Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 01-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StkNRdr View Post
vnvv_stea, that question and answer was not in relation to the Android app.
dear StkNRdr, sorry to make you confuse, but the name of the tread is: "using iPad as ........". so i post here urly, seeking for support, and since i have found an answer, i want to share it with all of us, so in the future if someone has the same issue to not spend days of looking arround!

with greetings
Old 01-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

OK, I loaded the TB Hurricane panel to my Android tablet and had control over the buttons. I then loaded COD. After the game loaded I hit fly. I was in the cockpit with no hit to fps BUT I could no longer see the TB panel on the tablet (screen goes black). If I alt-tab out of the game the panel comes back. I tried loading it after the game also with the same results.

My game resolution is 1440 X 900 (1920 X 1200 native). Tablet is 1280 X 800. I then changed the desktop screen res first to game res and then loaded the panel to the tablet, same result. Any ideas?

Maybe I need to resize the panel to 800 vertical pixels.

BTW, Don't worry vnvv_stea, I'm not confused. The heart of the thread is getting Touchbuddy panels to work with COD.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StkNRdr View Post
OK, I loaded the TB Hurricane panel to my Android tablet and had control over the buttons. I then loaded COD. After the game loaded I hit fly. I was in the cockpit with no hit to fps BUT I could no longer see the TB panel on the tablet (screen goes black). If I alt-tab out of the game the panel comes back. I tried loading it after the game also with the same results.

My game resolution is 1440 X 900 (1920 X 1200 native). Tablet is 1280 X 800. I then changed the desktop screen res first to game res and then loaded the panel to the tablet, same result. Any ideas?

Maybe I need to resize the panel to 800 vertical pixels.

BTW, Don't worry vnvv_stea, I'm not confused. The heart of the thread is getting Touchbuddy panels to work with COD.
Did you change to mouseuse=1 in your conf.ini?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Yes, mouseuse=1 (just double checked). Thanks though.

I resized the panel to 1280 X 800. No dice, still goes black while the game is up on screen, comes back when the game is down.

Tried Tight VNC again but it doesn't seem to open a second screen like iDisplay does, therefore I can't offload the panel.

I'm hoping it is something in PC or tablet settings somewhere that I am overlooking. iDisplay does not have a configuration menu though. I wonder how close iDisplay is to Air Display.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

I found the following on the Touchbuddy site:

Quote:
When I launch my game, the TouchBuddy screen calibration goes off. What gives?
Probably you have buggy Touchscreen Drivers. (There are some older Beta Drivers that seem to work the best.) Another solution is to check whether your game is running at the same resolution as your primary desktop. If it isn't you will need to change it to match so your touchscreen resolution doesn't get changed after calibration. If this doesnt fix the problem, please post a question on the Tech Q&A forum.
This probably explains what is happening to me. My desktop is set to 1920 X 1200. The game changes this to 1440 X 900. The resolution of the Galaxy Tab is 1280 X 800.

The iPad resolution is 1024 X 768. If you have TB working on an iPad with Air Display, what are your desktop versus in game screen resolutions?

Last edited by StkNRdr; 01-29-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Approved Member

I changed my game res to my desktop res. Same problem.

I then unchecked Full Screen in game and the panel on the tablet stayed on BUT the highest available game resolution without full screen on is only 1024 X 768 so it is pretty small. Also the buttons on the panel, although showing, did not work.

So close but...
Old 01-30-2012, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

Do you have any graphics overlay tools running? They might effect it.
The other thing is make sure the extended screen is not in a position where it might be considered part of the game window. Try different positions and make sure Touchbuddy is fitting completely within the extended screen and not spread across on to your desktop at all. This includes titlebars etc. Other than that Im at a loss.

PS one other thing, it wont work with Pseudo full screen mode!

It should work with Air Display in 1024x768 and desktop res at native 1920x1080.

Last edited by FS~Phat; 01-30-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:58 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the effort Phat. No overlays on. The TB panel offloads to the tablet great. I am able to switch on and off knobs, toggles, etc.

I am fairly certain the issue lies with iDisplay. I ran it, loaded the panel to the tablet and started ROF which it the only flight sim I use in native mode. When in the cockpit, the panel stayed on and the switches were working. But for every step forward there is one back. I noticed that the CH Control Manager profile would not work with iDisplay. Also, TrackIR has to be loaded after iDisplay or there is a conflict.

Oddly enough, although I use native res in ROF I also have on Full Screen mode. When I try this in COD with native res it won't work. The closest I got to it working in COD was with Full Screen mode off. Unfortunately the selection of resolutions leaves much to be desired.

I think I will have to try to find a VNC program other than Tight VNC or iDisplay. Tight VNC requires a second physical monitor and iDisplay takes too much control of the graphics, etc. I wish Air Display had an Android app.

Not through yet though, there are many VNCs out there!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Here is something else you tech heads could look at. Apparently you can get Xbox kinect to work on a Windows 7 PC. In theory you could just use you hand to touch the screen and operate the switches? Don't know if this would work or would conflict with track IR but might be worth a play, especially if you have kinect hardware to hand - which I don't.

http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-164.html
Old 01-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

I only happened to stumble across that site whilst doing some research on modding my lads Xbox controller and on reflection thought it would be unlikely to just work that easily as apps and games would no doubt need to be written especially for kinect. However, my curiosity arroused I did a bit more research and it seems an official version for Windows will be released on February 1, 2012.

It also seems that, according to Wiki, Microsoft released a non-commercial Kinect software development kit for Windows 7 on June 16, 2011, with a commercial version following at a later date. This SDK will allow .NET developers to write Kinecting apps in C++/CLI, C#, or Visual Basic .NET.

So maybe, if IC had a mind, they could write support for Kinect that would provide interaction with the cockpit, head tracking and even voice commands. Which I think would be pretty cool.