Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb87 View Post
The more ram think my motherboard only supports 2Gb of ram and its an old pentium D 3Ghz dual core. Not the newest of PC's but this game isnt exactly brand new is it. Im prepared to put in a 8800GT into it as I can get one fairly cheap
Actually, this game is brand new as it was released only a couple of weeks ago It's been in development for quite a long time, though, and it doesn't have next-gen graphics. However, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Judging from videos and people's posts I think it's safe to assume that this game is pretty demanding of your PC and graphics card.

Last edited by obsolum; 12-09-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobie81 View Post
I was wondering how to check the frame per second in rig n roll? How you do that?? i have searh for it but not found how you do, i now some games you t.e.x. hold ctrl+z to show you fps, but how is it in rnr??
bobie81 you can download for free fraps or use ati tray tools if you have an ATI video card,also att has other neat stuff you might want to check on your graphic card while running games or other 3d intensive apps .
Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Ok this is it the game has become unplayable i dont know if its a memory leak i have just reinstalled my os lol...and all the drivers for every hardware i got installed and i got the same results the game needs a patch to adress ati 4870x2 users i KNOW im not and will not be the only customer who has bought the game and has an ati 4870x2 card and the game performs horrible i cant describe it any other way , aparently this has the same bug that ati users experienced in NFS SHIFT a patch is needed to render the game playable.

Also how many people who bought the game and CAN speak english are satisfied with the game fps i mean is it playable?

Btw is any developer from RNR or softlab even reading these forums , or am i just wasting my time posting here for fixes wich will might never arrive? and i should move on...and forget about it ??
Old 12-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Hi plolq,

I'm playing the game for a few days now and I must admit that the more I play the game, the less satisfied I am with the performance. Unlike you I am using an Nvidia card (Gtx 285) along with a 3.4Ghz Core2Duo so I dont think it is an ATI only problem.

The sad thing is that the bad performance seems to be totally random and there doesn't seem to be a clear bottleneck. I have spent about a day messing around with all possible combinations of video settings and none seemed to guarantee solid performance. I use 1650x1080 most of the time but tried lowering it and in some places my fps actually dropped compared to the higher resolution. It is the same story everytime...fps seem solid for a few minutes but start to degrade to the point of being unplayable.

As for the developers reading this forum...I don't know. I do know that a lot of people on the Russian forum are complaining about the performance as well and those topics do get the developers attention.

Personally I don't think this is a problem which is going to be solved soon. Think about it...the developers spent the last 5 years or so developing this game, if they didn't get the performance right in those 5 years, to me it is very unlikely that some patch is going to solve this.

It kinda reminds me of the Armed Assault series, great concepts ruined by bad performance.

Ofcourse I will follow any future development because without the performances issues this game is actually one of the best I played recently.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Approved Member

Of course it is to be honest IT IS one the best game i played in years and this year it tops my list along with other epic ones: Dragon age origins/red faction guerrila/borderlands , rignroll is joining my list of epic games this year along with other titles i mentioned , too bad its plagued by fps issues

Yes i noticed that too after loading a game the fps is awsome as it should be, after a while 1-30 min it drops to unplayable unfortunately AND i must admit king of the road had the same issue if i remember right so yeah im not hoping this will get fixed soon because lets be realisitic here even the devs of red faction couldnt fix/release a patch to adress the goddamn red faction ati issue it had to came from the ati ccc crew wich in 9.11 the problem is history and the game wich was unplayable on some ati cards mine included ( shadows were flickering, textures mising, abysmal frames almost like in rnr save for missing textures...) now is smooth with whatever settings you want at maximum its pure awsomness like any game should be.

Last edited by plolq; 12-10-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Approved Member

I expected this game to have performance issues right from the very first videos I saw of it. However I would have thought that a high end pc would have no problem coping with it, but it seems even that is not the case.

Question for you guys: how much RAM have you got? 'Cause I've seen one of the admins here say that RnR will benefit greatly from big amounts of RAM, and seeing as you say the game runs fine initially for a period of time and then it gets worse, maybe it's a memory issue? Possibly even a memory leak of some kind?

Anyway, if the game doesn't run like it should with a GTX285 on a 3.4 C2D then I can forget about playing this game as well (9800GTX+ on a 2.4C2D). A great shame...
Old 12-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Approved Member

Don't forget that comfortable FPS level is subjective and there are people who find even 15fps comfortable and who need at least 60. It seems that traffic amount is a biggest performance factor. In addition, try to select another sound provider and see whether this makes a difference.
Some people reported a big performance boost after they excluded game directory from real-time antivirus monitor or turned antivirus monitor off altogether.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
Don't forget that comfortable FPS level is subjective and there are people who find even 15fps comfortable and who need at least 60. It seems that traffic amount is a biggest performance factor. In addition, try to select another sound provider and see whether this makes a difference.
Some people reported a big performance boost after they excluded game directory from real-time antivirus monitor or turned antivirus monitor off altogether.

Of course it is relative , mine is at around 34-35 , also i have my antivirus TURNED off while i have a session of rnr and also i tried switching between direct sound sistem/creative xfi/software emulation all to no effect same fps no mater what unfortunately.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Pretty much the same, except for the texture flickering.
Runnin R'n'R on this rig:
Intel i7 860, 2.8 Ghz (OCed to 3,2 Ghz)
Asus P7P55D
OCZ 4 GB DDR3 (727.7 MHz (2:10) @ 9-9-9-24)
Asus ATI Radeon HD5850 (OCed to 5870 Settings)
Samsung HD103SJ 1 TB SpinPoint F3

Driver:
9.11 with Tray Tools (v1.6.9.1435)

Tray Tools settings:
AA = 0x
AF = 16x
vSync = Forced Off
Catalyst A.I. = Off (seems like RnR dont like C.A.I., got CTD each time i tryed it.)

Temps are fine, average 50°C for CPU and 45°C for GPU.

Average FPS: 80 at day, 50 at night, 30 at night w. rain.
Lowest seen yet: 13 FPS at night, while rain.

Seems like its not at all traffic related, due i run this game maxed out, with full traffic and it runs just fine and then it drops to 15 - 20 fps for no reason - traffic stays the same.
LA kills FPS specially while cruising "down town", had huge lags and FPS drops to about 15 FPS for no reason, less traffic, no mirrors visible.

I can run ArmA2 on my System, maxed out with 3000m vd at steady 50 - 60 FPS.
ArmA2 is also known for its worse performance, anyhow, it looks way more better as RnR will ever do and has way more effects and details as RnR and it still runs steady at 50 - 60 FPS.

As i monitored my CPU i discovered RnR just used around 60% of it, might explain some performance issues here and there.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

ATI HD 5850 runs it fine, here and there some FPS drops for no reason.
Anyway, i would give an 5850 a shot!