Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Well done hotfix. Beating the game on Impossible is always a challenge to begin with. Did you manage to do it without losses (can't tell from that screenshot)?
I have loose people in the battels... But I dont care about that...Most important is win the battle?

You dont get more points on highscore if you have loose people in the battles?
I see someone here have not loose army in the battels but I get higher highscore
What is most important get higher points?

My goal in games is come high on highscore list
Old 09-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfix666 View Post
I have loose people in the battels... But I dont care about that...Most important is win the battle?

You dont get more points on highscore if you have loose people in the battles?
I see someone here have not loose army in the battels but I get higher highscore
What is most important get higher points?

My goal in games is come high on highscore list
I say to each his own, my good man. I know some people on this board who don't care about the score, some people who don't care about no-loss, and some people who don't care about any challenge goals at all and just want to play this game to completion at easy settings.

I, for one, like both the high score and no-loss goals; I'll try to beat your score and post my results here, whether I am successful in beating your high score or not.

EDIT:

Screenshot of 3rd "serious" battle, 4th battle if you count the medals battle. 1 Troll in the morning, still no contest whatsoever. More surprisingly is somehow my gold jumped from 15k before this battle to 89k! Screenshot say I only got 16.5k from the battle, plus the 4,200 I dug up via the chest. Must be a reward for completing the 1st island, as I also suddenly got the scroll "Sheep".

So now I can buy all the items and AK scrolls that I want...

Level 11 after this battle; jumped 3 levels from level 8.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battle 4.jpg (884.2 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 09-24-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
I say to each his own, my good man. I know some people on this board who don't care about the score, some people who don't care about no-loss, and some people who don't care about any challenge goals at all and just want to play this game to completion at easy settings.

I, for one, like both the high score and no-loss goals; I'll try to beat your score and post my results here, whether I am successful in beating your high score or not.

EDIT:

Screenshot of 3rd "serious" battle, 4th battle if you count the medals battle. 1 Troll in the morning, still no contest whatsoever. More surprisingly is somehow my gold jumped from 15k before this battle to 89k! Screenshot say I only got 16.5k from the battle, plus the 4,200 I dug up via the chest. Must be a reward for completing the 1st island, as I also suddenly got the scroll "Sheep".

so you are rocking a warrior?

no loss so far or?
Old 09-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post

EDIT:

Yeah you seem to get a cash bonus for reaching the second island - it's in the vicinity of 50,000 gold I believe. Looks like you won't have any trouble with no-losses here. I restarted the game at least 10-15 times and I only had Trolls on the first island once.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelle View Post
so you are rocking a warrior?

no loss so far or?
Nope, Paladin is the way to go if you want a high score. You get to reach Learning 3 faster (+20% XP) and the XP medal is higher (+5% XP, +3% XP if mage, didn't quite check with warrior). This is because this is a low level campaign, so getting the XP bonus fast via the Paladin class skill tree is more important.

No loss so far, see my screenshots posted a page back showing the first 3 fights. Note that only the 1st serious battle could be considered tough, and it's not even THAT tough. You could spawn as having units from elves, humans, or dwarves. Humans get Paladins, dwarves get droids, elves get... ents? Might as well restart the game if you get elves.

Then your dialogue choice dictates what your next 3 enemies would be: lizardmen, orcs, or demons. With the Paladin skill Holy Anger, choosing demons is a given. Did I mention that the Paladin class starts with Exorcism level 2 even though there are zero points in the Distortion Mage skill tree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Yeah you seem to get a cash bonus for reaching the second island - it's in the vicinity of 50,000 gold I believe. Looks like you won't have any trouble with no-losses here. I restarted the game at least 10-15 times and I only had Trolls on the first island once.
Troll is not the optimal choice, dragons are better (Reds in particular), and you almost always get dragons after the 1st serious battle. The reason I went Troll is because they are cheaper gold-wise (I thought gold would be scarce) and XP-wise, and as my screenshots show you don't even need to abuse their nighttime regeneration since Paladin starts the game with Heal level 2.

Actually, the easiest and most optimal way to clear the 1st island is to restart the game till you get dwarves for their droids (1 in 3 chance); Engineer's Badge is optional, though it seems to almost always spawn for me whenever I get dwarves. I just continued on with my game since I lucked out and was able to dig up an AK scroll in the 1st serious battle; that definitely offset me spending 4,500 gold total for 3 Paladins whom I don't need anymore once I got 1 Troll.

EDIT: (2010-09-25)

I already mentioned before that the initial dialogue dictates what race your first 3 core enemies would be: lizardmen, orcs, or demons. It should also be noted that when jumping from the 1st island to the 2nd island you also randomly get the race of your next 3 enemies: humans, dwarves, or undead (which completes all 6 race types); just keep on reloading from a previous save from before the jump and you would eventually get your enemy of choice.

