Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

And for the right shade of green for the place, have a look here...

... at around 3.10, not much but enough to grasp how "green" should look there.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

"That real life shot shows his head must almost be brushed by the front edge of the canopy when it closes/opens."

This real life pic shows also how much too small the virtual Hurricane pilot is.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

One (constructive) critique: the trees in the first pic do not blend enough into the landscape, they stick up like candles on a birthday pie ... maybe some more blur of the 3D objects would help blending them with the 2D textures ... just my 2 c.

Cheers,
Insuber[/QUOTE]

+1 the trees should be better blended with landscape, in partucular trees in far background. However great work,
Old 09-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Bah I guess those pilots in the planes are not adjusted yet -- they may not even be of the right nationality in the right plane yet (heinkel),...but anyway, Hurricane cockpit photo here:

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/ima...3/15/11828.jpg
Old 09-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
Beautiful pictures, I am impressed, a couple of them look almost photorealistic! Keep up the good work guys.

One (constructive) critique: the trees in the first pic do not blend enough into the landscape, they stick up like candles on a birthday pie ... maybe some more blur of the 3D objects would help blending them with the 2D textures ... just my 2 c.

Cheers,
Insuber
+1. The pics look awesome! After hundreds of sorties, I don't think I have seen an enemy aircrew but when SoW comes out I will have to take a peak lol. Those screen shot are impressive to say the least.

Something about the landscape and trees is a bit off to my eye and since I can't put my finger on it, I'm going with the comment I quoted. The trees look a little too well defined at distance maybe. But what do I know?

Thank you for the update. I would love to see video or maybe hear about the development progress but I'm thinking those are super double secret right now.

Splitter
Old 09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappatime View Post
... Anybody got a real life shot of a Hurricane with pilot in like the SOW shot posted today, as a matter of comparison?
This shows the size of the pilot pretty well.

PPanPan
Old 09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDNT View Post
So, still lot of work to do to look right !

The Blenheim is about 500 ft high in a computer sim, the Spit is about 3000ft at a guess, in an old photo with the background misty and out of focus.
Comparing the two looks spot on to me.

As to pilot size, the Hurri is big for a fighter and maybe that bloke was only 5' 2''! Mind you, he doesn't look the quoted 175cm. Not that I'm complaining, we won't really see 'em too much.

Looking superb.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

I think the landscape will only look 'odd' because the Planes and objects are almost photo-realistic.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

On the first pic, it looks like the country road is about 7 or 8 times larger than the locomotive !!! Strange.
Frankly, the screen is good, but I don't understand how you can find it "awesome", when the trees are not ok, the colors not right and the texture resolution not there ? A good WIP, ok, good but still very WIP.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

The Blenheim is about 500 ft high in a computer sim, the Spit is about 3000ft at a guess, in an old photo with the background misty and out of focus.
Comparing the two looks spot on to me.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On "Flight" archives pics site, you have plenty of period pics, taken at low altitude over this part of Britain showing quite well that this screen is still..... very WIP and far from being "spot on".