Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Temple of Love, sure, but you also had to kill the high level Lizard army in the Dwarven Capital. That was a pretty sizeable thing to do. Also you had to kill the army on the bridge (though it is a pretty easy fight with good tactics).
My bad, I totally forgot those lizards
Old 11-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastjaw24 View Post
I mean seriously when every unit blows their run right away as soon as you start combat how lazy is that? That too me is extremely lazy AI job and so basic a 5 year old could have coded that AI. At least change it so units do not use their run till they have an available target to attack. That right there is not rocket science and would be just a small improvement in the AI.
Of course, I've mentioned the run thing in another thread myself. Actually this is what makes possible to kills 7000 bears/orcs with 1 royal snake... the fact that AI is poor. If they kept the Run until they got close enough.. it would be impossible to abuse Bears like this.

There are many such improvements, that would quickly add-up, but as I said, there's just no incentive to do so as long as the target audience is a casual gamer whose submediocre mind would not ever wander about things like how is the Run ability wasted.

I was bashed by an old member/troll from this forum when I mentioned the Run. He said this basically: "of course it's a good idea to use their Run as soon as possible! Doesn't it make sense to try and get closer so that they can attack faster? "

Quote:
Bottom line their copy paste job is not going to cut it in anymore and I hope the sales reflect that
Well, I for one did my part
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastjaw24 View Post
You ever configured your characters tactics in DragonAge so they do what you want under certain conditions? It takes me a couple hours to fully configure every character in the game to do certain things when I want them too. That is how easy it is to program better AI for a game that is based on a hex grid system.
That is not an AI, that is you giving the game instructions what to do in certain situations.
The computer controlled units in dragon age are not the slightest bit smarter than in KB.

I doubt that you have any programming experience, but if it is so easy to program an AI, you are welcome to try. If you succed i promise your job opportunities are endless