This is why going Paladin for this campaign is so overpowered. Not only do you start of with Inquisitor's Blade, Healer's Jacket and 3 scrolls of Divine Armor which you could sell if you don't like them, you also start with Lightning 1, Heal 2, Dispel 2, etc. And most importantly: starts off with Exorcism 2 and could tech up to Holy Anger 3 real quick. So if you take Demons as your first set of enemies and Undead as your next set of enemies... seriously, even just the part where Holy Anger has -15 Defense against enemy demons and undead is IMBA enough.

And it definitely doesn't hurt the Paladin to be the best class to get +XP bonuses.

EDIT: (2010-09-26)

Battles 5 - 8 attached; first suppression battle was an upgrade to Steel Belt, next was an upgrade to Magician's Cloak.

I still have the last battle left, plus a couple more suppression battles. Already using Trolls at night, which may not cut it against the more powerful suppression battles, though the off-the-bat Paladin spells (Peacefulness 3, Divine Armor currently at level 2) plus Diploma of Anti-Magic and the Magician's Cowl help a lot. Worst case scenario, I chicken out and just buy the Black Dragons available at one shop.

Already at level 19, so definitely breaking level 20+ here and breaking the high score mark of 700+ for this campaign. Now if only I had more time to play...

EDIT:

Level 21 after Magician's Cape upgrade suppression battle, screenshot attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battle 5.jpg (485.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg battle 6.jpg (915.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg battle 7.jpg (931.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg battle 8.jpg (604.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg battle 9.jpg (509.8 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 09-27-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Apologies for the double-post, but my previous post already had the max 5 attachments.

New bar for the DotC high score set at 763:

Impossible Paladin
Level 26
No-loss

1 medal battle, 6 regular battles, and 6 item suppression battles; 13 battles total. Screenshots of 13th battle and high score highlights and combat statistics attached.

A very interesting ultra-short mini campaign. I had a lot of fun here since I got to use Trolls and Black Dragons, both of which I never used extensively in KBTL and KBAP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battle 13.jpg (901.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DotC high score 1.jpg (699.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DotC high score 2.jpg (700.9 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 09-27-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:49 AM
Approved Member

when did you get your first troll?
Old 09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelle View Post
when did you get your first troll?
After the 1st demon battle; I have screenshots of my first 9 battles posted on this page and the previous page. This is actually my gripe with this campaign, having level 5 units available after the first serious battle (not counting the medals battle). I had 2 trolls and 1 red dragon available, making succeeding battles in the 1st island very easy.

Below was my unit composition for the battles:

medals battle: 1 paladin
1st demon battle: 3 paladins (this battle unlocked 2 trolls and 1 red dragon)
2nd demon battle: 1 troll
3rd demon battle: 1 troll
1st suppresion battle: 2 trolls
1st undead battle: 2 trolls
2nd undead battle: 2 trolls (this battle unlocked 17 trolls and 13 black dragons)
2nd suppresion battle: 6 trolls
3rd suppresion battle: 7 trolls, 3 black dragons
4th suppresion battle: 8 trolls, 3 black dragons
5th suppresion battle: 9 trolls, 4 black dragons
6th suppresion battle: 9 trolls, 4 black dragons
3rd undead battle: 10 trolls, 4 black dragons

The black dragons made the suppression battles quite easy, and each suppression battle done just made your army all the more stronger: more XP/gold/leadership/hero skills/pet dragon skills. The snowball effect of the suppression battles was only compounded by the fact that I believe they fixed the XP and gold reward system for said battles; a tough suppression battle now gives a commensurate reward (which wasn't the case in KBTL and KBAP), in my case getting as high as 10,847 XP and 55,500 gold (this with applicable paladin skills and item bonuses though).

Like I said before, they could have made this campaign harder by making level 5 units available only in the 2nd island, or maybe even not making them available at all for this short campaign, but everyone would just go dwarves for the droids (though suppression battles with smallish stacks of droids would be a nightmare ).
Old 09-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

in order to reach a high level close to 30:

1, lots of upgradable items for extra experience/gold/scroll. droids are fine, but not good if you do suppression fights, because they are vulnerable to magic.

2, get an ancient knowledge scroll early on. preferably out of the chest you dig out during the 20,000 gold medal fight (first fight)

3, abuse troll's regenerate, it works great, although this isn't really necessary. a resurrection scroll with a balanced team of level 4 units would also do the job, but it would require a lot more time and effort.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

A mighty fun campaign. In my opinion, it's more like a learning by doing tutorial, which forces you to carefully evaluate your units, carefully analyze and pick your troop setup, and so on.

You can easily fool around to get a higher level, for all I see. Lore found it out, and good work. However, it does take a lot of fooling around and a lot of digging. There are plenty of upgradeable items though... With level 3 learning and hand of necropolis (it spawns) you can get to a higher level, but it's all the same. This is the next campaign where level 5 units own everything when properly utilized
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scr1.jpg (320.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg scr2.jpg (321.1 KB, 20 views)