Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanator21 View Post
Ok, let's see some screens of the game now under these settings. And consider the toy-like appearance of the He-162.
As I suspected you have never flown it ...... nothing toylike about it. Its beautiful.

Quote:
You can enjoy the game, but it's not fair to bash SoW before it's even done.
Not bashing at all. They have had a 6 year headstart. I want to see some screenshots that at least come close to this. Nothing for 6 years.

Quote:
I also seriously doubt the nature of WoP is going to match SoW in terms of physics and flight model. In this regard it will not be competition.
No one in this thread has posted such a thing. People are merely honest enough to acknowledge a stunning technical/graphical achievement. WoP is just beginning and they have managed to set the graphics benchmark.

I know for a fact that Oleg has seen these posts. If he doesn't get bent out of shape ..... hard to figure out why some here do. Its good for him to see whats happening and what people expect/want graphically.

I mean when you got Chivas saying it has potential .......... well enough said. He is fanboy #1 and he likes it/owns it. We all have our own ways of influencing the 'direction of development' there are times to be supportive - and times to kick some A. Now is the time to kick some you know what and get some results - now while the engine is being rebuilt (get me )
Old 12-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Protos, don't stretch it.

In terms of realistic looks, just check the above pictures and tell me how such a fast plane can even exist with 4cm deep and wide rims between the panels. That's simply WAY overdone. It may even look cool, but realistic? Sorry, no way.

Same is for the white cliffs of dover being dark gray on a sunny day, just because it is not directly lit. Also check out the shadows, cause there are none on the ground.

And nobody bashes SoW? Big-time LOL - go check the title.

Quote:
I know for a fact that Oleg has seen these posts. If he doesn't get bent out of shape ..... hard to figure out why some here do. Its good for him to see whats happening and what people expect/want graphically.
At least I agree on that, because there are enough people here who realize that WoP looks stunning and great, but not realistic. I prefer realism over eye-candy anytime.

Last edited by Feuerfalke; 12-16-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Hsqn Protos View Post
As I suspected you have never flown it ...... nothing toylike about it. Its beautiful.

Not bashing at all. They have had a 6 year headstart. I want to see some screenshots that at least come close to this. Nothing for 6 years.

No one in this thread has posted such a thing. People are merely honest enough to acknowledge a stunning technical/graphical achievement. WoP is just beginning and they have managed to set the graphics benchmark.

I mean when you got Chivas saying it has potential .......... well enough said. He is fanboy #1 and he likes it/owns it. We all have our own ways of influencing the 'direction of development' there are times to be supportive - and times to kick some A. Now is the time to kick some you know what and get some results - now while the engine is being rebuilt (get me )

OK lets imagine it would be like this:
"ur game" has betetr graphics...
SOW has way better (more realistic lets say) FM and DM...
U know which one will most folks buy here?

dont make me laugh
Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
At least I agree on that, because there are enough people here who realize that WoP looks stunning and great, but not realistic.

It can't BE stunning and great UNLESS its realistic. So you have already conceded that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
I prefer realism over eye-candy anytime.
Who says you can't have both in 2010
Old 12-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:

It can't BE stunning and great UNLESS its realistic. So you have already conceded that point.

Who says you can't have both in 2010
in "ur" game?....I doubt
Old 12-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Beatifull shots Protos, really gorgeus, and i wish i had a console to play the game because it looks like a blast. Even if its not a serious simulator in the phisics area i still enjoy those kind of games once in a while, but i still stand on the oversaturated atmosphere that creates gorgeouse graphics but are unrealistic.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have serious doubts that most of the critics in here have even flown this game, but for those of you that have and want more .....
WoP beta critics go to WoP beta forum and write their positive and negative feedback there. EULA of beta requires that "no dirt about the game was published until it is beta". So, if you see people writing negative comments in public, they are violating EULA or they simply haven't played WoP at all and are basing their opinions on rumors, published screenshots and etc.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Approved Member

I think WoP will have a much more favourable kill ratio for the player and considerably faster action (ie. reduced take-offs and navigation).

SoW will have more realistic opponents, more complex ground targets, a campaign environment that is historically accurate and advanced weather modelling (plus a full mission builder and moddability).

So, I don't think WoP is a direct threat to SoW (although it may be very enlightening to see how profitable a 'light' simulation is compared to a proper one).
Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Based on my BOP experience, I won't be bothering with WOP.

The online experience in WOP will be rigid and nowhere near as flexible for the user to design scenarios like 1946.

Then again, I guess that is what sells these days. Give the player something shiny to look at, but then take away all the depth to the game and treat the player like a small child - instant sales!

Buy WOP if you want a shallow experience and want to buy a "sequel" every year.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Agree with Protos. The existence of BoP/WoP can only be good for BoB. Oleg is an intensely competitive developer with stunning past achievements. I'm sure WoP's awesome landscapes will only drive him to do even better with BoB.

I'll be supporting future development of WoP when it's released and also buying BoB. Hopefully WoP will be successful enough to result in sequels which improve on areas it's lacking in.