Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
I must admit that Im glad if they disabled kiting, even though I used it extensively it felt like cheating :/
Here's an INCREDIBLE idea...how about NOT DOING it? Unless there's an army of .308 rifles pointed at your head telling you to do that "kit" thing or else. I don't have the "force you to kit" patch.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

I like kiting personally. I can't imagine making it through on impossible without kiting at all. You kited in the original king's bounty as well. For me it's one of the joys of the game. There's several that you can't kite, which i think is awesome. Certain maps requires that you fight.

Please keep kiting
Old 12-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Part of King's Bounty's charm is the ability to MOLD the game as you wish it to be. The kiting is just one of its secrets - and that is a simple (!) option left for us since more than 15 years ago when the original King's Bounty was lauched by Jon van Caneghem's company.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

I just realized that you are actually able to kite more maps then I originally thought. I've played through crossworlds maybe 10 times but never realized that it was possible to kite more then the first 3-4 maps.

I loved getting the first 3-4 islands and then grinding those 3-4 islands the best way I could and eventually get good enough to beat the enemy and get a map for Verona.

Now that I see that most maps can be kited, It kind of changes my mind on kiting. Or shifts it a little bit. I don't think all maps should be kiteable, but I love that you can kite other things on islands and get them. It's needed when you play on impossible IMO. I can't imagine beating impossible without kiting
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

I must be missing something - I'm completely unable to kite most of the maps. I was able to get to Bolo and Scarlet, but all the maps there are guarded by enemies that refuse to budge until I'm in instant-attack range. It's very frustrating... I've hit a point of not being strong enough to continue no-loss, and I'm getting very frustrated.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalil View Post
I must be missing something - I'm completely unable to kite most of the maps. I was able to get to Bolo and Scarlet, but all the maps there are guarded by enemies that refuse to budge until I'm in instant-attack range. It's very frustrating... I've hit a point of not being strong enough to continue no-loss, and I'm getting very frustrated.
-----

Well Kalil, kiting is a bit of an artform and takes practice. I know that some people don't like to do it for gameplay reasons - that's a perfectly reasonable approach IMHO. I actually like to do it and look forward to it on every new character I start. You can kite almost every map guard unless it is "stuck". I remember when I started in Crossworlds I was a bit frustrated that it took so long for a successful kite with some map guarding mobs but now (after much practice) it is easy as pie.

For practice remember to save literally every "click" and go back to a good place if you get the ?????? or if your character gets in a unwinnable jam. Watch the patterns of the patrolling mobs (if any), and learn the agro radius of the various types of guard mobs. Yes, the type of guard mob changes the kiting pattern.

Last edited by Purdypog; 03-23-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 AM
Approved Member

YEah cyclops are one of the easies to kite
Old 04-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Default Just can't kite map guards...

Hello everyone!

I know that this game is pretty old now but I just got my hands on Crossworlds.
Back when AP came out I played a lot ( Mainly on impossible/Warrior )
But in crossworlds I don't think I'll be able to complete a Mage/Impossible/Lossless playtrough unless I can go to at least Rusty Anchor/Verona to get a quick boost to money/leadership.
In my current game I could only get the Maps to Scarlet/Bolo.
I already gathered all resources on these Island that do NOT need map kiting and I'm still pretty weak. ( Even got the Amulet from Bolo underground )
I know that I could just start killing enemies on Debir and hoping that I'll have enough money/leadership to buy a runemage/cyclops to clear Bolo but if I could just get to Rusty/Verona without fighting then I'm sure I'd have enough resources to get started.

So I'd like to ask for help in kiting maps on Scarlet/Bolo. I read about kiting - some of you even said that kiting is easy once you know how - on these forums but to me it seems that in my game EVERY map guard is stuck. I'll post a screenshot of one of the map guards.
I'm in a position where I can't get closer to the enemy because if I do then it will auto-attack.
So are map guards stuck or I do something wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scarlet.jpg (89.4 KB, 55 views)
Old 04-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

This one is not stuck, keep trying
Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

Default Can't believe I did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
This one is not stuck, keep trying
I think it's true that the first one is really hard... after that... well... it's still hard.
Since I posted I managed to snatch 3 maps. The one on my first screenshot was Verona and after that on Verona I managed to get maps for Tekron and Eion.
See the screenshots... maybe I was just lucky to get Royal Griffins and Bowmen as mapguards but right now I'm really happy to have been able to get this far without a single battle.

I think that the hardest part in kiting a map is getting the guard's attention and getting it to move a little bit... after that I had no trouble at all... for now.
I'm sure there will be much harder map guards, but right now I look at this as a success.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the tips they gave since it was with their help that I managed to get this far!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Verona-Tekron.jpg (102.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Verona-Eion.jpg (93.2 KB, 53 views)