Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankkis View Post
My sun is sometimes flikering too, even i im not in cloud. If i look right at sun.
Beware!! .....Maybe it's the "Hun-in-the-sun" messing with ya!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

so after trying the beta patch now several times:
better fps and fewer stutters!big improvement in that!except when i look at industrial buildings the stutters are very apparent.i think even more than before the patch.and fps drops dramatically too.
although i assume that kekedys mod made more improvement on my rig considering the fps, without loosing eyecandy.
water splashes are back!no fps loss anymore even if you are very close to them.very nice!
explosions when plane crashes into ground looks different now(at least i think)
i think the black smoke is gone during the explosion.i dont know which kind of explosion i prefer.may a combination of both.

i dont like the fact that its now less realistic,considering the negative g behaviour.and also the steady compasses and so on.please give us the realism back.

ai behaves even more strange than before the patch.
beaufighters make rolls like f16s.in fact all ai planes are now capable to do crazy manouvers.
i have now much more game crashes.

systemspecs:
-Mainboard S1156 INTEL DH55TC,Micro-ATX,bulk
-Prozessor INTEL Core i5-650,3,2GHz,LGA1156,Dual-Core,Boxed
-2x 2GB DDR3 RAM,1333MHz,CL9,KINGSTON ValueRAM
-PCI-E 2.1 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD5570,Lite Retail,Low Profile
-Windows 7Home Premium 64Bit
Old 04-18-2011, 09:18 AM
602Sqn.McLean

Isn't the new Patch out today (Moscow time of course) or has that changed?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Has anyone else added a Moscow time clock to their taskbar to keep track of patch releases?
Guilty as charged...
Old 04-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs but as well as removing the mod folders did you restore the original Launcher.exe.config ?
No problem, had the original backed up and restored that, got rid of the Kegetys.dll, mod folders and removed the launch options in steam. Like I said i've also verified the files a couple of times and repatched so if i've managed to do this i'm not quite sure how :p

Last edited by Dem0nEgg; 04-18-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Has anyone else added a Moscow time clock to their taskbar to keep track of patch releases?
Yes i have done it too ......very sad indeed.......
Old 04-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

Might be just me but i found files were missing from the top link down load after extraction, so im trying to d/l from megadownloads and the down load seems bigger.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem0nEgg View Post
Just thought i'd better report in that i'm having the same problem as Jarsalla in his second video (twitchy/uncontrollable views) especially in light of the fact that the feedback to this beta patch has been so overwhelmingly positive... and that the game is now literally unplayable for me.

It seems even to sometimes change the mouse from panning/zooming/offsetting to controlling roll? (head, not aircraft) My freetrack is disabled...

The patch also seemed to unbind all of my key mapping (as well as resetting a few other settings - though that might have been removing the mods) so i'm not sure if it's some kind of interference between binds but i've looked at everything I can think of and put in all the binds I was using that I could remember.

Brief Specs - Q6600 @stock
HD 6950 stock
4GB DDR2
Windows 7 64 Bit

It's possible i've broken something by removing the mods, but I have verified the files and reinstalled the patch a couple of times so /shrug.

Will give it another go on Monday I guess.
If I don't start free-track, I have same problem too. But after starting free-track, views are ok.
If you don't use TrackIR or free-track, may be you must try to set TrackIR option in conf.ini to 0.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 AM
602Sqn.McLean

It's Monday night now...... 8.46pm....... where's that patch....... The beta patch works great for me except still nothing on Multiplayer. Anyone heard if the patch is coming out today or not.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post

Building Texture Bug:
Sometimes the building textures don't seem to load properly and I don't have all buildings, just low res roof texture on the ground. Cant seem to replicate it consistently but It happens when changing building settings I think. Only rectified after restarting game and changing building settings again. Tried cleaning cache and that didnt seem to help either.

I too have noticed this when selecting higher settings. I assumed that it may have to do with the fact that more than 1GB of VRAM is required to run this with everything on high. The issue dissapears as soon as some settings are lowered, almost as if it physically runs out of available space -?

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit