Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: which would you buy?
*T.Flight Stick X 9 8.11%
*T.Flight Hotas X 57 51.35%
AV8R-03 26 23.42%
other (please state) 19 17.12%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy_se View Post
No, if you try the AV8R setting on the control you will see that the rudder is mapped to the digital L1/R1 buttons. So the rudder is indeed on/off.
Well I'm only going on what other people have said. Versapak has said that the AV8R-02 for the 360 has the throttle and rudder as the analog triggers.

Maybe the PS3's AV8R-03 is different and its problem is how I discribed in my first post in this thread.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

can a mod please sticky this thread for other people please? it may prevent tonnes more joystick threads appearing, and its really helpful. cheers
Old 09-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Approved Member

I just got the Aviator today and haven't had any problems at all with it so far. the rudder control works great for me and I didn't have to change a single setting, just plug and play. I'm on the 360 (demo only at the moment, damn release delay in Aus )
Old 09-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Looks like im going to have to shell out £35 for a new stick as my pc based ones will not work on the 360.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

I picked up a Hotas in the UK from Argos for £25. Its a huge improvement on the playstation pad. I would like to know though , how on earth do you bring the plane to a halt on a short runway, with a pad you throttle back and it slows down, but it takes 3 times longer to stop with the Hotas. Can I do anything about this?
Old 09-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

There is no brake for the flight sticks hopefully the devs can fix this.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Patiently waiting on Anton's PS3 flight stick announcement...
Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Default Hotas or any sticks for ps3

I noticed it in the demo that there was NO graphic for any of the sticks you supported. None with the diagram of the controller and the indication of which button does what in the control menu. But its ALSO not there in the final game? Its just the background with the darkened centre, and the words thrustmaster 1 or thrustmaster 2 on the bottom of the selection part. whereas if you scroll back to the ps3 controller it has the ps3 controller and the corrolating buttons to that diagram. Will you guys update this or is it Blank intentionally?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Most likely the devs ran out of time before publisher/marketing demanded release, typical.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acegadgets View Post
I picked up a Hotas in the UK from Argos for £25. Its a huge improvement on the playstation pad. I would like to know though , how on earth do you bring the plane to a halt on a short runway, with a pad you throttle back and it slows down, but it takes 3 times longer to stop with the Hotas. Can I do anything about this?
yea, i noticed this too. i usually throttle down, turn, and bring my stick back ( pitch up ) when it slows to 170-100.