Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 05-19-2019, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
I suppose u mean some free stacks u have found? The free ones are random in vanilla. In other games it could be assassin's, witch hunters etc. I recall some in istering two places: in cave and also at surface. Don't think there are much landscape changes in mod more balance of things.
Yep, you're right. I found some of them in the robbers haven and the others outside.

By the way, Target works the same as in Crossworlds? I mean, does it force all enemies of the appropiate level to attack always the enchanted (targeted) unit?

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 05-20-2019 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:44 AM
Approved Member

There are 2 stacks that want to join you in Istering and they are random. When you said you are being offered free Marauders, I thought that you found them in a shop, which would've been strange. I did not make terrain changes. Many enemy stacks are changed to include new units. Some stacks are neutral and some have their movement changed.
About the Target spell, I'm not sure,because I didn't use it. It should work the way you have written.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
About the Target spell, I'm not sure,because I didn't use it. It should work the way you have written.
Hope not. It should make the targeted creature more appealing for enemy attacks, not make 100% certain that such creature will be attacked by every opponent of the appropiate level.

Let's see how affects balance.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
Hope not. It should make the targeted creature more appealing for enemy attacks, not make 100% certain that such creature will be attacked by every opponent of the appropiate level.
Let's see how affects balance.
In Trent we made Target more expensive in mana and only effect level 1-3. If it only should be more appealing I guess some modding in a lua file is necessary. I like just level 1-3 better.

BTW I guess the Only way to get to Greenwort is thru the Big Spider 🕷️, right? Can be tough...
Old 05-21-2019, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

Hi Sirlancelot, raknefne! I usually can't afford to lose so many units of one creature. That means a lot of money. That's why I think the spell is not overpowered. It is possible of course,that there is a cheating tactic,which I didn't find. But if it can't be used for more then 10% of the fights, it is still ok. So when you successfully complete the game on impossible and then you say again the spell must be nerfed - then we can think of something . I modified many lua files, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it more appealing.
About Greenwort - yes only thru the spider and one additional fight after it. It is supposed to be tough
Old 05-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi Sirlancelot, raknefne! I usually can't afford to lose so many units of one creature. That means a lot of money. That's why I think the spell is not overpowered. It is possible of course,that there is a cheating tactic,which I didn't find. But if it can't be used for more then 10% of the fights, it is still ok. So when you successfully complete the game on impossible and then you say again the spell must be nerfed - then we can think of something . I modified many lua files, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it more appealing.
About Greenwort - yes only thru the spider and one additional fight after it. It is supposed to be tough
Do you mean the only level of difficulty that you expect to be challenging is Impossible?

Anyway, I'll buy Target and try it out in my current game, so I can offer some feedback.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
Do you mean the only level of difficulty that you expect to be challenging is Impossible?
Heheh, why do you even ask this. There are persons , for whom even "easy" will be challenging, everyone is different. What I mean is , that the game must be balanced for the highest difficulty and then everybody finds a challenge according to their skills. I never tried "hard" , maybe there is too much money compared to "impossible" and the difference is too big. I guess we'll see with some feedback
Old 05-28-2019, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
*When doing damage, the limit of maximum 60 difference between attack and defense is removed.
Is this true also for the reversal (avoiding damage)? (ie: defense) I hope so, it would give a good reason to developing defense.

Target seems still quite relevant (decisive) on Hard, I'm gonna start an Impossible run to check the differences.

PS: The song which increases gold income after battle and initiative, does it also give such extra money if the fight last longer than the specified turns its played?

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 05-29-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

By the way, don't you think Gift or Runic word should be nerfed so the former couldn't be exploited?

https://www.vigaroe.com/2018/09/warr...is-part-4.html

Possible bug: Jarls "Shoulder to Shoulder" ability doesn't seem to work on Berserkers.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

I think the song w gold doesn't matter how long it last.

I think ice crystal spell is OP... 6-12-18 Mana is cheap. Perhaps increase with 50% in mana. U can block everything and just have shooters...