Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 06-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Hyperlobby is over 10 years old and has been generously given to its users for free (donations are always welcome) when there was no other stable/supported portal for pilots to meet and fly many different flight sims including CFS1. (urgh the Zone)......

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Donations

How can it be a flaw ?
Hyperlobby can only connect and monitor pilots that join via the Hyperlobby, when the mission starts (coop) or you join a DF server it then closes the Hyperlobby until you (the client) has disconnected from the server, where upon it restarts its self resulting in no resources being used whilst you are in game, it cannot intrude on the servers network traffic to monitor all clients in session that are outside of Hyperlobby's network interface control and user handling system.

Not a good subject at the moment, I wont speak for Jiri but discussion was instigated (Luthier Oleg 1C team) and all I'll say is lets wait till things have become more stable and CoD is as click n fly friendly as IL2 1946 is before getting Hyperlobby set up

Although I personally think that if Hyperlobby was able to carry CoD into the community there would be faster tracks made to help debug and get things moving along quicker.

More direct help and support comes from Hyperlobby than any forum provides, there are many veteran users with a wealth of information and advice for new and old IL2 users
who might be having problems with the sim/game.
CoD would benefit from this user network across Hyperlobby, but we will have to see.

+1 very well said
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
I suspect that that's pretty far away. The devs are going to have a lot on their plate for the foreseeable future.

But the part that has links to others, so everyone can get together and join games? That was what I was trying to show in my original post.
Dooggles i owe you an apology you were the wrong post at the wrong time...you bore the brunt of my frustration and anger about how things are being handled...i could have chose a more diplomatic approach.

S!
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Until most potential sales are realized, I don't see Hyperlobby being added to the equation...maybe never, for game check integrity reasons
That's not a problem, the problem lies somewhere else, I'm not at liberty to discus this though as I am 3rd party to the conversation.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's not a problem, the problem lies somewhere else, I'm not at liberty to discus this though as I am 3rd party to the conversation.
hmm i like a mystery.. lets see there is 1C, UBI,MG,STEAM....
I dont think MG would care..they just want to sell the game.
why would UBI care ..they also want to sell the game...and they have no in game browser to compete with.
I don't see a reason 1C would care either as long as they get there cut.
who is left that might have a problem with a 3rd party game browser?...hmmm

S!
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
hmm i like a mystery.. lets see there is 1C, UBI,MG,STEAM....
I dont think MG would care..they just want to sell the game.
why would UBI care ..they also want to sell the game...and they have no in game browser to compete with.
I don't see a reason 1C would care either as long as they get there cut.
who is left that might have a problem with a 3rd party game browser?...hmmm

S!
Yep, we're screwed...
A lot of people said how great steam would be for CoD, most of them have gone very quiet now. Personally I think CoD online is dead in the water without HL.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 06-23-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

Why is it every thread ends up with two people going at eachother with no respect for anyones opinion? Is that how you deal with disagreements in RL? Didn't think so, so quit doing it here.

I haven't played the game for a couple of weeks now, and I check in to see what's new and all I read is the same old nonsense. Get a grip, can't everyone just make the best of what we've got?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

You know i think its good to have chat rooms as ive said before...

as already stated you get more info and help from a chat room than any forum, hyperlobby was great for that and considering how complex flight sims are something like Hyperlobby makes all the difference...

everything i learnt about flying came from Il2 and HL and to be honest it helps build a community..thing will get boring very quickly without something like HL where you can host games quickly, arrange matches, have modded rooms, and just generaly chat if your done with flying for the night..

I hope it gets implemented
Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
How can it be a flaw ?
Hyperlobby can only connect and monitor pilots that join via the Hyperlobby, when the mission starts (coop) or you join a DF server it then closes the Hyperlobby until you (the client) has disconnected from the server, where upon it restarts its self resulting in no resources being used whilst you are in game, it cannot intrude on the servers network traffic to monitor all clients in session that are outside of Hyperlobby's network interface control and user handling system.
Well that's just not true. Any application can connect to the il2fb dedicated server and ask the server directly how many clients it has. We know this is true because that's how the server controllers (fbd, etc) work.

Example: I want to start my dedicated server, so I launch it through HL and then HL begins polling the server for a user list, and displays that whenever a prospective pilot clicks the info screen on their HL client.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Don't forget the spirit of HL was to break away from "big brother" and fly independently.
I like that attitude, especially in light of how awful ubi's lobby application was. But the simple fact is we don't have HL here and likely won't for a long time.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Well that's just not true. Any application can connect to the il2fb dedicated server and ask the server directly how many clients it has. We know this is true because that's how the server controllers (fbd, etc) work.

Example: I want to start my dedicated server, so I launch it through HL and then HL begins polling the server for a user list, and displays that whenever a prospective pilot clicks the info screen on their HL client.
And the flaw is ?