Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
Anyone knows hot to assign zoom to the cursor slew controller on warthog hotas. I assign mousey axis to it and in target I assign the hold to Chang fov button to the axis. All I get is full zoom or full wide view when using it.
Hi Cujo,

Last night I found on my PC that the mouse was hyper-jittery when assigned to the cursor slew controller on my HOTAS, so I need to do further work on this "to tame the mouse". Actually, I like the zoom control assigned to the #1 hatswitch, but I'd like to be able to use the cursor slew control to simply move the mouse cursor around the cockpit without having to take my hands off my controls. There may be a way for me to adjust the sensitivity curve(s) to tame that little shrew.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Hola Matt. I dl zip click open here..says Windows does not recog fcf files. My usual frustration..I Google and every free DL for converters includes software I have to clean registry. I am 75..what is a registry?? Do you have info in EZ access format? Many thanks, John
Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahnartz62 View Post
Hola Matt. I dl zip click open here..says Windows does not recog fcf files. My usual frustration..I Google and every free DL for converters includes software I have to clean registry. I am 75..what is a registry?? Do you have info in EZ access format? Many thanks, John
You need to open it in the Thrustmaster Editor program.

Or . . . .

Right click on the file and select "Open With", then select notepad or any other text editor to open this file.

Then it will open for you in Windows.

Last edited by Catseye; 11-15-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
Hi Cujo,

Last night I found on my PC that the mouse was hyper-jittery when assigned to the cursor slew controller on my HOTAS, so I need to do further work on this "to tame the mouse". Actually, I like the zoom control assigned to the #1 hatswitch, but I'd like to be able to use the cursor slew control to simply move the mouse cursor around the cockpit without having to take my hands off my controls. There may be a way for me to adjust the sensitivity curve(s) to tame that little shrew.
Well thanks to AbortedMan for tweaking my interest in this again and to Matt for triggering the sequence for the TM Warthog.

I've converted it to script (which I use) and moved it to my Throttle MIC switch, changed the speed to 30 and it really works great. Somewhere between a snap view and a zoom view. I only do the forward and back zoom because I have Track IR and I just have to look at an object and use the zoom in out feature.

But . . . . now I have to figure out how to stop showing the mouse pointer. It pops into the center screen when I press the zoom key. I need to find a toggle off/on key for the mouse.

Thanks again guys.
Great stuff!

Last edited by Catseye; 11-16-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catseye View Post
Well thanks to AbortedMan for tweaking my interest in this again and to Matt for triggering the sequence for the TM Warthog.

I've converted it to script (which I use) and moved it to my Throttle MIC switch, changed the speed to 900 and it really works great. Somewhere between a snap view and a zoom view. I only do the forward and back zoom because I have Track IR and I just have to look at an object and use the zoom in out feature.

But . . . . now I have to figure out how to stop showing the mouse pointer. It pops into the center screen when I press the zoom key. I need to find a toggle off/on key for the mouse.

Thanks again guys.
Great stuff!
+1 thanks to AM and Matt respectively for opening this topic and making the zoom feature handier for everyone.

Cats, I envy your ability to understand and use script. I struggle with the GUI, and think how you guys would chuckle when I tell my wife I'm "programming". LOL

I use the default (I think) F10 key for Independent Mouse Mode, which essentially makes the mouse cursor disappear off screen. I know exactly what you mean -- that little white cursor has a way of placing itself exactly in the most distracting position possible. I have a separate mouse button assigned to toggle it on/off for that reason, but I imagine F10 could be sequenced before and after the zoom to activate/deactivate the mouse.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
But . . . . now I have to figure out how to stop showing the mouse pointer. It pops into the center screen when I press the zoom key.I need to find a toggle off/on key for the mouse.
Another solution for this is bind the same HAT movement (ie, up, down) for ZOOM to key for control "Camera control in idependent mode" - default is "Mouse middle".

So the mouse cursor is not show.

Same, using JoyToKey:

This allow-me "mouse view" with HAT, and with a key for "Hold to adjust FOV", ZOOM in/out - since my joystick have only one HAT. One with a second HAT dont need press a key, just move HAT up/down to zoom.

Notice that I have a joystick button (2) configured in JoyToKey that allow cicle between FOV30, 70, 90.

Sokol1
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
+1 thanks to AM and Matt respectively for opening this topic and making the zoom feature handier for everyone.

Cats, I envy your ability to understand and use script. I struggle with the GUI, and think how you guys would chuckle when I tell my wife I'm "programming". LOL

I use the default (I think) F10 key for Independent Mouse Mode, which essentially makes the mouse cursor disappear off screen. I know exactly what you mean -- that little white cursor has a way of placing itself exactly in the most distracting position possible. I have a separate mouse button assigned to toggle it on/off for that reason, but I imagine F10 could be sequenced before and after the zoom to activate/deactivate the mouse.
Thanks for this Snapper!
I'll check it out and sequence it.

Also, I'm going to explore script to revert the view to the default 70 degree position then back off x number of moves to give me a slightly wider field of view but not as wide as the default wide - as a quasi snap-view of 50 degrees.

Re: programming, I'm no programmer so what I do is create the file in the basic Target Gui. Then I select the button "view script" I think it's called (bottom middle left on Gui) then I save that as a txt file or . . . copy it, then open up the Script Gui and paste it in there either from my direct copy or open the txt file and copy in from there.

Then, I can go into the line items that are easily identified and tweak the settings through trial and error and using the manual as a guide.

But, as you can see, sometimes I look to hard for the sequence and all the time Matt had it in it's basic format.

cheers.

Last edited by Catseye; 11-15-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
Another solution for this is bind the same HAT movement (ie, up, down) for ZOOM to key for control "Camera control in idependent mode" - default is "Mouse middle".

So the mouse cursor is not show.

Sokol1
You guys are good!
I like your mouse clicks to establish positions between the defaults.
I'm going to try this today.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi Cujo,

Copy that Snapper. I've played with the curve and zoom settings but still no go. Just like before full wide or full narrow and nothing in between. Lemme know if ou get it to work. Anyways . I'll talk to you about it next time I see you on TS. Cheers
Old 11-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

I would think that most people have no need of complicated software and scripts as JoyToKey works very well and is very easy to set up.
From downloading to having a working variable zoom just by the forward & back hat on my joystick took no more than 2-3 minutes without any prior knowledge of the utility.

Simply tell JoyToKey that UpHat is full back on the mouse and DownHat is full forward on the mouse then go into the settings for CLOD and tell it that both UpHat & DownHat are the 'Hold to Zoom' key and it all works.

The only thing that is not perfect is that it will allow you to zoom back to more than 180 zoom if you keep holding the hat and that is not useable as it means the sun is always in your eyes but it is easily avoidable by just not holding the hat too long. I think you can also adjust how fast it zooms but I like it to move quickly. I have retained a button on my joystick to revert to 90 degree view instantly then I use zoom to make adjustments up and down from there as needed.

Last edited by Roblex; 11-17-2012 at 05:59 PM.