Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 01-22-2012, 03:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned the brazilians used or maybe still use the P-51 as a CAS plane.
Ops! Brazilians use P-47 for CAS in WWII as part of USAAF 350th Fighter Group in MTO.
Today they still operating prop driven planes against the Narcotrafic, Recon and CAS:
The EMB-314 (A-29/29B) Super Tucano - likely to be used by USAF LAS programn.

Sokol1
Old 01-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Approved Member

This is pretty cool, but I'm still waiting for dedicated server files that ED promised they were working on back when A10 was a beta. If you can't run a dedicated server for MP use, (not a home computer with a crappy home network) then the game doesn't do much for me. I think I've flown DCS for about 2 hours total and it was very bland just because of the lack of full scale MP or options for it.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 01-22-2012, 04:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Wonder how long it took to set that pass up? Bet the jet (can't figure out what it is yet, some An?) has a higher cruising speed than the P-51 can attain except in a dive.

Tracers still look like lazers, AA looks alright though. I would probably pick it up just to learn to fly a P-51 with a decent CEM.
The jet is an SU25.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:46 AM
Approved Member

I'd buy it just to look at the box and wish I could play it, wouldn't be the first time that happened either. (Aces over Europe wouldn't run on the old 486 for some reason, had it for years before I could play it.)
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

i think i will buy it just because of the realism level they are famous for.i dont own any of their sims yet, but i think i will soon buy the a10 cause what i heard and read about them, is that they are really focusing on realism.

thats the biggest problem i have now with 1c.
in real life i wouldnt even know how to start up a 109, because i couldnt find the i button in the cockpit.
it also puzzles me that 1c made decisions, which made the game more arcade than it already was.(step backwards in my view)
like the prop pitch of the 109 for example, which should reach from 6-12 o clock.if i remember correctly, in the release version it just was like that, but then they changed it for some strange reason.
the same with the realistic behaviour of the compasses.
because a view complain about the challenge to navigate, they decide to make the thing steady but less realistic.
or the magnetos in the 109, which since the latest patch, suddenly jump up automatically if one pushes i.
those decisions are really distracting me from this game, as i want the game to head for the oposite direction.....realism.

i heard that dcs is exactly that...realistic.so i will give it a try soon.

Last edited by David198502; 01-22-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

And then there's this.....

http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/43...osoft-studios/

MS Flight, similar marketing model to RoF. Free to download with a couple of aircraft and more to buy apparently. Very limited on terrain at Launch ("Spring 2012") but targeting a broader audience than hard core simmers whilst providing 'full switch' flying for those that want it.

Will be interesting. No combat of course.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 01-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf View Post
The setup as described here is getting so old that it hurts.

Give me I16s, IL2s, IAR80s, Mig3s and Fiats instead.
Agreed! One more Spitfire or 109 model and I might actually throw up. I want French planes, Italian planes, semi-obscure Russian planes so on so fourth. I hope the IL-2 series will be more diverse in planesets in the future expan-quels.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
And then there's this.....

http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/43...osoft-studios/

MS Flight, similar marketing model to RoF. Free to download with a couple of aircraft and more to buy apparently. Very limited on terrain at Launch ("Spring 2012") but targeting a broader audience than hard core simmers whilst providing 'full switch' flying for those that want it.

Will be interesting. No combat of course.
Yes, interesting. A lot of adverse comments since no SDK will be released and hence no 3rd party content.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

S!

I own quite a bit of games from ED and their predecessor SSI. Always been good quality. Seeing them adding P51D is great and makes you eagerly wait for the next Flying Legend..I would wish for Bf109 and Fw190

So bring it on Never too many sims to fly
Old 01-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

since were talking about another sim here.....has anybody tried x plane 10 so far?
im interested in civil flight sims, and would like to know how it is, before blindly purchasing it.i watched some vids on youtube, and the look of it is covincing.but
how much does it focus on realism?
i have for example microsoft flight sim x professional, but somehow feel that the flight physics feel a bit arcadish even on max realism settings.