Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Just watched the 14-min video in the OP. Not sure how I feel about having Japanese/Axis missions in the game. Maybe they'll just be in the Japanese release -- being a Konami title and all. Of course it'd be hypocritical of me to complain considering I don't complain about going against American/Allied characters in online FPS like Day of Defeat or Battlefield.

That being said, I'm absolutely thrilled to see the P-38, P-40, P-39 and F4U Corsair in the plane list. Those four pretty well cover me. Now I just hope those planes (and the P-51) fly as well as they should. No flying bricks like the P-51 in BoP (or the P-47 for that matter).
Old 09-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

it would be weird to bomb your own nationaility's troops or ships. but actually i think if you wish to unlock the jap, german, and italian planes you should have to play the axis missions to do so. gives you perspective of what it was to face the allies. if you wish to only fly allied planes then you do only those missions to unlock those. we recreate battles now online...where guys take the axis side and bomb the uk. to be able to create games like "protect your carrier and sink the enemy's" from jap and aiiled ships will make for some awesome and epic games. i am looking forward to those more than single play missions anyways.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
it would be weird to bomb your own nationaility's troops or ships. but actually i think if you wish to unlock the jap, german, and italian planes you should have to play the axis missions to do so. gives you perspective of what it was to face the allies. if you wish to only fly allied planes then you do only those missions to unlock those. we recreate battles now online...where guys take the axis side and bomb the uk. to be able to create games like "protect your carrier and sink the enemy's" from jap and aiiled ships will make for some awesome and epic games. i am looking forward to those more than single play missions anyways.
Hopefully the online aspect of the game is better this time around. The ability to join games would go a long way toward making BoS top notch.

Edit to add: Something I did notice about the video is that a lot of stuff keeps popping up on the screen with every kill. Something I loved about BoP is it didn't have that "Call of Duty factor" where the player has to be choked with achievements after every little action. I'm hoping BoS isn't taking on that over-the-top arcadey look.

Now... about getting the P-80 into the game...

Last edited by CrashLanding; 09-13-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

I've had an email from Tigyo today regarding the video.
For the most part predator boy talks about the differences between the modes eg arcade, realistic and sim. He also describes how the campaign section will be a true to history as possible.
What is of note though is the fact that up to 4 people can co-op the campaign which is a nice addition.
Tigyo's also kindly added the following to our growing aircraft list:
Boomerang MkI and MkII and the Wirraway- couple of nice Aussie planes!

You were right Winny, he spends most of the time talking complete bollocks!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

hello all

just to share with u a new trailer i find.
maybe u know it ,if no look and enjoy !

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos-edit...r-00034824.htm
Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

Lots of screenshots at Konami.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

@trk29

Following your link I just now discovered the four player co-op feature. Not sure how I missed it before. Thanks

StiC