Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 09-27-2011, 05:02 AM
Approved Member

Good to know, I won't put a couple of hours into doing that for every character I create!

I beat the game today. That SOB Dragon Feir (sp?) knows Armageddon! I've never seen him use that before. I had him beaten down to the last turn with no losses and then he pulled that one on me. What an ass. I tore through the second half of Haas' Labyrinth and all of Murock during the evening/night, then waited for night against Haas. I thought I would miss Dryads putting half the armies to sleep, but I didn't miss them at all. With the Morale bonus from Black Knights, my Bone Dragons had over 100 Attack (!) at night via my Attack, Dark Commander skill, and Sword of Darkness.

The final battle was a joke. I won in turn three, but with losses to my Vampires--I just wanted to see if I could win before he used Armageddon. He didn't use Armageddon. Evidently, he will relentlessly Sheep Skeleton Archers once their stack gets large enough. In retrospect, the Undead didn't need any added editing of the game to be great. Sure, they can't be resurrected if you don't have Hypnosis with valid targets to then Sacrifice, but they have three of the best units in the game: Skeleton Archers, Vampires, and Ancient Vampires.

And for the record, the game glitched on me with that "fight the same battle immediately again" four times during my game. And it froze every time I fought Ambrosius and he tried to Raise Undead with his Necromancers on his dead stacks of Inquisitors--I had to kill the Necros first to beat him.

On to my all Archers game next.

Edit: Nigh unreadable font in some spots of my screenshots are due to me doing a global edit on all the fonts in the respective file so that all text was readable, and not going through the 13 or so fonts individually so that they all fit the fields any longer. I'm using an old 53" projection screen on TV-out as my monitor, and couldn't read a thing with the default fonts, or even the font mod I found on the forums.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_110926_005.bmp (2.25 MB, 9 views)
File Type: bmp screen_110926_006.bmp (2.25 MB, 8 views)

Last edited by Helios; 09-27-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 AM
Approved Member

Congratulations !

That's a nice record really. Almost 29k ldr is pretty neat. I wonder why you had so much money left, tho. Was there nothing in the skill trees you wanted to have and buy runes for ? Or was the amount needed bigger than what you could buy with those 1.7 mil ? Just curious :>

The damage stats are nice. 31% Skeleton Archers is massive. That's probably the thing if you don't use Demons because they dish out so much "Furious"-retaliation damage that the Skeleton Archers have nothing to take down after their first Dragon Arrow shot ^^

I wonder the font and font size tho. Seems a little odd.

And well, 40 atk and 20 int... that's why editing items in is a mixed blessing. It's nice to have and fun to play but it is a HUGE difference between playing with 40 Atk and playing with 27 Atk ^^

Yes, Dragon Ferr does Armageddon, too. Had to reload the fight with him and after the third attempt killed him without him using Armageddon. Btw you can edit your screenshots with Paint and save them as jpg files. Just as a tip. 150 kb jpg vs 2.5 MB bmp xD

Last edited by Vulture; 09-27-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

I was trying to set my best record for days, and actually made about half of that money in the Labyrinth and Murock. I bought a ton of runes, too. I'm not sure how many I bought, but the cost was over 1 million per Mind Rune and nearly as much for Magic. This game was somehow a full 20 hours shorter of gameplay time than the other games I've played.

And yes, 40 Atk vs. 27 Atk is a huge difference. Too huge, and boring with units that were that good. This was so easy that I'll back off editing for the future so there's more challenge. Skeleton Archers were one-shotting nearly half the stacks with Dragon Arrows.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

They do that at 27 Atk, too xD Even below ^^
Old 09-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

I'll just give myself a big fat "Well Duh" for that about the Skeleton Archers. I should have known by now that their Atk doesn't matter with Dragon Arrows. Sheesh. And btw, I chose my game because of the insane base stats my Warrior would get via level-ups and upgrades on the adventure map. His base stats were: Atk 17 Def 6 Int 11.

