Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Once and for all, may I ask you a couple tech questions?

due to my poor english and the fact I didn't have much time to read this huge amount of topics, I still have a little confusion

1 . how do I force my pc and game to use DX10?
2 . I detached mi conf from the Steam cloud, but WICH conf.INI should I modify? The one in game folder, or the other one in mydocuments/1csoftclub/etc/etc?
3 . wich affinitymask value is correct for a Intel Q9550 quadcore CPU?

thank you very much, if you help me I may get a little better and enjoy this future masterpiece.

thank you all sirs, bye!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conte Zero View Post
Once and for all, may I ask you a couple tech questions?

due to my poor english and the fact I didn't have much time to read this huge amount of topics, I still have a little confusion

1 . how do I force my pc and game to use DX10?
2 . I detached mi conf from the Steam cloud, but WICH conf.INI should I modify? The one in game folder, or the other one in mydocuments/1csoftclub/etc/etc?
3 . wich affinitymask value is correct for a Intel Q9550 quadcore CPU?

thank you very much, if you help me I may get a little better and enjoy this future masterpiece.

thank you all sirs, bye!
1) If your have COD installed in Win7, COD is using DX10
2) Dunno. I would like to know that too, but I think its the one in documents
3) 15
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

For sure the right one is in mydocuments. I tested personally.
Remember to add Antiepilepsy=0 line
Old 04-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

some (Intel) have better results with 14 for a quad core

the ae line should already be insitu

Steam Cloud doesn't seem to modify the config.ini in the docs folder... it also doesn't seem to use the config. ini in the steam folder either. Using Steam Cloud connected and loading a saved controls set, looks in the docs folder for saved controls config

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 04-05-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupaxx View Post
For sure the right one is in mydocuments. I tested personally.
Remember to add Antiepilepsy=0 line
antiepilepsy option isnt working when checked/unchecked in GUI? Why we have two versions of the game on disk? Changing conf.ini located in user/documents affects config.ini located in steam?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

I'm not at home now, may be wrong but I can adfirm my game version has 2 config files, one in steam dir and another in docs directory.
Following the tuning advices on 1cforum I firstly acted on config file in steam directory with no results (Affinity mask & Anty epi).
Then I changed the doc's config in two separately steps. First I changed AMask resulting in a successfully attempt; then I looked for antyepy line to edit but in my doc's config was completely missing! So I had to manually adding the line (I don't know why missing). In this attempt I realize that ( as some guy suggested) the correct line to add is Antyepilepcy=0 and not Epilepcyfilter=0. I suppose the switch on GUI operate correctly on the latter, correctly because effectively the command value change from 1 (active) to 0 (disabled) but the command string itself doesn't works!
The right is Antiepilepsy=0
Now, I'm not at home may be in what I remember I may have reversed (confusing) Antiepilepsy with Epilepsyfilter but, take what i'm saying with this incertitude. The juice of my speech is this, I'll check later.

Last edited by pupaxx; 04-05-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

the ini to take note of, is the one in your docs folder
Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Wolf and Tvrdi thank you very much

can't wait to get home tonight and tweak a bit. I already have seen tha 15 value for the affinitymask, but for sure I changed it in the Steam INI, not in the mydocuments INI

yes I have COD running on win7 64bits, so I assume it is already using DX10 by default right?

and yes, that 1Csoftclub folder in mydocuments looks like a clone of the same Steam folder, or part of it (there are INI's, there is a Skins folder... time will tell us better the purposes of such hierarchy)

thank you again, going to upgrade the PC, but for now I have to find the best setting on my q9550/gtx260/4gigsRAM, a machine that can't do much whan it comes to handle this heavyweight game

Ciao.

PS many thank to Pupaxxx too for the clarification about the Antiepilepsy problem. I don't know where the confusion about this string comes from though, but I have seen topics where users were actually confused.

Last edited by Conte Zero; 04-05-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Luthier stated that using dx9 caused fps drop.

I get an error message when running in dx10. Does this mean I am stuck with dx9?
Old 04-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

I guess that depends on the operating system and the graphic card, both should be DX10 ready, example win7 and a compatible DX10 card