Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 11-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Using Joy2key, combining "Hold to adjust FOV" and "Hold to Zoom Camera" (this in fact zoom only inside cockpit, little).

And mouse still usable (point and click).

http://i46.tinypic.com/534d2v.jpg

Sokol1
Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

So it looks like JoyToKey could work, if you set it to simultaniously map the Hold To Adjust FOV and Mouse down on a single axis

The trouble I encounter is:
Installing JoyToKey, it just dissapeared from my machine after I bought it.
It doesn't appear under programs on the control panel or have a short cut

How would JTK not screw up all your other game axis?
Are there profiles? Do you have to have it running when using CloD?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

SharpeXB

JoyToKey dont install in Windows - just need extract files to any folder (I use My documents\1c Soft Club) and if desire make a shortcut to desktop.

They dont touch joystick axis unless you program the for act as button.
In default mode JoyToKey see only X and Y axis, to see more go to Otpins and select
"Show All axis (8 way + POV x 2)"

To creat profiles open JoyToKey> File > name/rename as you wish.
You can creat how many you need, ie one for 109, one for Spit...

Some things about JoyToKey:

-easy to setup GUI
-low memory usage (2.740k)
-if sim support alt+TAB JoyToKey - like CloD - can be started after run sim and configured/reconfigurated "in game"
-support up to 3 keys peer button
-support press, hold, repeat
-distinguish right/left CTRL/SHIFT/ALT
-allow use axis as button or divide axis in three bands
-"Shift" function

IMO - The only feature that JoyToKey lack is "mapped key on press" and "mapped key on released" usefull to map CloD Bf-109 "Lean to gunsight" to work only when button is hold.

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 12-02-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

Ok I see where it saved. It's not a "program" I guess
I don't see how if the mouse is used for both the zoom and cockpit at the same time how it will work.
I want to assign the toe axis on my rudder pedal and be able to zoom in at the same time as using the clickable cockpit
Old 01-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpeXB View Post
Is there a way to have a zoom view from the cockpit?
There's the End and Del keys which change your FOV but not an axis for zoom?
That's a very useful command which should be added if there isn't one.
I was going to post this but I saw t6his thread..

Quote:
The game should have the following commands:
Zoom In
Zoom Out
Hold to Zoom
Zoom Axis
I agree.. at least Zoom In and Zoom Out

Quote:
I find this game or any flight simulator impossible to play without a zoom axis
and the workaround still involves using two buttons at once.

Snapping views in and out with the 30/70/90 fovs is absurd because you'll lose the target during the snap, what is needed is a way to zoom smoothly in and out like in every other flight sim game there is. Except Cliffs of Dover.

It's apparent the views systems and commands in this game were designed by someone with no experience in flight sims and were given no thought at all in regards to playability. Why on earth would a basic view command the zoom require two buttons to be held down at the same time and not be assignable in the menu?
Why was this issue not addressed in any of the patches?
I agree.. and I have a HOTAS set up using two sticks.. so both hands are occupied.. the last thing I need to be doing is takng my hands off of either one to try to zoom..

Quote:
Zoom is needed to make up for the lack of resolution on a PC screen compared to real life. If your eyesight was as bad as 1080p you would have a very short career as a fighter pilot. In a PC game you need the zoom just to be able to see your own cockpit.
All flight sim games have a zoom feature. CloD has one as well it's just terribly and awkwardly handled. I can't imagine why it is so badly done in this game.
It's not an excuse to say zoom isn't realistic. The game has the feature but why it requires two commands at once and why it's not mappable is a total mystery.
DCS and RoF are much better and more realistic simulators and they don't see the need to make the game more real by forcing the zoom feature to be awkwardly unusable.
I agree 100% .. and I am really surprised at this.. I was looking all over the controls section for this key and couldn't find it.. To have to go through more machinations other than just programming the stick is .. very surprising.. Even IL2 had zoom. I will try to see if I can work past that but I need zoom..
Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

I used JoyToKey to put variable Zoom on the hat key. It only takes 1-2 minutes to set up and despite what some people are saying you don't have to press two buttons at the same time. I press the hat forward to zoom in and pull it back to zoom out; no other keys involved.

Simply tell JoyToKey that UpHat is full back on the mouse and DownHat is full forward on the mouse then go into the settings for CLOD and tell it that both UpHat & DownHat are the 'Hold to Zoom' key and it all works.

Last edited by Roblex; 01-12-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

I will try that ... I wonder if I can just use the Saitek SW that comes with my X-52.Thanks!