Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingHubert View Post
lets make a donation for the expensive hdd space
Try reading the whole post (or....*GASP*..... the entire thread) before making silly comments.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 159th_Jester View Post
I removed CoD from my PC a few months back. It didn't look great or run great and I needed the HDD space.

I just reinstalled today to see how the patches were coming along..... And all I can say is WOW!!

The landscape. The sounds. It looks and sounds so much better the change is incredible!

I still have performance issues.... But I think they're more down to my PC now than anything in the sim (old PC, running Win XP 32-bit. Can't afford to upgrade). Although I still can't fly over London (lack of RAM on the part of my PC I'd guess..... FPS will suddenly drop then CoD freezes and crashes), I can now tweak the GFX setting so that flying anywhere else is smooth as silk.

It looks better. It sounds better.... And most of all it "feels" better than it did.

Ilya and the team have dome great things so far with CoD. Compared to what it was at release it's a whole new game!!

Very happy (...... You may have noticed!! )

Edit: Meant to ask:

One minor thing that is a little bothersone is that the area under my plane (square in shape) is outlined with a thin black border. I'm guessing it may be the boundary where LOD levels change since the square gets smaller the higher I climb. I'm running an nVidia GTX260 768MB GFX card with up to date drivers (as far as I know!). Has anyone else had this problem and if so have they found a cure for it?
Hi, I would say the cure would be to buy an actual decent modern GPU? 260s are used as word processors now... In fact I dont even think they are making the 40nm 200 range gpus, because with 600s out next year the low 400s are now the "word processor/bottom of the barrel" gpus. Go grab a 460, they are under $100 this christmas and it will really improve your performance (+dx11 yay!).

btw I think 9800gtx is more powerful than the 260 and they are selling for $20-$30 with rebate so...
Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

Upgrading is not an option I have now (or for the foreseeable future). Not everyone has spare money you know.

As it is this "word processor" graphics dard runs medium high settings in every other game and sim I own and so it's not a major worry for me.

If that's the cause of the lines, then I'll just have to learn to live with them. Apart from those, CoD looks fine and runs fine on medium settings.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

whats your steam ID jester?
Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

159th_Jester.

I'm not too imaginative when it comes to usernames!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
I hate WoW. Retarded Blood Elves!
Erm...... You lost me right around the time you said "WoW."