Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 03-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
Good grief!....

......I'll get my coat..
Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Looks fantastic, but I could only ever fly 'cockpit off' with that or it would feel weird.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Looks fantastic, but I could only ever fly 'cockpit off' with that or it would feel weird.
agreed...and checking your six while looking through the gunsight....

ideally you'd need a 180+degree display of some kind
Old 03-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Very very cool, looking at all those wires you had to deal with on the KG13/Warthog adaptation I am glad I decided on a different route.

Good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post

worth of a museum. if i ever get rich, and i have a lot of time in retirement, this will be my hobbie.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Default Simple Set Up - Stand Alone Flight Chair

I do not use a desk so I needed a solution to have everything at a chair 7 feet from the 52" screen. The Warthog throttle is heavy so The (MOBO) pads for the HOTAS are beefed up with brackets at the hinges (pads are designed to fold back) and custom aluminum braces for the main pad. I removed the base plate from the Joystick and mounted it directly to the MOBO pad which is thick ABS plastic. Added additional brackets to the MOBO mounting at the arms for Stability. It is solid.
I plug the Stick and Throttle into the two USBs on the Merc Stealth Keyboard. So there is only one wire running to the chair for the keyboard. TrackIR is wireless. The headphones and mouse are also wireless. The Mouse pad swivels 270 degrees and was rescued from a recycle bin.

The MOBO comes with a keyboard tray. I rest it on the arms of the second chair, so it is just to my left and easy reach from the throttle. With clickable cockpits and the TM Warthog, you don't need the keyboard much. The XZIPIT chair was on sale so I got two for one. The power cord at the chair base powers the chair which has two speakers and a subwoofer. It also vibrates with Bass. The chair receives it's sound wirelessly. This Chair is not really as comfortable as it looks, So I added a nice butt pad cushion. The Headroll comes in handy after hours of Flying and you still have a few hours to go. This is definitely not a chair for anyone over 5' 11".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XZipit+Flight+Chair4+%28Medium%29.JPG (63.8 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Sick+Throttle+Supports.jpg (62.9 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Chair%2BHeadroll[1].jpg (177.4 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by MegOhm; 03-14-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Pilsner View Post

I don't have any pics running CLoD, but here is my setup.
Loving the printed out map of the Evochron system!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Default My first project

Here is my first little project, done with electronics of game-pad. Has this was to offer some friend of mine i didnt bother to mutch (the guy is only paying the new stuff i purchased). Yes, i know Leo Bodnar boards, but, as i wasnt be payed for the board i got this one of a game pad. The set looks a little flatt, and i think i abused a little on the LED`s. Throttle as a limit 100-110, made of a door locker of a closet(2 spheres 2mm apart), very usefull for IL2. Thanks for any coments.
Both buttons on the throttle handle are working fine, the wires were soldered to a tape of wires from a printer machine(those that look like a piece of paper). Both lever axis have Hall efect sensors, the other two have potentiometers).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imagem0417[2].jpg (280.9 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Imagem0431[2].jpg (67.5 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5509[1].JPG (76.6 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5511[1].JPG (103.1 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5512[2].JPG (75.2 KB, 95 views)
Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

So, almost a month and not a single coment? Is the thing so much crapp? At least a coment with the faults and defects!!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Ali Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelas View Post
So, almost a month and not a single coment? Is the thing so much crapp? At least a coment with the faults and defects!!
not crap at all man ! just not much to say really. all i can say is i wish i had the aptitude for creating that stuff. so really well done in realising your idea.