Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Well it wasn't really an answer to your DX11 question, more of a swerve round it
Close enough

Btw, if we all forget the DX11 discussion, if Oleg shows us some DX10 with AA cranked up I think we will be satisfied for at least 6 months or until the next installment arrives.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
With those minimum system specs I'm guessing the game will be unplayable at anything higher than an 800x600 resolution even with all the eyecandy disabled.
Read again.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories

Last edited by T}{OR; 01-27-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwede View Post
Close enough

Btw, if we all forget the DX11 discussion, if Oleg shows us some DX10 with AA cranked up I think we will be satisfied for at least 6 months or until the next installment arrives.
Agreed.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
Read again.
Don't need to, I read it properly the first time. What are you hinting at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
What that was min specs? I thought it was just main specs type of thing. Confused about this direct X 11 thing tbh, most of those cards listed are built to be using DX11, why wouldnt DX11 which is now and not future product not be usable already My HD 4870 uses DX11 and thats now an old card.
Surely if they made the game for 2013 standards, saying that were are in effect going to make the game, well, worse to suite todays standards or technology is a little ermm whats the word...
Most companies release the bare minimum system specs required to play the game (usually at a resolution much lower than your current monitor naturally operates on). Some release system spects that are so low it should be criminal.

The minimum CPU requirement is what really sticks out in my mind. A dual 2.0 system is actually a few percent slower than my 5 year old laptop which has issues playing Wings of Prey, although I would chalk that up more to the x1400 video card.

If you tried playing that game with a Intel Dual 2.0, a DX9 video card, and 2GB of RAM I'm sure you could do it, but you probably wouldn't enjoy it given how much eye candy would have to be disabled, and how low the resolution would have to be, and how jumpy the gameplay would be.

Last edited by speculum jockey; 01-27-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwede View Post
The amount of games optimized for DX11 in 2011 is not that great.
Im pretty confident that 1C has prepared the game engine for DX11 and future releases and will activate those features when the market is ready for it.

Or is DX11 a deal breaker for you?
List of DX 11 games and when they were developed, and what is coming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ctX_11_support
Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Anyway, I was probably a bit too quick to cut off all the questions. Obviously Oleg was absolutely correct discussing various game features at the time he discussed them. DX11 however was somewhat buggy when we worked with it last, we ran into issues, and we still haven't sold them. So DX11 support was being worked on, but it's not one of the things that was complete and then turned off. It needs some time, and since it does actually offer a lot of advantages, it's definitely higher up on the list of priorities.

The minimum settings are indeed for runnining the game at a small resolution and with a lot of stuff turned off. We have lots of features to fine-tune, and you don't have to set every single one to Low or Off. You will have to choose a bunch that are less important to you personally, whether it be the amount of buildings on the landscape or the trees or aircraft model quality, etc. But of course, the game will look significantly worse on a minimum machine than any recent screenshot.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

DX11 later Im ok ...Im glad they focused on DX10
Old 01-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Anyway, I was probably a bit too quick to cut off all the questions. Obviously Oleg was absolutely correct discussing various game features at the time he discussed them. DX11 however was somewhat buggy when we worked with it last, we ran into issues, and we still haven't sold them. So DX11 support was being worked on, but it's not one of the things that was complete and then turned off. It needs some time, and since it does actually offer a lot of advantages, it's definitely higher up on the list of priorities.

The minimum settings are indeed for runnining the game at a small resolution and with a lot of stuff turned off. We have lots of features to fine-tune, and you don't have to set every single one to Low or Off. You will have to choose a bunch that are less important to you personally, whether it be the amount of buildings on the landscape or the trees or aircraft model quality, etc. But of course, the game will look significantly worse on a minimum machine than any recent screenshot.

Thanks for that luthier, could you tell us what spec of PC you can currently run COD on with everything maxed up including AA + AF, so the game runs smoothly, that would be most useful to know for those of us who are thinking about investing a couple of thousand pounds into our new systems.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
It needs some time, and since it does actually offer a lot of advantages, it's definitely higher up on the list of priorities.
That sentence was very interesting.

Im not a graphical guru, not even close so can you just spend 1min of your time to name a few of these advantages that would be useful in a high fidelity sim as CoD?

Thx for the quick answers.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Hecke

Quote:
New 3D engine – Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe.
That's the official announcment. It would be unfair competition if DX 11 wasn't in the release version.

Last edited by Hecke; 01-27-2011 at 02:12 PM.