Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
And what is that last car in the line? Armoured buss?

Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggit View Post
with the loss of 95% of its heavy equipment in France the British army converted a lot of civilian vehicles into armoured cars... 1 lorry even had a concrete bunker built on it.

It's one of those 'Iron Building' on an AEC London bus Chassis (LPTB)

Old 09-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

I usually don't comment on the weekly updates, (or anything else really, as evidenced by my postcount...) because by the time I usually get to the threads, everything I was thinking has been posted already.

But this time I felt I had to, because this has to be one of the best updates yet, if not the best. The planes and vehicles look insanely nice as usual, but this time the colors look really squared away as well. The graphics would get no complaints from me if the game was released with the graphics as they are in this update.

Seeing the menu shot was really encouraging as well, even with all those newfangled fonts I fully trust you guys to come up with something more period appropriate by release time
Old 09-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Approved Member

Default Well, well, well, some constructive critics...my 2 pence! ;)

Strange - the falling Ju-88 has lost his right engine - but the falling engine have NO propeler blades at all!!!

Some tiny features, which will give more imersion - what about AI flies flying in to the cockpit, and perching on to the front glass? ...Or some buterflys flyng over the flight field, some flowers around too.

An AI fly is easy - it have the same intelect of Il2 AI drone. Just copy and paste it.
Oleg, show us some bomb models, and explosion models...
And...may be it is not too late for third buch of photos!!! Something as "Saturday update".

~Cheers!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Good to see interface, helps me picture game as more than Il-2 5.0
Old 09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Looking very good. Terrain seems to be very nearly there. Love the grass/vegetation detail in the convoy shot.

Is that another type of 'smoke' in the bombed factory pic? Looks like dust and dirt thrown up by the explosion rather than the 'burning' smoke we've seen before.

Also like the way it is drifting.

Fingers crossed for Christmas.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:42 PM
kalimba

Default impressive...

Congratulations Oleg...

It seems to me that you ought to be proud of your work at this stage of WIP...

These screenshots are at a new level now...These are "artistic" and presented like if you took those pictures yourself...From real life...Like an artist would do...
The " shadow" one is exceptionnal in its 'poetic" quality...

Bravo!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Excellent details, thank you. I can not imagine Tuckie, Jafa and MP's videos with those greatest graphics and details.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Some real 'meat' coming on these updates now, well done gents

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 09-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

:drools:

superb. all looking fantastic, but i particularly like the "armoured bus" in the last shot.

i've seen an ad hoc tank at bovington that was made after dunkirk, basically a flatbed truck, reinforced with concrete and a bunker type thing on the back.

8 pages so far - much whining yet?
*goes to check*
Old 09-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Hadn't noticed the "smoke/dust drift" effect from the factory, I truly hope (and expect) that that is caused by the ground level wind direction and speed. Cooooooooool!

I am a bit surprised at how extensively the whole factory (and surrounding buildings) are damaged by 4X 50 kg bombs, but perhaps this stuka is part of a larger flight which dropped before it did.

Nice to see that the dev team has begun damage models for the building types...
I'm clearly going to have to start saving for a new rig!