Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 08-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Well you guys are set for the game now, there won't be any big obstacles anymore.

I'm trying Vampire now, and it's pretty much impossible to do anything no-loss. Demoness start is so much stronger than other classes. Even with trap lvl 2 and trapper there isn't enough damage to deal with all the stacks. With one more level i could possibly get diversion. Only way i see this working out is witch giving phoenix spell Anyone have done it, or only demoness is impossible no-loss viable?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Well, Matt, this NPC is very easy to miss. You know there are a few flying platforms in Atrixus. One of them leads to the traitor guy you need to eventually kill. There is another in the (middle?) of the map where the yellow circle-not-quite-pentagram thingy is, the area with the inn and the demon who had his son captured. If you take this flying platform, you will be taken to a small flying island where another Demonologist Demoness lives. She sells 4 spells in my game (Volcano, Armageddon and 2 weaker ones) + Demons and Demonologists.

Could have easily missed her out myself.

Hmmm... I think they must have added that, because all the platforms were broken (i.e. not working as the human invaders had really trashed the place) and there is nothing in the central yellow circle for me at least at the beginning of the game except for that big gate you can't go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjazd18 View Post
Wow, i really wonder how you did those 3 fights at whitehill Matt, I quickly assumed those were impossible to do. But at least you confirmed that there were 3 fights necessary before release. So next challenge is to do beginning with Orc class.
Yah, it was tough, but the two side stacks were weaker than the middle stack when I played and so I ended up doing the side stacks first. I think the first one I was level 5, but defeating them got me to level 6 and allowed me to pop back to the shelter and get a few more Imps / Scoffer Imps. My army was 18 Scoffer Imps, 1 Demon, 5 Cerberi, 2 Demonesses, and 28 Imps. Then I was able to get 3 more each of Imps / Scoffer Imps for the other two battles.

You basically have to use the Demonesses to swap their big shooter stack to your Demons with the Demon's summoned troop (and you use that troop to attack a secondary shooter if there is one near where you were swapped) and then once you take them out, the other troops are either slow so try to get them to walk onto a trap (you'll note that I have 4) or you can have your Demons absorb damage until they are down to about 30 or so life and then the Demonesses swap will be reloaded by that time and then you can have your Cerberi / Demonesses absorb the rest of the damage. I'm not joking about maxing out the damage absorption of all 3 of those troops, getting them down to 30, 20, or even fewer hitpoints. Also, under no circumstances, allow Bowmen to use their Cold Arrow on your troops (forget about no loss if that happens) or Priests / Inquisitors to use their "Healing" on your troops (if you've whittled them down a bit you might survive a "Healing" attack).

I've attached pictures of the 3 Whitehill stacks (in the order I defeated them) so you can get a feel for what I was up against compared to what you may have faced.

I actually have to find Verdelet for a quest and had no idea where he was - now I know he's in Atrixus. I've kind of been saving it for last as I have three islands left and then Helvedia and Atrixus.

Of the three islands, they are Aralan, Oakarland, and Galenrim. I have Aralan probably about 75% completed, Oakarland about 50% done, and Galenrim probably about 50% as well.

Actually in Helvedia, I was having trouble with the Demon troops believe it or not when I first went there about 10 levels ago (stacks of 43 ArchDemons would Fire Rain my single Dragon Rider stacks, but now that I've finally been able to max out my Dragon Riders I have 13, 12, and 13 in each stack so I'm ready for a rematch!).

By the way, be careful if you face Royal Griffins with dragons because they do either 1.5 or 2.0 times damage to dragons. That was a major ow! the first time I came up against that! I've also used it to my advantage with Call of Nature and I think I had a stack of 120 or so single-hit kill 43 Green Dragons!

By the way, the Armageddon spell is back to only damaging non-magic immune enemies and Dragon Riders are magic immune so it can't hurt them. I forget which games have it that way, but I know at least TL is that way, whereas I think they changed it in WotN where it even affects magic immune enemies.

At the rate I'm playing it'll probably take me a couple of weeks to finish the game no loss...

/C\/C\
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_140822_001.jpg (991.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg screen_140822_002.jpg (980.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg screen_140822_003.jpg (987.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I am progressing well so far. Tristem is a great location to open. Just go through the catacombs, poke your nose into Tristem (you will most likely aggro units on very narrow pathways, so you cant go past them), then go back into the catacombs. This is enough to open it as a location. Use Blackie to port you there - you won't regret it. I snagged 70 free orc Shamans, which seem to be quite OP. Thanks to adrenaline, their skills are available every round. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is broken, cause I have never played the orcs in the OOTM campaign that introduced adrenaline.

