Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Uuuu i like idea for champions Battle cry, it would do great for warrior iron knight medal.
If you implement this just attach here that file, no need to update all mod, i think it would effect already started campaing.
Can i add champion in knight`s set -leadreship% requirements like knight,swordman and rest of human melee troops ? I`m not sure where to change this in items.txt or ...?
Also did you see my earlier question for changing something in older savegames (from original Ootm) into your mod. Is it possible ?
3 more problems i just figured out :
In skill mind tree there is problem with Voice of dragon (screen 1 i cant lvl it up because i cant get to it). What file i need to replace to fix this ?
I mean what file describes skill in different tree`s might/mind/magic to get it back to original settings.
On first round pet dragon and spell book are locked (screen 2 this is on start of battle first round) like i used it already , but in later rounds it stay locked.
During battles any attack instantly kill my/enemy troop. When i place mouse cursor on enemy troop it say 0 dmg (screen 3 archmage attacking EGD), but after attack troop dies (screen 4, 1archmage kills 1EGD). Same goes for every attack on my units no matte is it 1 Peasant, or 10 Azure dragons. What file/settings got f...ed ? I finished training, started clearing Debir island and this problem appeared.
I tried new campaign and all works great, no problems with dragon, spell book or dmg to my/enemy troops. Something got in files during lvling up (i kited to verona and in trip back all this started screwing me) but i cant figure out what. Any help ppl ?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp skills.bmp (422.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: bmp round1.bmp (91.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: bmp round1-1.bmp (1.31 MB, 10 views)
File Type: bmp round1-2.bmp (1,020.9 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-27-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

I can't download. It says: Your download is starting.... and then nothing.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Approved Member

@Mandea:

Hm, works fine for me. When it says "Your download is starting", it should start downloading... make sure your pop-ups are not disabled and take a look at your browser settings.

@Fatt_Shade:

Maybe I'll work on the battle cry, but later. BTW it takes about 3 files to implement a new talent for a unit.

To add Champions in Knight's set go to special_params.txt and under sp_lead_warrior, amongst other units add Champions.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by changing something in older savegames, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible. Each campaign/session has it's own set of savegames and, in my opinion, mixing them would be more difficult than making new King's Bounty game.

To change what skills must be learned before being able to learn a certain skill (ex: Voice of the Dragon) go to skills.txt, then go to the skill you want to edit and under deps=[...] delete the skill you don't want as a requirement (ex: the skill that doesn't even exist in your picture).

I had the problem where it says 0 damage, but actually kills the whole stack... It happened when I tried to edit Red Sands. I think it's somewhere in arena.txt or arena.lua , but I'm far from sure since it may actually be in any txt/lua file or maybe even somewhere else.

I can't help you with the dragon/spellbook problem, but there is a chance that it's somewhere in arena.lua. And if these problems get fixed after starting new game then I'm not sure if it can be helped.
Good luck.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Thx for checking this problems.
For champions i figured it out and added him to knight`s set already.
Save games i just thought to use old save for your mod (got 1 interesting with 91 int mage ), but it`s not important. There is always new campaign
Voice of dragon fixed, thx for info.
About 0 dmg/kill all stack problem occurred after i kited first 4 islands, and returned to debir and start with it. All enemy were weak/very weak and this happened I didnt edited anything in files. Restart campaign with warrior and all works great, no problems at all. That`s why i ask what could get changed by itself, since i didnt do anything to arena.lua/txt files. Same thing with pet dragon/spell book in new campaign work without problems and i didnt changed anything in mod files
Doesn`t mater, i`ll stick with this new campaign untill figure something out.

One more thing: why make sapphire scales as attack, dragon use it and end his turn. Orc`s commander, orc veteran`s rage potion, paladin`s second wind are all talents that you use and still play with that unit. Why not make azure dragon do the same. Use scales and still attack enemy ?
And you missed azure dragons in sp_lead_dragon (eye of dragon) -10% leadership in special_params.txt

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-27-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
One more thing: why make sapphire scales as attack, dragon use it and end his turn. Orc`s commander, orc veteran`s rage potion, paladin`s second wind are all talents that you use and still play with that unit. Why not make azure dragon do the same. Use scales and still attack enemy ?
And you missed azure dragons in sp_lead_dragon (eye of dragon) -10% leadership in special_params.txt
I didn't want Sapphire Scales to cost them their turn, and tried a lot of different things to make sure of it, but in the end... I failed.

