Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimeleven View Post
My vote goes to Black Hole spell, 3300-5500 Astral Damage 60 mana (38int). In the battle vs Uchkuk his army vs me lvl54 mage normal was "invincible", round 1 boom he had 1/5 of his army left with 1 spell i was like "OMG" Overpowered much.

Finished off the rest in the same round lol and done it couple more times for other late game battles like those damned Black dragons.. toast
Playing as a mage that uses damage spells, Geysir is the spell of choice!

First I use some utility spell (or trap/fire arrow for the medals) then just let loose with geysir, doing 5-7k dmg to 8 stacks. If i remember right, my int is around 40.

I still havent found the death star spell which people say are good:>

I also had some fun with oily mist + phoenix first round, but the phoenix is abit fragile at later stages..
________
Ford Model F History

Last edited by Swindley; 03-20-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Approved Member

Actually, I take that back!

First I found death star, which was awesome, then I found Black Hole, which just trumphed everything!

Instant 12k dmg on first turn on everything made the endgame easy as pie

Think I had around 60 int!

edit: have to mention that is also works on black dragons, which is part of the reason it became easymode:>
Doesnt work on gremlin towers though, but geysir took care of that easily enough..
________
Buy no2 vaporizer

Last edited by Swindley; 03-20-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:44 AM
Approved Member

If we're still talking powerful, then I think Phantom wins above all others just due to its universal appeal. Fear has limits (plenty of monsters immune to mind spells) and seems more built around tactics whereas Phantom has something for everyone no matter what their strategy.

Overpowered, I don't think you can really make an argument that any spell is overpowered. Timeback is cost prohibitive and situational. Fear has a nice shutdown but it's also situational, limited and dependent on a high level army. Phantom comes pretty close given all of its positives with no apparent drawbacks...including moderate mana cost.

For damage, and I'm no pro mage, but I think:
1) Firestorm
2) Geyser
3) The rest

Haven't given Black Hole a shot but I think it will probably be the winner. I put Firestorm ahead because it has synergies with items and other spells and there are plenty of monsters that have a weakness to it. Igniting an enemy also adds damage and it's cheap. I haven't run the numbers but I'm guessing damage/mana spent has it coming out on top generally speaking and only scales up as you add weaknesses, items, medals, after-effects, etc. Black Hole will win the day though because there are plenty of ways to keep a high mana pool thus mitigating its high cost.