Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

I play Mage, too. And now my hero reach Lv5 and Asmo Lv2. But soling with Asmo is really hard. He now has only 205 HP and I almost cleared Debir. I dont have any undead with me. Asmo only do ~50-70 Dmg per round. Does it mean if I want to solo with Asmo I have to play again and use him only ? Or can I continue with my path, use RuneMage to heal him and stuff ?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tori2uke View Post
I play Mage, too. And now my hero reach Lv5 and Asmo Lv2. But soling with Asmo is really hard. He now has only 205 HP and I almost cleared Debir. I dont have any undead with me. Asmo only do ~50-70 Dmg per round. Does it mean if I want to solo with Asmo I have to play again and use him only ? Or can I continue with my path, use RuneMage to heal him and stuff ?
I'm not sure, as I have multiple games with a higher level Asmo etc, but he isn't the primary guy, he is a big support role. Based on what I am seeing so far though, I would say you might need some key abilities before he can be a deadly force.

Healing him with rune mages is ok, but the problem is he needs to do tremendous damage and/or get in the thick of battle to get more experience.

Babying Asmodeus alone isn't usually enough if you want him to be a solo powerhouse.

If he gets hit multiple times, AND survives somehow, he gets a lot more experience. If he gets hit horribly and dies, he actually does get some decent experience.

That is also why some of his skills let him smash up low level units with ZERO retaliation. This will build up his attack rating tremendously because it is based on how much damage he does.

If you use Pygmy + Doom on some level 1 monster and you use asmodeus to hit him, you will get ridiculous experience.

Or at least, that is what should happen in theory.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

How and what are the new companions you can get in this mod? I have seen the assassin and the lizardman in the screenshot but since the quests are not translated, I am not sure what sequence of text I should but inputting to get them.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Some tips as i see them for lvling asmo early in game :
1) pick dragon with wall on start.
2) get 2-3 inquisitors and split them in troops of 1, for rage to build walls, and to resurect eachother when die.
3) royal thorn is great pick for summoning cannon meat.
4) and in doing all this use asmodean to kill most enemy units, your army is mainly for generating rage and summons.
5) early pick asmo skill to regen per turn/melee hit Vampirism Regeneration, Unstoppable Furious is also good chance% to attack/retaliate again, Titan is a must to keep him alive. things as lightning attack shock, evade%, steal spell with disintegration ray and such leave for later.
When possible get couple archmages to spam guardian angel medal (split them in stack`s of 1 unit and spam every 2 turn magic shield) almost no need to cast spells for medal, use mana for pugmy/doom (more exp for asmodean), or trap(great medal on 4th lvl).
As for new companions i also havent seen them because cant undestand their chat options. On Verona is 1 turn left from marshal who gives you task to liberate duke in castle. Mesmer(Montero underground can take him after defeting him for quest) is other, Kotor(assasin hero in elon/montero underground depends where you find him), there are also some other companions i havent found but all you need can read in game/sessions/red_sands/config/companion file all available companions, item slots, bonuses etc. . .
Also 1 note developer missed new Sun sprite unit in Agraves companion bonus.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 06-27-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Some tips as i see them for lvling asmo early in game :
1) pick dragon with wall on start.
2) get 2-3 inquisitors and split them in troops of 1, for rage to build walls, and to resurect eachother when die.
3) royal thorn is great pick for summoning cannon meat.
4) and in doing all this use asmodean to kill most enemy units, your army is mainly for generating rage and summons.
5) early pick asmo skill to regen per turn/melee hit Vampirism Regeneration, Unstoppable Furious is also good chance% to attack/retaliate again, Titan is a must to keep him alive. things as lightning attack shock, evade%, steal spell with disintegration ray and such leave for later.
When possible get couple archmages to spam guardian angel medal (split them in stack`s of 1 unit and spam every 2 turn magic shield) almost no need to cast spells for medal, use mana for pugmy/doom (more exp for asmodean), or trap(great medal on 4th lvl).
As for new companions i also havent seen them because cant undestand their chat options. On Verona is 1 turn left from marshal who gives you task to liberate duke in castle. Mesmer(Montero underground can take him after defeting him for quest) is other, Kotor(assasin hero in elon/montero underground depends where you find him), there are also some other companions i havent found but all you need can read in game/sessions/red_sands/config/companion file all available companions, item slots, bonuses etc. . .
Also 1 note developer missed new Sun sprite unit in Agraves companion bonus.
What version of the mod are you using and what about the AP version? I tried to installed the russian version onto Steam version of AP and seem to miss some files because I don't even have the directory you are talking about.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Approved Member

