Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 09-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for your fast answer. That sounds good.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Yes, good to hear that. Man, i want to get my hands on this title...
Old 09-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

I have already payed for it over at Gamers Gate. I presume it will be available there at the same time as here. Looking forward to it!

BTW, can you update us on the status of the actual game? Has any of the bugs (and there was quite a few of them) from the Russian 1.11 version been looked at?
Old 09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Pushed back to Q4, and a release date that unspecific means December in most cases - unless it becomes Q1 '09 again. Come on guys, get this thing on the shelves!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

Sorry to be a "pissant" but, how come it takes more than a year to translate a bloody game?

It's not like you have to rewrite every single bit of code for us westerners, its just names and dialogue... postponing the release will only loose you your european and US customers who actually look forward to this game. Think about the money you're missing out on when you postpone the release...Giving a release date to us and sticking to it might improve your reputation so that more europeans and US citizens would buy your games...more customers, more cash, more cash...well you figure that out

just the thoughts of a rambling dane
Old 09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

Well PapVogel, actually I'd rather see the game delayed a bit IF it's to fix the numerous bugs... Now I hope that's the reason. I tend to think it is tho.
Any infos on that matter would be welcome, and any update regarding release would be aswell

Oh, also... could you tell us if you're planning to release an english Mod Tool please ?

And, last but not least... what about Reloaded ? Are you planning to either include it to this release or at least planning to ever make an english release aswell ?

Thanks in advance

ps : PapVogel, if they wanted to fix the bugs, that'd actually mean they're rewriting 50% of the overall code

Last edited by Nightprowler; 09-13-2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: cynism :)
Old 09-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Registered Member

I wish i could share your optimism, nightprowler - and i don't mean that in a derogatory sense...

considering the timespan between the russian release (damn, it's been so long ago i've forgotten it!) this seems to be a classic case of "we hand-pick the most incompetent and uncaring european publishers exclusively, which don't give a damn about our game because their marketing departments tell them innovative russian titles don't swing over in Europe". Next, the publisher is kicked for another publisher of the same league. Goddamn, i hate what the gaming industry has become.

Just my guess. Besides, those guys might be right, but i reckon it's just an idiotic, self-fulfilling prophecy.

With every passing day, the sales for 7.62 will be worse. Losing the guys from the graphics crowd - not that this would be the main customers, but the more graphics advance, the more bleak 7.62 looks.

Last edited by Dosenben; 09-13-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Well Dosenben, I don't think 7.62 is the kind of game the graphic whores are buying anyhow, you're right on that
Now what'd be really stupid imo, marketting wise, would be to release 7.62 in the Christmas wave...
Lots of people who'd eventually buy it at least out of curiosity when there's nothing major aside won't at Christmas, when the block-busters will be around. And that's what 7.62 needs... new blood. As for the real fans of the genre, we'll buy it no matter when it's released, so waiting for Christmas is definatly a mistake in my books.

As for the translation, I hope you're wrong, since as fans (with most non Russian speaking, using Bablefish or some other online translators, it took us 3 weeks or so to translate it to english.
Of course, that's nothing like the quality of an english release, but it makes the game understandable and playable.

Last edited by Nightprowler; 09-13-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Registered Member

You're definitly right... curiosity buyers and die-hard fans from the JA groups.
I just hope one day games like 7.62 will get the attention they deserve, from producers as well as prospective buyers.

Of course, a few energetic fans can translate games like these with babelfish, a dictionary and a little help, but BE5 was delayed four motnhs because of it's "translation". It was still horrible grenglish, i presume they hired a north korean rice farmer and gave him an suaheli - english dictionary. Nevertheless, i'd take this guy again, since the game came out playable.

Please not december...
Old 09-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Well, if you want to play 7.62 in english without waiting for the official release, you can head here (to apply on 7.62 russian version) and download our translation. Now, you have to know that, when the official english release will come, you'll have to start anew, as the save includes some infos related to the game files.

And actually, what the games such as 7.62 really need to get more attention is a localisation... I live in France, and I can say for sure that 7.62 won't sell in english language as it should have if it was translated to french. And I tend tho think it goes the same everywhere (except in England and US )

Last edited by Nightprowler; 09-15-2008 at 10:29 AM.