Thanks for letting me know I missed them in sp_lead_dragon.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

I managed to install it. Very nice mod. Champion and the new archer are very interesting. Looking forward to your work.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

I tried to change something in sapphire scales in relation to paladins second wind, but still it end dragon turn, so i quess you tried other things also. But then archmage use magic shield to protect other unit, azure use scales to protect himself, so ending turn seems appropriate Only does it last 4 rounds, or 4 attacks on him, like avenging angel spell. Haven`t figured this so far?
In eng_rewards file you have this settings like in original campaign :

reward_fire_mage_cond1='Fire Arrow', 'Oil Mist', 'Fire Rain' and 'Fire Ball'
reward_fire_mage_cond2='Fire Arrow', 'Oil Mist', 'Fire Rain' and 'Fire Ball'
reward_fire_mage_cond3='Fire Arrow', 'Oil Mist', 'Fire Rain' and 'Fire Ball'

There is missing cond4 and cond5 for your new 4th & 5th medal lvl`s. So who play your mode just in medal needed add 2 more lines just after cond put 4 and 5 respectively to allow aditional medal lvl`s to work (this is needed for Guardian angel, Iron warrior, Fire mage and Holy knight medals).
About changing medal requirements dont bother with my message i send you earlier, i made it work finaly
In the meantime checking this medal files, i got thinking about dragon slayer and blind rage : killing dragons gives you bonus exp for pet dragon, and using rage in battles add you +crit% chanse. it seems totaly backward. I thought to change it into using rage in battles = +exp for pet dragon, and killing dragons to = +crit%. Thought`s ppl ?

F...ing medal requirements, i managed to replace dragon arrow with second wind and it works in Ootm but in your mod it reports `load error with addon_special_attack.lua` and it`s increasing counter for medal but does`t give medal after reaching needed number of castings for lvlup. I have no idea what`s problem here, since it work in original campaign, but in your mod simply reject my change
And i got stuck in 1 more place : when i lvlup Rage control/Onslaught and get bonus rage for hero but when i lvlup Bloodlust nothing happens no bonus rage from skill, and no min %rage before battles. Any idea what could be problem. Spend last 4 hours mixing eng_skills , skills.lua skills.txt files but cant figure it out HELP ppl. ( i got great start, ogre set in uzala, enough Giantic units and finaly seems i`ll try Shrek build when this s..t started

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-28-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Fatt_Shade for the info on missing lines, I attached a modified file that fixes what you said so people can add it if they dont know how, just replace it

Thanks bladeking77 for the new campain, Im getting ready to check it out
Attached Files
File Type: zip eng_rewards.zip (2.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 05-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

I got 1 more miss, same case as in eng_reward.lng
For spell required castings in medals.txt (guardian angel, iron warrion, holy knight, fire mage) there`s missing var4=spell_used . . . and var5 for 4/5th lvl`s.
For guardian angel add this strings after ver3=spells_used...

var4=spells_used-spell_stone_skin, spells_used-spell_angel_avenger, magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor
var5=spells_used-spell_stone_skin,spells_used-spell_angel_avenger, magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor

For fire mage, holy knight and iron warrior medals do same just copy already existing string only replace var3 into var4, var5 so those medals have 5 var# strings. I wont copy mine since i changed them and would only give you problems with it, like i already have

And azure dragons are missing in dragon slayer medal. Just add this string in dragon slayer medal after units_killed-reddragon,units_killed-azuredragon
Question considering azure dragons : are they totally imune to magic ? Cant cast any benefitial spells on them, cant heal stone skin nothing. Is this something with saphire scales, or just weird unit settings.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-28-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Question considering azure dragons : are they totally imune to magic ? Cant cast any benefitial spells on them, cant heal stone skin nothing. Is this something with saphire scales, or just weird unit settings.
They are totally immune to magic, just like Black Dragons.