Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 07-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, sadly, I don't. I have the REALLY bad habbit of saving everything onto 1 or 2 save game slots (+ the extra quicksaves), which are pretty close to the finish of the game, maybe just after I used the tactics treatise exploit I was talking about in the other threads and hit lvl 31. If that will suffice, I can attach it.

EDIT: Or was it just before I did the treatise bug... I'm not sure

EDIT 2: Actually, I can save you the trouble of loading a save game. It was just before I used the treatise bug and finished the game. This is how my char looked like at that point:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full char info.JPG (380.0 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by DGDobrev; 07-28-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Korador died last night after 8 turns of chaging blows and 31 turns of resurction to no losses.....
Priests, Inquistor, horseman and archmage - all with +2 morale from the item + sword of light (insane Vs undead) + sword that adds 30% to attack Vs undead
The 5th unit was sprites which was probably wrong match for the battle - knights would have been better.

DGDobrev - Priests are so great for this battle !!! especially with morale, even though he cast fear on them they just shot the skellies and spiders down. + 2 morale is huge.

Demonis - here I come....
Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

That was the basic idea for picking both Priests and Inquisitors. On impossible, karador's skel archer stack may go as far as 2000, and it's imperative to bring their numbers down before they start dropping your stacks like crazy.

You are lucky to have the sword of light. It is indeed a great item in this battle
Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

For a quote +2 morale brings:
  • +20% of base attack/defense of unit, that's not that much for a low level unit like priest but it's still a good gain when effects are multiplied by 2 against undead.
  • It increase the critical chance of unit of 50% (ie for a priest the base chance is 5% without rage bonus, it becomes 7.5% without rage bonus. But that base chance includes items improving critical chance).
Also another quote, even 2000 Skeleton archer will do ridiculous damages to Cursed Ghost with Stone Skin level 3 and Archmage shield. But this isn't useful in this battle because of that two Necormancers stacks that are hard to close contact both.

Last edited by Vilk; 08-04-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iregev View Post
Korador died last night after 8 turns of chaging blows...
Rather impressive, is Karador don't cast any more spells if you killed all and none can be call from death?
Old 08-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

I killed all his units by turn 8 and left the crystal for later - He actually had 26 mana with no units to spare so he couldn't cast anymore.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

It's a point I never quote in this battle.

So if I understand what you mean is if there is no more enemy then the crystal doesn't use Necro call and Karador anyway never use this spell but will also won't use any other like hypnotize because it has no more units?

EDIT: And I don't understand how you managed Necro call, could you explain a little?

EDIT2: The last time I played this battle, for some reason one Karador stack I had killed and Necro Call myself then killed by Karador unit didn't get Necro call by the crystal. Is there special rules about Necro call from the crystal?

Last edited by Vilk; 08-04-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

The AI analyzes the situation and works in a specific manner. In some turns it may not cast necro call, especially if the target it can call back is not "good enough". For example, the AI prefers to Necro Call the Bone dragons in this fight, then Necromancers, then Vampires. That's the thing one can exploit in this battle. That is also something you can work with - use necro call on the stack that AI values the most and force it to call back weaker units or cast other spells.

EDIT: When the battle is lost and the AI has no units and no mana, it usually stops doing anything as long as there is nothing of relevance to use necro call on. Then it's all about ressing your fallen troops
Old 08-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

I believed there was necro call from necromancers but also a necro call of crystal and this one does only that but once at each turn. Next time I'll look more closely the log to see what happen.

Until now only strategy that counter necro call was working otherwise I had feeling to get the same stack restored next turn.

I'm still curious to know how iregev managed necro call, pure force power working in this fight surprise me.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:44 AM
Approved Member

by turn 8 I had finished all his army and had either raised all the corpses using my Necro call spell or covered them with units/ice thorns.
I did pull it off with rather pure force since I was level 26/27 with +2K of leadership itesm and sword of light. Also I have been building this charchther sfrom startup specifically for this battle - equipement and skills see the "poor preist"example:

priest base attack 10
morale bonus +2
my attack ~ +8 (don't remeber)
sword of light +10
Holy anger + 10
total of 40 attack with double damage to undead and that's before the frenzy bonuses kick in (and he killed allot because of the summoing)

The horseman starts this battle with 29(base)+6 (morale)+ 8 (att) + 10 (sword) +10 (anger) = 63

the inquistor had ~ 50 attack