Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by namad View Post
1) the powerful raise ability is intentionally limited to the recent past... as a balancing factor... its still prolly op!
I am starting to agree it's working as intended. What it should say is "Restores a maximum of X forces of the targeted troop if they receive the Call of Valhalla before they act again." That's what it really does, and I agree that's plenty good.

I'm going to move it to the description/tooltip section.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation Try this...

Just do this:

Before:

Code:
  if Attack.act_human(0) then
    if Attack.act_name(0) == "alchemist" then
      if Logic.hero_lu_item_on_body("alchemist_toolkit") then
        if 10 >= Game.CurLocRand(1, 100) then
          charge = charge + 1
        end
      end
    end
  end
After:

Code:
  if Attack.act_human( 0 ) then
    if Attack.act_name( 0 ) == "alchemist" then
      local chance = 10

if Logic.hero_lu_item_on_body( "alchemist_toolkit" ) then
        chance = chance + 10
      end

if chance >= Game.CurLocRand( 1, 100 ) then
        charge = charge + 1
      end
    end
  end
The descriptions say 1 to 2 charges, but do not list a percent chance of that happening, the Toolkit description says +10% chance - the code above would cover both bases...

/C\/C\

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
I bet that is the problem - good find. I don't have that item so it's never creating 2 bottles. However, the description on remix clearly says "Create 1-2 charges of X." I guess they put that in as a catchall? Seems misleading if you ask me, especially since your chances of finding one specific item could be low.

Imo, it should always have that 10% chance and having the item (after all, it's a belt slot!) should give you an extra 10% chance. Either that or the description should say 1 item... but then it won't be accurate when you DO have that item. Aargh.

Thoughts?
Old 10-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Matt! I'm going to mod my game and make a note of this on the bugs thread. Bhruic when you have time please add this to the summary. Also, thanks so much for tweaking Song of Alfheim. That one was complicated!

And I forget who linked me to the Crystal collector thread - I definitely know what's happening, I just think it's counter intuitive. Why on earth is there a reward for failing to learn your magic and hording up 100 crystals? Is it supposed to favor the Viking class or something? I find it a real killjoy and think it should be total collected. Mod for that would be great.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
Thanks Matt! I'm going to mod my game and make a note of this on the bugs thread. Bhruic when you have time please add this to the summary. Also, thanks so much for tweaking Song of Alfheim. That one was complicated!

And I forget who linked me to the Crystal collector thread - I definitely know what's happening, I just think it's counter intuitive. Why on earth is there a reward for failing to learn your magic and hording up 100 crystals? Is it supposed to favor the Viking class or something? I find it a real killjoy and think it should be total collected. Mod for that would be great.
I agree about the crystal collector thing, it's rather annoying to hold off on all spell upgrades (though in line with the gold collector medal). But the required number of crystals should definitely higher if it is changed, a total of 100 collected crystals can be reached very early.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xargon View Post
I agree about the crystal collector thing, it's rather annoying to hold off on all spell upgrades (though in line with the gold collector medal). But the required number of crystals should definitely higher if it is changed, a total of 100 collected crystals can be reached very early.
Hmm good point. We never noticed the problem with gold collector because gold is coming out our ears.

For me it's not even about holding out on upgrades, it's holding out on learning the magic in the first place. I just don't get rewarding us for not learning our spells in the first place. It would be like having an award for not spending your runes (I know the Rune Mage does that, but imo not the same thing) or an award for never using new troops. Is that supposed to be fun?

You know the more I think about it, the more messed up this is. It should be a reward for SPENDING your cyrstals and have a higher requirement. That would reward finding them and doing something useful. Maybe that is the Mod we should make, if it's possible.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Default adding fix files

so you just dump the lua files from zip into addon folder ?
Old 10-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftest View Post
so you just dump the lua files from zip into addon folder ?
Yep. And if you want to tweak anything additional in or out of them, you can just edit them once they are included (like alchemist fix, dragonslayer for Last hero swap, image change on distraction, etc.)
Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

Pretty sure Crystal Collector isn't bugged. It's crystal collector, not crystal finder. If you are spending the crystals you aren't collecting them. The medal for getting lots of gold works the same way.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Ok, time for someone to fact check me here, because if I'm reading this correctly, I'm very confused:
Code:
      iskrit = ( kritProbRnd < kritProb )
      if iskrit then
        if receiver_human and not receiver_glot then
          kritProb = kritProb - skill_power("weakness_lore", 2)
          if kritProbRnd < kritProb then
            iskrit = false
            is_weakness_lore = true
          end
        end
      end
Basically, what this is doing it checking if someone made a critical hit. kritProb is the chance of performing a critical hit, kritProbRnd is a random number from 0-99.

Now, if I'm understanding this right, if a critical hit was made (kritProbRnd is less than kritProb), it then subtracts the value from "weakness_lore", which is the Sense Weakness skill. However, let's assume that you don't have the Sense Weakness skill. Shouldn't skill_power("weakness_lore", 2) return 0? And if that's the case, then kritProb = kritProb - skill_power("weakness_lore", 2) becomes kritProb = kritProb - 0, or kritProb = kritProb. In which case the second if kritProbRnd < kritProb then is guarunteed to also be true because kritProb hasn't changed. Which means that iskrit should automatically be set false, and the game should think Sense Weakness kicked in.

Even worse, I'm sitting here and I can't remember if I've actually had the enemy perform a critical hit on me. It could be my memory letting me down, or it could be that you can't actually get a critical hit on your troops until you take the Sense Weakness skill. Unfortunately I can't set up a test case for "enemy performs a critical hit". So have I mis-analyzed the code? Can anyone without the Sense Weakness skill verify that they've taken (not given) a critical hit?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

How does weakness lore work with ancient vampires ? They have 100% miss on crit, and this gives even more so basicly enemy hit your ancient vampire they evade and weakness lore override that and they get hit