Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: What Russian plane should be used for this Tournament?
I-16 type 24 10 31.25%
YAK (all variants) 22 68.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Ooops! thanks pope, had a bad couple of days and was glancing over the thread quickly when i could. I'm with McQ...would prefer a plane with combat flap. any plane is ok....just would like to practice in for a week or 2 prior to the tourney, as for the time change.....i can devote a thurs, fri, or sat to play guys over there....as for my wing or who i wing cant say.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

So far Ive also got xtomisx, U2711AZ, and Panzergrante. I just need to get them to post here.

EDIT: Edal, xtomisx is unable to post on the forum so has asked me if I can confirm his entry for him. He is able to read the rules though and he will be my wingman so I can handle the posting of our results. By the way the xbox lack of screen shot shouldn't be a problem. All I will need is a xbox message or forum PM stating the match result from one person on each side. If they match, all is good and I can pass the result to you.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 09-29-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Ok. Please add me on the xbox list players . May i suggest this? 2 planes. For example : 1st match team A spitfire vs team B bf 109 - 2nd match reverse. Thx.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

if they really want a screen shot...everyone has a cell phone with a camera. shot the scoreboard then forward it to your email. i do this at work all the time with stuff...works very well.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

Mavrickandgoose,
PS3 or XBOX? I also need your id (PSN/gamertag)

MckinneyJD,
PS3 or XBOX? (PSN/Gamertag)

U2711AZ,
What is your xbox gamertag?
Also, I see what you mean assigning different planes to home and away maps in order to, in some way, give home pilots a little advantage, however, I would really prefer to keep it a one plane only tournament. I think that having to choose your own, favorite map (and side of the map) is a good enough advantage.

Robotic pope & Bobbysocks,
Both ideas for reporting results for xbox are great and I had considered, I was not sure though if everyone could be able to submit a photo from a personal camera (phone). I only would need the winner (flight lead) to report results and the defeated (flight lead) to report results in order to confirm. Photos will be more reliable than actually having to write down all of the 4 players' stats for the match results, you guys think we can work with xbox participants in order to make this photo result reporting possible?

I-16,
I am with MAC, the I-16 may not have combat flaps like all other planes and this may seem to make SIM mode with these planes more like a REALISTIC mode, however, this plane has an engine problem if not handled adequately and this is something that other planes dont have and will make the plane a little more tricky to fly than being able to set flaps. Besides, if you really cant live without flaps on SIM mode you can try using your landing gear for those tight turns or slow speed maneuverability.

Idea, please post opinion:
All teams will be composed of a Flight Lead and a Wingman, were the purpose of the Flight Lead will be to report results to me or Robotic Pope. However, I was thinking of taking this a little further and see if it will add a little more to having a more "tactical 2v2 tournament", nothing too crazy ofcourse. So the idea would be to reward (little more points) the team that is able to down the enemy's Flight Lead (or maybe make the Flight Lead's deaths count as double). I dont want to make the tournament revolve around this idea I just thought it would make it a little more interesting. What do you think?

Thank you all for posting
Old 10-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Approved Member

edal i think this is possible. i do this all the time for reports i write. i take a pic with the camera on my phone then send it to my email address. then i can either forward that pic to another email or save as an attachment to post on a website. most everyone on xbox has a mic and we talk in the lobby...i think we can iron it out.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

My xbox gamertag is U2711AZ , the same one i log in here. Thx
Old 10-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Opninions:

Plane
I had some matches the last days in the I-16, and found it fun to dogfight in, but I have some thoughts about it being the chosen for this tournament.

The I-16 is a slow plane. From my experience from the P51 tourney, there will be different maps in use, with different spawn areas. In the P51 tournament there was a lot of time flying to get positions and after kills get to fly away due to the disengagement rule.
Flying the I-16 under these circumstances seems to gain a disadvantage of the purpose of the tournament.
There will be a lot of flying, and less fighting. Figure it as we have to team up, fly in position, locate the enemy, there might just be about the time when your engine shut down at the point when battle engages.

If we are tho honor the Devs, what about some other russian plane, IL4, Il2 M or maybe the IL 10 ?

Yes, I was kidding. we got great fighters like LA-5, LA-7 and the yaks......

Scoring
How to locate wingman or wingleader ? we all got same skins ?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

2v2 sounds intresting, just a thought russian plane to say thanks to devs is cool so in my mind its got to be the best plane in the game which happens to be russian, the LA7, fast plane great turns makes a great game,
Old 10-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

themiester and me would like to team up ps3 psn same as on forum will get themiester to post to,