Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

S!

Many thanks. Have to test it immediately when I get from work
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 01-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

My deepest condolences for Sergey 'Vert' Kubyshkin, to his family and his friends! S!

And my most profound thanks to all of you for this hard work and dedication,
all this time - for us!

S!

Gringo
Old 01-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Approved Member

Thank you so much!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

Can't download until midnight here but I'm positively salivating with anticipation. Somebody tell me about the new AI!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBlonde View Post
Can't download until midnight here but I'm positively salivating with anticipation. Somebody tell me about the new AI!!!
ITs still not much of a challenge, but, they now look more lifelike and do a variety of maneuversboth offensevely and defensevily. they also O/H and are affected by negative g's. im preatty sure i was able to sneak at ones six too.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

@Pupo162, have you tried multiple AIs at veteran/ace level, please? Do you still find it too easy? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
ITs still not much of a challenge, but, they now look more lifelike and do a variety of maneuversboth offensevely and defensevily. they also O/H and are affected by negative g's. im preatty sure i was able to sneak at ones six too.
That sounds great.

I'm not too worried about their individual skill, the beauty of Il-2 is you can have massive hordes of aircraft going at it without needing a supercomputer from hell to run it. When you've got 50-100 aircraft in the sky it changes everything, how good they are individually doesn't really matter because you can't fixate and end up in a clumsy, inefficient dogfight if you want to survive.

Looks like I'll be firing up DCG and pulling an all-nighter!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkubani View Post
@Pupo162, have you tried multiple AIs at veteran/ace level, please? Do you still find it too easy? Thanks.
ive tried easy and ace. mostly on 1 vs 1 situations. ITs still easy. but its far far more dynamic.

in 4.09 AI would do the exact same thing once you are at his six, independently of its skill level. at 4.11 this was incdredibly different. The easy AI, made some very poor decisions in the fight and i ended up on his six reletevely quixk, and once there it just tried to do some rolls but in a very noobish way. The Ace AI did a book merge and it was a very good fight for about 1 min, and then when i had lost the fight, all the AI had to do was to use the spitfire turn rate and jsut turn me ( i was in the Fw190) , and when it did that, the turn was verry bad, it turned slower than my FW, and i was able to easely follow the turn, outurn him, get into his six, and enjoy the very well programmed AI defefense. it did some rolls a scissor atempt and such, eventually i got him.

that is is a problem with the AI. they dont use their turn cabability to their advantage. No matter if you are flying against a spit or a fW190, their turns are always very slugish and undetermined, ence easy to follow.

im considring psoting a video review.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Thank you very much for 4.11.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

I went into the single missions and saw the added historical Pe-8 and IL-4 missions. Nice!
Exactly what I was asking for in another thread with the russian community members making the new cockpits possible.
Thanks guys! I will give it thorough test-flying and hope to learn much from it