Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:40 AM
Approved Member

I'll check it out when I get home. I hit escape a lot so maybe I cancelled it.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:48 AM
Approved Member

I checked a third time to be sure and well you can bash my head, virtually .
From a warrior game, I drop all scrolls to be sure. And the warrior does the same dialog choices but at end doesn't receive 2 scrolls.

I apologize.

EDIT: The only point is my savegame come all from the 1.64 version but the more recent that comes from 1.7. Gamebanshee walkthrough mentions two scrolls reward, but I suspect this is wrong even with savegame from 1.7. It's quite possible that this is only for mage.

Last edited by Vilk; 08-12-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

The first time I ever played I remember getting sacrifice from the turtle on my mage.

I wonder if the warrior gets something else.

I think I'm probably being to precious with my troops. I really like having 0 losses. The main advantage of mana spring is it allowed me to have 0 losses, when I go sacrificing.

I found I need 13 Intelligence for lev 1. sacrifice to raise 1 royal thorn. It's kinda handy to use level 1 sac as it uses less mana. My warrior has had a lot of int upgrades, and no attack or def upgrades. I'm assuming that the thorns will be awesome vs kraken, as each dead stack of fish = a new stack of thorns.

I think I'll replay it with losses, so I can get max no of royal thorns before freedom isles, and maybe I'll be able to do it with redicuously small amounts of mana.

Have you got any starting save games where you've got:
1 or 2 items at the start that give the +10 runes, royal thorns and you get sac, gift and mana spring before Darion ?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Myself I don't like much the no loss point of view, if you lost few stuff go on you need go for resurrect and worse if it's unit that requires sacrifice. Not to mention when you don't have sacrifice the pain it is. If I liked the no loss point of view I would not use Cursed Ghost. The point for them is at one fight you lost few at next fight you get them back if not more.

You found sacrifice in your current game? It is very handy but less without magic spring or without resurrection from inq or spell. Sacrifice damages are considered like many attack spells and get the same bonus than them, bonus from int, skill destruction and few items increasing attack spells damages.

In my current game I have Royal Thorn in Freedom Islands and in previous play I increased their stack through sacrifice only to make the Kraken fight and later the Giant Spider. In both you get some problem of encumbrance but they clearly make those fights easier.

Before Darion? You mean get sac and gift in the training? Amazing! No need mention any items, i just didn't get both in Darion. Is it the warrior game you had got?

And for curiosity, what army(ies) did you used in Darion?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

I meant before Freedom isles.. oops

Yep, I wanted to play the perfect game, fastest game smallest losses.

I needed mana spring to make that dream a reality, which I didn't get .

I like trying to play with 0 losses, in fact I started playing the game on impossible with 0 losses, so this is first time I've ever played it where I've accepted taking losses to attempt to get a high score.

It's a lot easier game when you can send your troops to there death willy-nilly. I think cursed ghosts make it easier to beat with 0 units lost, as with proper management you don't need to live in fear of them dying and not being able to res em.

Anyway, up to freedom isles and I headed straight for kraken quest doing all quests along the way.

In Darion I had shooting units and swapped horsemen/royal snakes.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:48 AM
Approved Member

Lol, shooting units, can't you be more specific?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Royal thorns, inquis, druids, arch mages mainly, sometimes I swapped in archers.

On a 0 loss game you can't get more royal thorns easily. So I swapped them out pretty soon until I could get more.

Tried using ghosts at start but didn't have enough of them for them to replicate.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

Woo there was druids in Darion, perhaps in druid shop? That is an original choice, eventually I have some in my current game but didn't notice because that's a troop I didn't found useful, but I can be wrong.

Yes Royal Thorn are a problem if you don't have sacrifice. I didn't used them often but in some special fights (kraken, giant spider, karador) because either I get them too late and their fire weakness and low initiative is then a pain, either not find them easy to use because of sacrifice.

Myself I'm using in Darion Ancient Bear, Archmage, Inq, Priest in almost all fights. And with that base, Cursed Ghost or Alchemist, and in last part of Darion I added Royal Snake 5th choice. But well in few fights like with Tiberus I regret not have a non magical long range, like to easily kill the evil books.

EDIT: I forget, at beginning I was also using Horsemen, until the pack was too low for my Leadership.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Sorry, I meant priests not druids

Ancient bears would've been good if I had magic spring.

Lol, tried starting again, with mage, tried to get the perfect game. Kept restarting, and failing.

Do you have a starting save game with royal thorns, sac, gift, magic spring, (in Darion) with nice items at the start?
Old 08-14-2009, 04:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSwan View Post
Do you have a starting save game with royal thorns, sac, gift, magic spring, (in Darion) with nice items at the start?
That's second time you ask. I already answered, nope. Is this the warrior game you get?