Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Approved Member

Here are 2 more of the interesting screenshots:

Max stats of my hero when using only stats items; and the other is winning last battle without loses, so it proves that the no loses game is virtually possible .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg haas - no loses.JPG (140.6 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg max-stats.JPG (202.4 KB, 199 views)
Old 11-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, no cheating there. It really is pretty easy if you know how to. Zhuangzi gave some good clues in his post. I'll give you one more - my game was not so pretty linear as he described. For example I left some things in Ellinia/Lands of the Dead for later when I returned with the key for Haas labyrinth. You tell me why.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinda View Post
Yeah, no cheating there. It really is pretty easy if you know how to. Zhuangzi gave some good clues in his post. I'll give you one more - my game was not so pretty linear as he described. For example I left some things in Ellinia/Lands of the Dead for later when I returned with the key for Haas labyrinth. You tell me why.
If I gave you clues, why am I stuck in Kordar in my Impossible Warrior game on day 16?

I'm not saying you cheated, but I still don't understand how you can do it so quickly. I find that even when I go through the game in a linear fashion it takes me around 30 days. I suppose I didn't pay attention to the time of day when I travelled between continents, but that's about all I can think of. Also, I am finding it much harder as a Warrior than as a Mage. I think partly this is due to the items found in particular games, but still...

And I thought that Sprites/Lake Fairies would be the best combo to use (as sector24 found with his 40,000+ critical), but you don't seemed to have used them at all, especially not if you didn't have Anga's Ruby until the end of the game.

I guess I need to re-read YOUR posts.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Mhm, minimize your time loss when you travel, also minimize time between battles (i.e. try to finish them with as much mana/rage as possible, so you are virtually ready for the next one), and do not wander around aimlessly ...
Dunno if I had luck with items, but telescopic sight at Kordar, and two dragon slayer swords before clearing Demonis, were the key items for me. Also I got that ring that increases intellect permanently after 20 or so battles from the zombie at the cemetery.
Tactics Treatise (can't remember where I got it exactly, but it was somewhere in the marsh), helped for XP from early on, but went to terrible morale at the end of starting continent. I managed to suppress it after I collected the leadership flags from the isles of freedom. I also tried to pick the XP talents as earlier as possible.
Another thing that I did, was playing with items that lose morale (king's hammer for example with no dwarves in the army, and note that reserves do count in this; jackboots, tactics treatise, steam armor, dragon slayer swords), so I got some extra XP from several suppressions.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

I think the elven and undead lands are very doable without Anga's Ruby, it just makes a moderately difficult area very easy.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

I think 13 is very possible, for an example i already got most of the treasure in Demonis on Day 6. I dont think i will make it in 13 tho, too much wandering around aimlessly . And i have Freedom Isles still to go, but with 8k Leadership and 5 Giants that shouldnt be a problem to breethe through.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Approved Member

I've just finished my Impossible Warrior game, which was my fourth overall.

Game 1:

Hard Paladin
Level 29
49 days
97 quests completed, 2 failed, 1 unfinished
23,000 leadership
20 Attack, 22 Defense, 16 intellect
Score 890

Game 2:

Hard Mage
Level 29
33 days
101 quests completed, no failures
19,000 leadership
14 Attack, 21 Defense, 31 Intellect
Score 1083

Game 3:

Impossible Mage
Level 28
36 days
101 quests completed, 1 failed, 1 unfinished
21,000 leadership
12 Attack, 18 Defense, 33 Intellect
Score 1274

Game 4:

Impossible Warrior
Level 29
30 days
102 quests completed, 1 failed
25,000 leadership
30 Attack, 12 Defense, 31 Intellect
Score 1375

Somebody convince me that I don't need to start on Impossible Paladin now.

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 11-16-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Approved Member

Trust me i am already thinking about that too. And im not even through with my Warrior on Impossible (doing Maze right now) But honestly if i play it another time i should seriously consider addiction counseling
Old 11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

Finished my Warrior on Day 11 at 11:00pm

I think i could have done all quests, not sure which ones i missed. I also believe i 'wasted' atleast one day in the beginning. Not sure if 9 Days is possible tho.

P.S.: Now im really putting KB away for some time
Old 11-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

Default time taken to travel

MajorS said
Here is my Strategy:

Very important: Do not travel and if you have to try to travel shortly before 7am to cut down on traveling times.

What I have found, however, is this adds an entire day to travel. Leave at 6:00 AM on day 3 for instance and arrive at 7:03 on day 4.
If you travel at "night" leaving at 2:00 AM of day 3 (Night ends at 2:30AM, wierd, huh?) you will arrive, again, at 7:03, but still on day three, losing only five hours. My version is 1.65 if it makes a difference.