Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:37 AM
Approved Member

SLM

The first Fw 190 on the Eastern Front appeared with I./JG 51 at Lyuban in September 1942. Lyuban is, however, on the far side of the Eastern Front when seen from Stalingrad. It's a small town roughly 50km southeast of Leningrad. As such - if the sequel depicts the Battle of Stalingrad - no Fw 190 has a place there because none were present.

The closest (distance-wise) a Fw 190 ever got to Stalingrad was the posting of a Staffel of ground-attack Fw 190 A-5/U3 of Schlachtgeschwader 1 to Anapa on the Taman Peninsula in spring 1943 (long after the 6th Army had surrendered).
Old 10-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
SLM

The first Fw 190 on the Eastern Front appeared with I./JG 51 at Lyuban in September 1942. Lyuban is, however, on the far side of the Eastern Front when seen from Stalingrad. It's a small town roughly 50km southeast of Leningrad. As such - if the sequel depicts the Battle of Stalingrad - no Fw 190 has a place there because none were present.

The closest (distance-wise) a Fw 190 ever got to Stalingrad was the posting of a Staffel of ground-attack Fw 190 A-5/U3 of Schlachtgeschwader 1 to Anapa on the Taman Peninsula in spring 1943 (long after the 6th Army had surrendered).
Like I wrote earlier, I don't know how 1c decides the contents of their sequels. Is it just time period and whole front or some more limited area? If the whole front, then it would be ok to include fw-190. My info about when fw190 appeared in east was from fw190 wiki-pages.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Approved Member

We're not planning Western front or Mediterranean in the near future. We make Eastern front now only.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Like I wrote earlier, I don't know how 1c decides the contents of their sequels. Is it just time period and whole front or some more limited area? If the whole front, then it would be ok to include fw-190. My info about when fw190 appeared in east was from fw190 wiki-pages.
Some more limited area. We can't make the whole front.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the official info Black6! I do understand that making a map covering the whole east front would be too much.

Well, I hope we'll see Fw-190 rather sooner than later. It was used in so many places that it could be used in many kind of missions in the game: east, west, med. More planes of any kind is what this sim needs now that the biggest engine bugs have been fixed.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
So by reading the first part of your reply, you actually agree with the point I am making? 44/45 is the 'popular' stuff where lots of interest and finances could be made from? The only reason that 41 wouldn't be revisited by players is because....it's not as popular as 44/45?

This makes me think that there is a little snobbery going on here, whereby the popular aircraft must not be released as who will play with us if they do that? Surely the popular aircraft are where the finances and revenue could be driven forward by 1C to create 'less' popular Theatres?

Releasing the Aircraft SDK would be financial brilliance! Surely? 3rd Party developer's make add-ons (like the Aces Expansion for IL2(although that was Maddox of-course)) and release them. 1C take a percentage of the revenue. If a pack is popular 1C make money, if not, they don't make a loss in development time, someone else does? Surely the more popular and attractive the Software looks to buy into, the more people will come aboard? Maybe the 190 vs 51 servers would be more popular..but that's because more people want to play on them rather than being 'forced' (uses term loosely) to fly aircraft they really don't want to because it's better that 1C only pander to the elite than the masses?
No I dont agree with you. Its silly. Its nice to have the eary war stuff. Im sorry you beloved P51 isnt in the game yet, just wait it will be.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Its nice to have the eary war stuff.)
+1
Old 10-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Every now and then I go and check what Team Daedalos has done to improve the officially abandoned IL2. Some of the new planes they've added have been exactly these early war planes like He-123 and P-36. I think their free effort has been magnifient.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

I'm not interested in beat-all-aircraft, i want historical scenarios and all the weird n wacky aircraft that actually took part.

anyway the IL2 will have flight characteristics of a 190 while the 190 will fly like a Bristol Bombay, so we're part way there! LOL! joking ..

.....--oOo-- --oOo-- HE-111 --oOo-- --oOo--.....
========================================
-oOo- Intel i7-2600K (non-clocked) -oOo- GA-P67A
-oOo- DF 85 full tower -oOo- 1000W corsair
-oOo- 8 GB 1600Hz -oOo- 2 x GTX 580 1.5M (295.73)
-oOo- 240 SSD -oOo- W7 64bit
-oOo- PB2700 LED 2560 x 1440 6ms 60Hz -oOo-
========================================
Old 10-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

IL2 wasn't chronologically either. Besides it had several option for scenarios in the first place.

So I have to agree with MP: From the marketing point of view, a scenario of 1944 Western Front or even early Africa, to keep the beloved timeline would have been a much better advertisement. And more profitable. I must admit that the eastern front ist one reason I'm not interested in this sequel. And I guess I'm not alone.