So right now I am sporting 2 Green Dragons (bought eggs), Demonologists, Necromancers, Shamans and Demons. Good times
Wow! You couldn't use that strategy before, as they didn't open until you got the map (or perhaps it was getting quests later as I could only go to Dragandor from the Catacombs at first).

If you have 2 Green Dragons, you should be able to defeat the Dragon in Portland.

Sounds like you're doing well!

/C\/C\
Old 08-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Hey everybody

I just played for an hour of two and I really like that you can start as a demoness or vampire with awesome troops.
But then I entered Whitehill and Portland and i was surprised that the islands were so empty, there's hardly anything to pick up.
Are the other island better or did the developers not have enough time to finish the game ??
Old 08-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Matt, the platforms are indeed broken at first, they open up after you visit Atrixus the second time after you free the Spirit (you can get there through the Portland catacombs in the graveyard). I recall seeing 2: one leads to the demonologist guy (wasn't a girl, my bad), and the other to the demon traitor you need to eventually kill.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantB View Post
Hey everybody

I just played for an hour of two and I really like that you can start as a demoness or vampire with awesome troops.
But then I entered Whitehill and Portland and i was surprised that the islands were so empty, there's hardly anything to pick up.
Are the other island better or did the developers not have enough time to finish the game ??
Whitehill is completely empty, nothing to loot at all, which I admit is very strange. Not so Portland though, that should be full of enemy stacks and loot.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Matt, the platforms are indeed broken at first, they open up after you visit Atrixus the second time after you free the Spirit (you can get there through the Portland catacombs in the graveyard). I recall seeing 2: one leads to the demonologist guy (wasn't a girl, my bad), and the other to the demon traitor you need to eventually kill.
You know, I guess I got so caught up in doing the quests from Portland and onward to check back in the Catacombs to see when they'd open up the passages back to Atrixus, Portland, and Tristem and I could have gone back via the Portland portal as you mentioned.

You know what's funny, is that I actually went through that portal back to the Catacombs through the Portland portal, but must not have thought to check to see if the travel restrictions had been lifted!

So I guess I kind of forgot about checking, but that means that with Blackie you should be able to kite around Tristem and Atrixus and get a lot of goodies to aid in your Portland and beyond efforts.

Verdelet's units would have made Portland so much easier! Oh well, I guess I did it the hard way!

I'm not sure if you can kite around the units guarding the Troll / Ogre shop in Tristem, but if you could get to that shop, you'd get those units pretty early as well. The Shaman by the shore sells the new units (I think they are called Orc Shamans or something like that). They have Empathy, which is a really important spell for deflecting damage to another unit (and like I mentioned before, you can pick an enemy troop).

I guess, though, that none of this helps with the Shelter and Whitehill battles, but it is still great to know!

/C\/C\
Old 08-23-2014, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

53 fights done now, Monteville is about 50% complete. The chokepoint for me now is that Black Dragon on Portland. I know I will have to kill it soon but with no resurrecting troops other than the Demonologist, I don't think it can be done without a level 5 unit.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
I've attached pictures of the 3 Whitehill stacks (in the order I defeated them) so you can get a feel for what I was up against compared to what you may have faced.
Ah i see, 4 traps, but still that last stack looks vicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
53 fights done now, Monteville is about 50% complete. The chokepoint for me now is that Black Dragon on Portland. I know I will have to kill it soon but with no resurrecting troops other than the Demonologist, I don't think it can be done without a level 5 unit.
You can skip this fight for later. At Monteville in one of the castles guy gives 2 or 3 wanderer scrolls for free. Call of colosus or dragon of chaos will defeat that fight easily. Also you can abuse trap but it's kinda lame memorizing where dragon will land.

My update is as follows mage/vampire cannot do no-loss impossible start, there isn't enough beef or damage to do guardians of light.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

90 fights in, same lineup: 2 Greens, 2 Reds, Demonologists, Shamans, Demons. If I had a 3rd Ranged unit, I would use it: the demons are pretty much a mop up squad for anything that gets close to my rangers. At Inselburg now, fighting anything I see.

Game has sure opened up. I like where it is going.

Zhu, the Black dragon in Portland is easy if you leveled up your companion's Orc Sword basic skill well enough. If you have, just gulp a rage potion and unleash. Necromancers might help, as they drop the Black dragon's HP down to 800 with PLAGUE, making it possible for Blackie (or in my case Doncho, cause I wanted my lil dragon who gave me the signature back) to drop it down in a hit.

If everything's ok, this battle can be over on round 1.