with the AI...even aces are easy to defeat by rolling left or right and holding that turn. Fair enough, in the original Il-2 it was the same, but the AI was quite persistent if nothing else back then. They seem to give up much too easily now.

I wonder if it's possible to code some sort of deflection shooting into the AI, especially in the horizontal?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
i think you need todo a FRESH patch install, do a file integrity check and then delete your ccahe and install patch again
It was a fresh install. Never installed the previous patch, and I did re do the game, and re installed thinking maybe i had a corrupt download, but same issues.

Removed patch, validated files through steam, game works like a charm for me.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

The lowest setting and the sim is still unplayable with this patch and my hardware.

I did not see performance differences between the highest and the lowest settings.
Going back to the Steam release. This beta is not ready for prime time.

Did a quick test and went back to the Steam release, not a huge FPS success story, but at least the frame rates are not bouncing and the crazy texture flickering is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadczar View Post
Not working for me. Using Latest video drivers. At medium graphic levels I’m getting 60 FPS over water sightseeing. As soon as more panes are added FPS oscillates 20 – 60 FPS with bad stuttering. Sightseeing over London FPS oscillates 5 – 50 FPS with unplayable stuttering and flickering.

To summarize: with this patch it is unplayable.

1C/luthier: I have a unique high-end hardware and over 20 years of IT development and management experience; let me know if you need me to test something.

Last edited by roadczar; 05-10-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Registered Member

This patch has further improved smoothness of play. I do now have to occasionally kill launcher.exe when trying to exit game. I also still get a graphical bug with the coast of south east UK where it turns into a big square block corner. I don't play online.

Win 7, 32 bit.
Core Duo e6850
Nvidea 450 GTX.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherStibble View Post
This patch has further improved smoothness of play. I do now have to occasionally kill launcher.exe when trying to exit game. I also still get a graphical bug with the coast of south east UK where it turns into a big square block corner. I don't play online.

Win 7, 32 bit.
Core Duo e6850
Nvidea 450 GTX.
Delete your cache to get rid of those block corners. Changing your video driver may also result in those squares. Same with crashes.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Approved Member

Here is what I'm talking about....

Old 05-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadczar View Post
The lowest setting and the sim is still unplayable with this patch and my hardware.

I did not see performance differences between the highest and the lowest settings.
Going back to the Steam release. This beta is not ready for prime time.

Did a quick test and went back to the Steam release, not a huge FPS success story, but at least the frame rates are not bouncing and the crazy texture flickering is gone.
I get bouncing frame rates with the second of the two recent beta patches. The first doesn't do that. I also get jitters but not as bad as yours (but then I'm only running one screen on 1680x1050).

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 05-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Approved Member

RESUMÉE:

After following W0ef patch install this patch has further improved fps and graphics. Now i am able to turn on clouds and shadows, its really an eyecandy and gameplay is very smooth but CTD s are quite alot. I know its a beta patch but hopefully crashes will be fixed in the official release.

Cheers
Closed Thread