It doesn`t matter what version you have, just check your game folder and find red sand that you downloaded from some link in this tread. In that folder you`ll find winrar archive and opening it it contains all files i mentioned.I just unrared it in my game sessions/red_sands.
As for your question about some translation missing it`s still not all finished, we all hope that final english version will have all chat translated properly new companion/quests etc.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianx View Post
What version of the mod are you using and what about the AP version? I tried to installed the russian version onto Steam version of AP and seem to miss some files because I don't even have the directory you are talking about.
You can make the new directories yourself. It seems to recursively look through them. I did it with my Impulse version without any problems.

As an aside

- Asmodeus' Sixth Sense actually teleports him into another location! So, if he evades, he teleports away. This is what the other guy here was trying to say.

By the way, my Asmodeus is up to level 12, still only level 1 vampiric and level 1 "accelerated" metabolism. I had an option to go to level 2 vampiric and/or level 1 accelerated. I opted for level 1 accelerated.

Poo.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Heal/round and Titan for more Health is the first picks you should make with a solo Asmodeo. It depends on luck if you can make this at the first levels, i have started a solo twice and i have twice at the first Level Heal/round, 2nd level Titan and 3rd Level Heal/round to choose.

If you have Heal/round, Titan and Vampirism at a Maxlevel all is easy and boring, because you can stop all Walls, all Spells, you can kill all alone with Asmodeo.

The key is to kill really all with asmodeo, only spells if it is really a lifesafer. If you kill with other units he is not strong enough for the other islands. If you make your play easy if you use a few other units at the start you have later a big problem.

You can say that a Solo Asmodeo has always twice the Level at the beginning as your hero. And later on leveling is much faster, every two fights you gain a level with him (sometimes if the fight is really hard you can make two levels in one fight).

I quit playing with a solo Asmodeo at Level 68, because he is so strong that it make no fun, really boring...The only problem later are really strong undead units (because Vampirism don´t work) and elfen units if they get the right wind or fire buff at a fight.

But my modified game with 400 % stronger enemies are really fun, all above is not working without cheating, but 400% is possible and really really hard

Last edited by sdshadow; 06-28-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
It doesn`t matter what version you have, just check your game folder and find red sand that you downloaded from some link in this tread. In that folder you`ll find winrar archive and opening it it contains all files i mentioned.I just unrared it in my game sessions/red_sands.
As for your question about some translation missing it`s still not all finished, we all hope that final english version will have all chat translated properly new companion/quests etc.
The file I downloaded was an set-up exe file. Do you know a link to the RAR file such as the adventure mode.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

File you dl-ed, like rest of us, is instalation file and it will instal itself in your game folder. Find in your Kings Bounty Crossworlds folder, red_sands, and inside should be red_sands winrar archive. After extracting that archive in same dolred you`ll find all files that make this mod. Most are txt files describing units/skills/items etc, and mostly selfexplanatory companion files for companions you can hire, chat, quest,items etc. Atom files are function for game mechanics, and function of unit skills/abilities and such.
So just find red_sands folder where you instaled your game and extract winrar archive you find there, and check files you want to. If your not sure about moding some files I recommend not to, because you can some things in game to stop working.