Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

..are you by any chance referring to my letter when you say "poorly written open letters"?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

I think that kid is jealous of Oleg and Luthier from others paying them professional accolades on their work. But it eats at him day and night. As he sits though his algebra class he notices another kid drawing a spitfire and finds out he owns it and loves it. NOOOOO!!!!! Then it consumes him even further and it sits in the pit of his stomach and festers. He comes here and lurks refreshing his browser over and over and whenever someone post a thank you because they just got it NOOOOOOO NOT ANOTHER ONE!!! He can't wait to get in here and lay down some masterful bon mots.

The question is....what makes you think you have any business telling anyone here how they spend their money?

Last edited by ATAG_Doc; 05-14-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Approved Member

I can't help it but my impression is that some people want a webcam installed in Maddox Games' offices, with 24/7 accessibility and a whip-wielding slavedriver to give a programmer who is slacking a little extra motivation. And then said people still would complain.

I think you guys don't want communication - you want control.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Synti, What are your PC Specs? What settings are you using? What do you class as acceptable performance? What problems are you actually experiencing and in what circumstances?

The difference in asking for assistance and whining is that someone who wants to work towards a solution will actually state what the problem is. A whiner just moans on like a broken record. It's boring, repetitive and annoying.

The people that you are bashing in your posts are long standing members of the forum that have added to the community over the years by disseminating information and actively helping people with issues, and being involved in many, many (some time intense) debates.

They are not in the habit of demanding to have questions answered by the developers, demanding to have content added or post poorly written 'Open Letters' to elicite a response and waste the time of the very busy developers.

What do you intend to add to the community?
My specs exeed the recommendations for this sim and I´m very familiar with tweaking (long time Bohemia Interactive user... ). I consider myself quite demanding when it comes to sim performance. IL 2 1946, RoF, A10, BS, FC2 all run smooth (high FPS in battle, most importantly: no stutters) on my rig and look beautiful. Now, I didn´t expected CLOD to be on the same league right away (I fully understand that most of those games have gone through extensive patching), but nor did I expect this! Even if it would run fluently, it's still suprisingly ugly (ground, buildings, let alone sounds...). There is just so much to be added, not just something that needs to be patched.

This bugs me, but nowdays I sure can live with it. I made a bad buying decision and have to suffer from it. What is really pissing me off, is when in this forum and, say, UBI forums, people who are considering buying the game are asking for the tips to upgrade their computer and they get these "Buy GPU with at least 3Gb memory" -answers. Then they read more and see these guys with 3x SLI GTX 590 and HAL 9000 praising the game and it's performance. They decide to go and buy their own über-rig, just to find that the game I flawed, broken and ugly.

Now, who is waisting whose time? I think devs are both waisting our time and our money, and so is the army of fanboys protecting them. This whole thing around CLOD is so ridiculous and should stand as a warning for game developers not to go this route. It should also stand as a warning for sim community, and make us demand even some quality and respect.

"Devs are working on it", good, when they are done they get our money. That's the way rest of world goes. Guys at 1C really deserve all the bad press, anger and whining, never mind how repetitive or boring that is.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

People spend too much time looking at the recommended specs. As have been showed to us all, by people upgrading and getting badass rigs, running a badass rig does help you get the smooth FPS. Look at Mazex thread for example. The game needs horsepower, although a bit unoptimized still, the game will surely need horsepower in the future as well.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

S!

While CoD has it's moments and potential it was released prematurely, no-one can deny that. Devs, luckily for us, work hard to patch up the things and really hoping the game will be in better condition upon US release in about a week or so.

Pelit (Games), a Finnish gaming magazine did a review on CoD. They did not give a rating to it, yet. Just stated the same seen all over the place: premature release, bugs and performance issues. They acknowledged the patches and all but also noted that CoD's lifespan depends how quick the game is patched/finished. The reviewer is a long time flight simmer and avid fan of IL-2 series, so not the usual "I play this 5min and do a review" thingy.

As of the letter. Well, sure credits are to be given where they are due. Not arguing that. But for whatever reason IL-2 CoD failed to live up to the name of IL-2 we are used to. If Luthier and his team manage to pull off the patching and finishing the game, then we can really celebrate.

Annoying is the attitude here. Critics or anything negative about CoD is frowned upon. Sure there is whining and such, but some people do post relevant posts about the state of the game. Even a thread of "constructive feedback" that can be used. It really does not change anything if we all would be squirming on floor and praising the devs, being pro brown noses. Won't make us look any better in their eyes. I believe that a truthfull no nonsense critic that is well written, loaded with data and gets to the point is more appreciated by the devs than puppy eyed attitude that everything goes, praising the game in every turn or being a "defender of holy CoD".

Really, we paid for a beta. Let's do our share to test and help. That way CoD can one day be what is was supposed to be.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
I can't help it but my impression is that some people want a webcam installed in Maddox Games' offices, with 24/7 accessibility and a whip-wielding slavedriver to give a programmer who is slacking a little extra motivation.
Now this is a good idea

Quote:
And then said people still would complain.

I think you guys don't want communication - you want control.
No complaints, promise. Just more whippin' when things don't go fast enough
Old 05-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
Annoying is the attitude here. Critics or anything negative about CoD is frowned upon.
The problem is that it is incessant, insentient & too often immature. And never helpful.

Luthier has on numerous occasions admitted that there are issues, he has apologised, stated they are working flat out to patch & rectify the issues.. but yet the immature whining continues without pause on a daily basis.

This causes a reaction from supporters of the game who in turn over react. Its a self perpetuating wagon wheel.

While i might be frustrated with some of the issues with the game these threads are tiresome.

(EDIT: ps i'm not having a go at any individual here in this thread..just tired of the community whining vs fanboy bollocks)

Last edited by MadTommy; 05-14-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:40 AM
BigPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
I can't help but laugh. Just trying to help others get off the serious side.

Everything is fine, it will take time of course for a 100% complete BOB COD.

I heard this phrase many times in my life, "No news is good news".
Really and you can make that statement how, your just a info-less as the rest of us nearmiss as you have said in the past.

Sorry mate I dont like sayin this stuff because I've respect for your integrity and some of the other long term supporters in the IL2 community but it does look as if there is a major communication problem here, false statements about things like full screen being fixed, when clearly the boss hasnt checked the patch or knows it dont work yet it gets released anyway.

I am patient and i will wait with the majority, but the complaints I see here on these forums are not that the game is crap because it isnt.
Its because for a long time we have been told one thing and then something else happens or it turns out not to be true and developers knew it wasnt true.
Seriously you cant say that you dont see and sympathise with some people's unhappines based on that premiss and that fact that they have paid their money and entered into this senario.

Also just throwing this out there as a thought ~while I do think it is wrong but funny to ridicule peoples frustration with the usual sarcasam, what if they complainers are right? doesnt that complain/ridicule senario just tell the possible unscruplious ideas that there will always be people on their forums to shoot down/silence the problems?

Last edited by BigPickle; 05-14-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
The problem is that it is incessant, insentient & too often immature. And never helpful.
Seconded.