Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Rune Mages + Royal Griffins is really ridiculous, imo. By turn two I have a whole bunch of phantomed Royal Griffins and Celestial Guards running around absorbing hits. Deadly stacks aren't so hard at all - just beat Constantine the Vampire to get the fourth Valkryrie without too much problem.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekiem View Post
So I finally got to the part with rune mages, but mine have only 2 intiative, not 20, and my game is not modded...

EDIT: Not complaining, everything else is still working pretty much like described here, just the initiative that is different, and I found it odd.
There was a patch yesterday which addressed this issue.

I guess that means that 2 is its intended initiative?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

They could drop the initiative to 0 for all it matters. As long as 1 rune mage can create several thousand leadership worth of units the only difference will be that after the battle is over you might need to phantom your paladin stack a second time for more resurrection.

For now my self-imposed rule is only 1 rune mage stack, no using phantom more than twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
Hmm. I didn't think phantoms had any abilities. So I'm not sure the paladin-rune mage trick would work since your first phantom wouldn't be able to do anything but move and attack. Has anybody actually pulled it off?

And speaking of ridiculous, how about a tricked-out ice ball (with max creator, max level and good intellect). Roll (or teleport) it in the middle of the enemies and they obsess over it while barely hurting it. Add max level avenging angel for extra lols.
Phantoms have abilities. What they don't have is runes, which means you can't phantom your rune mages to phantom more rune mages.

Last edited by Loopy; 11-02-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

Ugh, that's hard to believe. Rune Mages in AP didn't have 20 initiative, certainly, but they had significantly higher than 2. Forget the exact number. But they should have somewhere in the 5-8 range, imo.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
Ugh, that's hard to believe. Rune Mages in AP didn't have 20 initiative, certainly, but they had significantly higher than 2. Forget the exact number. But they should have somewhere in the 5-8 range, imo.
Well, it does explain where 20 came from.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
Hmm. I didn't think phantoms had any abilities. So I'm not sure the paladin-rune mage trick would work since your first phantom wouldn't be able to do anything but move and attack. Has anybody actually pulled it off?

And speaking of ridiculous, how about a tricked-out ice ball (with max creator, max level and good intellect). Roll (or teleport) it in the middle of the enemies and they obsess over it while barely hurting it. Add max level avenging angel for extra lols.
phantoms do have abilities, it does work, it is nuts
Old 11-03-2012, 04:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by namad View Post
phantoms do have abilities, it does work, it is nuts
Thanks for clearing that up. Did they tweak the power of phantom in the patch, or is it still maxed with only one unit?