Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

If you get 50 pirates, marauders and archers to Sohaty (his quest), he'll give you a key to that cave. The cave has a few crystals, a chest or 2 and an emerald green dragon (1) that is willing to join you.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Update time.
I've cleaned out most of Montero, except the 2 castles, one fight in the caves and the Mad Miner. I snuck off to check Reha and Nameless and with all the map open, i still haven't found timeback anywhere.
The one fight in the cave i'm avoiding has a stack of 25 Archdemons and as my leadership is only 16000, it's taking out half a stack everytime. Also, it doesn't always attack the same stack or in the same place each time, otherwise i'd place a trap on the spot. So i might head to Tekron and see what i can do there and then come back to Montero a little later....
Vitals;
Game Time: Day 7
Battles: 130 no losses
Dragon: LVL 30
Warrior: LVL 29
ATK 20
DEF 18
INT 28 (2 Magessy Dresses )
LDR 15983
71 Demonologists
70 Paladins
710 Dryads
123 Druids
248 Royal Snakes
7 Red Dragons
Old 11-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
If you get 50 pirates, marauders and archers to Sohaty (his quest), he'll give you a key to that cave. The cave has a few crystals, a chest or 2 and an emerald green dragon (1) that is willing to join you.
In my paladin impossible game i am yet to find pirates anywhere, although it's no biggie just a bit unlucky.
I have to say though with the kiting of chart guards it is starting to feel a bit lame for me personally, i wish i would've played thru the game without trying no-losses right-away at least.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

That is not a problem. Simply start a game on normal. On normal, as a warrior, I went from island to island without feeling the need to kite any map guards. That is the first playthrough I made of KBAP, and it is posted on the scores thread.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
That is not a problem. Simply start a game on normal. On normal, as a warrior, I went from island to island without feeling the need to kite any map guards. That is the first playthrough I made of KBAP, and it is posted on the scores thread.
Yeap i was thinking of doing so indeed, just not sure yet about class but indeed warriors seems likethe most solid choice
I will just not kite chart guardians and maybe even not bother with focussing much on getting medals ( although i must admit i could be fun going for the 3rd trapper medal but seems more of a mage thingy) just play the game normally first and having fun doing so

Last edited by Urbz; 11-25-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

Geez these no losses on impossible ... respect for poeple with patience ;p i was doing it for a long time but hell castles in montero .... with haglin cosntantly geysering ... ridicoulous ..i have lost very very little but i lost in fact
Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Well, no-loss victiories are indeed hard to do. For example, just now I did the bounty quest to free the dwarven king, planning that I'll end up just short of level 40. Since I'm using elenhel, I was aware that as soon as he hits lvl 40, he will want to leave with all the items that are equipped on him. Obviously, I can't let that happen and have to fight him.

However, this is not what happened. I hit 40 after killing fangol and his swarm of troops and elenhel talked to me right after the battle, while I was inside the castle (thus no save yet, since the game can't get to that!) and I had to fight his 100 Necros, 300 druids, 200 Evil Beholders, 187 Archmagi and some Polar bears in a badly weaked state, with the stupid pain skull equipped (meaning additional -50% mana!). Well, that doesn't sound like much - Paladins + Target + Armor of God generally solves it. However, he happens to cast max level geyser and has 40 intellect and around 200 mana. Suffice it to say I was losing 5 paladins, 23 gorguanas, 15 Demonologists and 15 archmagi in every cast. The only thing that saved this battle was target on the paladins and phantoms like crazy.

In the end, no-losses from both of the fights. I even managed to sacrifice for some extra gorguanas and popped up all the chests. Phew.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

I have no phantom yet ...
Old 11-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Ouch. Try every single place, because the spell is indeed invaluable. A lot of digging will help too - I found it on least 6 separate times (including the one in verona tavern).
Old 11-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

I saw everyhting on debir,rusty,bolo,scarlet,verona,montero,namelss,sh attera ... also have sneak to dersu tekron .... on umkas and elon didnt sneaked all .. yet reha and uzala i dont have maps ... currently i am in abandodned mines ... reminds me hell of haas laby
anyone made map for this? :p
on mentero ther only dragon lair and ironfist left .. but both damn hard

Last edited by Elwin; 11-25-2009 at 09:27 PM.