Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

"I am astonished valuable time is being wasted on the Anson and Bf 108..."

I must agree with this comment, in spite both of these aircrafts are beautifully modelled.

The 108 took no part in the Battle of Britain, as it was only a liaison plane.
And the Anson, in spite of being beautiful I repeat it, will probably not be flown a lot, either offline and naturally online.

For instance, instead of a Anson, I would have much preferred an Hampden, which was used during BoB and which was also a very pleasant aircraft to fly.

But this is not so important, as long as the game comes before I'm a blind old man
Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Did we collect the whole bunch of crybabies on the Internet in this community?

Waaaaaa,Waaaaa, gime gime gime.

Is that it? Waaaaaaaa, Waaaaaa, it sucks, I want more, Waaaaaa, Waaaa...

Last edited by Jaws2002; 06-07-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970 View Post
Gosh, you are hard to please... First, everybody screams give us something, just a little bit...a little sneak pick... Now that update is posted... not good enough. Oh well....
Did you really think it would be different this time?

It seems there are a lot of people just coming here to complain. They don't care about the details, news or even the release of the full. They just complain and whine, no matter how good or bad the news or release can be. If Oleg just said "When it's done", he'd save himself a lot of trouble from different sides and the crying on the boards would be the same or even less.

Last edited by Feuerfalke; 06-07-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Tree_UK

I dont hear people crying i just see the disappointment in after waiting sooooo long for some news/updates all we get is 3D models of mostly unflyable planes and news of a console game. Worth the wait? Not really.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

Can't say anything about Oleg, and I don't know if any of you are wondering about me, but just read this thread to understand why I personally don't post on sim-related forums much anymore.

I'm actually in Moscow right now, in Oleg's house as of this moment to be exact. So this one is from both of us.

First of all. Regarding the console version of IL-2, let's get a few things straight. It was first unveiled weeks ago at a Russian trade show. The fact that you guys just found out about it today has nothing to do with the update. It's the fact that I'm in Moscow this week that prompted it.

Secondly, the console Il-2 has nothing to do with anything Storm of War. It is not done by anyone in Oleg's team. Il-2 source code was handed over to an external developer about a year ago, and they've been happily working on it on their own. It uses exactly 0 resources from Storm of War. Everything you see in that video was built by the guys in that other team. Oleg is not involved with it in any way. I'm really quite puzzled by some people's reaction and I'm a little at a loss for words, but what I'm trying to say basically is that it has absolutely no bearing on anything Storm of War related, and some of you guys amaze me.

Now, onto the update itself. Each plane shown there takes at least 6 full months of work to build. Some of the more complex planes can take 12 months plus (compared to an average of 1 month for an Il-2 model). Whoever said things like the whole update could be done in 3 weeks, ha! If you can build anything of that quality in 3 weeks, prove it, and Oleg promises you'll have a job the very next day, collecting the highest paycheck in his team, and playing BoB alpha in the afterhours as an added bonus. And I'll personally pay your moving expenses to Moscow from anywhere in the world.

I.e. jees louise you guys!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Tree_UK

So can you ask Oleg when we might see some updates other than 3d models, many thanks.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Old 06-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I dont hear people crying i just see the disappointment in after waiting sooooo long for some news/updates all we get is 3D models of mostly unflyable planes and news of a console game. Worth the wait? Not really.

Don't worry...everything will be alright.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Thanks a lot for the info luthier, it's always good to hear something straight from the horses mouth. It prevents a lot of speculation as well. Great work with project Galba, I can't wait for more news.

Last edited by Tbag; 06-07-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
So can you ask Oleg when we might see some updates other than 3d models, many thanks.
When they're ready