I was friendly to myself with his equipment, but I didn't think it was too egregious, (I added a Gladiator Sword and a Dragon Necklace in Haas' Labyrinth for the only Atk boosts the game didn't give me) and if you recall I let Zombie Rina be able to equip two weapons, so it was like I had Xeona with me. My last three unedited games had equipment to put them at Warrior Atk 37, Paladin Atk 33, Mage Atk 33. Maybe this game just likes me.

If I had it to do over again, I'd restore Zombie Rina's equipment slots, since the Undeads didn't need two extra weapons with all the after-dark bonuses they get.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Ah well, with human Feanora and her three artifact slots I'm currently at 36 Int as well and I'm just level 16 ^^ But only 13 Atk so far. Altars Of Combat hated me in this game. I didn't care to calculate that to be honest.

The funny thing is: I really don't know what to do with all that int. Who cares about 200 more damage on an ice snake really ? I'd prefer more atk and ldr :s
Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

I've been thinking that in preparation for playing with all Archers that the spell Hypnosis might be their salvation in most battles, but I imagine it would take really high Int to take control of a stack immediately in turn 1. But maybe with Onslaught or a Higher Magic Dragon Arrow followed by Hypnosis, one could whittle down a huge stack and then use it, if one didn't have enough Int to take over the stack at the start. Give them baddies something else to beat on for a bit.

Have you come across Hypnosis in your game? You might be able to make use of all that Int with that spell. I'm interested in finding out.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Approved Member

Sure Hypnosis will work. And I have it in my game (Pendant Of Iron Will ftw :>)

But you just don't have the Might Runes to get to Onslaught early on. Not if you want Higher Magic 1 or 2 out of 3 first. Maybe I was wrong in wanting that early on (I just did it so I could beat Bogacho right away).

But it's not only the initiative problem I worry about, it's also the pure lack of damage to be completely honest. Idk what obscene amounts of Atk it requires to equate the lack of utility with damage but 15 definitely aren't. Not even in mid-game. And more atk will come at the loss of int. Sure you can give yourself the gear of awesomeness with 30 Atk and 40 Int giving yourself 3 skulls or whatever and it'll work better.

About the spell choice. Idk, I think mass Precision makes more sense than one Dragon Arrows (except if there really is one large stack of something fast and dangerous aka Dragons).

I'm ignorant of that atm, Thorn-Hunters do physical damage but their "spit" isn't considered a projectile, right ?

I just wondered about a new idea about a lvl 1 Dagger+Whip team. I was thinking Sprites, Lake Fairies, Skellies, Bowmen (ok they're lvl 2) and Thorn-Hunters. Might be fun to try that.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I don't know whether Onslaught or Higher Magic will be my first priority. I haven't started my game yet, or even done the planning yet. I'd imagine that I'll go for at least one level of HM first, as Cannoneers will be fast enough for the first parts of the game along with some strategic use of Demon Portals. Maybe I'll have enough for Onslaught before I run into some of the real problem units like the Dragons. I must have done a poor job of selecting skills with my last Mage, because I didn't ever get enough runes for Onslaught.

The damage is going to be a big problem, which is why I was thinking of Dragon Arrows first. Precision would probably be the better choice most of the time as long as it's mass. The only items I'd edit in multiple of are ones I've seen the game put in: like Elven Bows. No way on the Pain Skull.

Thorn Hunters and Royal Thorns don't qualify for the archer-boost from the telescopic sight or bow. That would be easy enough to change, though. It's just one line each to change for each of those items inside the ses.kfs items.txt file. I thought about changing it and allowing the thorns for my game, but with the Blackthorn Crown, their damage is already great.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Approved Member

Wow, no Onslaught at all until the end of the game ? Oo How the hell ? xD I'm 18 and have it (well ok, I snatched map goodies everywhere but in the Labyrinth and Murock, logically), so there are 8-10 more might runes guaranteed to come from levelups plus extra loot, quest rewards and runes from Castle Bogacho.

Changing the effect of the Telescope so the Thorns benefit seems like a good idea. But wearing the Blackthorn Crown on top of it I think is gonna break it, don't you think ? I think you'd be better off wearing the Elven Crown (assuming you go with Hunters+Elves) or a neutral solution with the Battlemage Helmet.