Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedley View Post
Because of the early steam glitch - my CD key was never used. Deleted this piece of crap game and sold my CD key to some poor sod on the forums who thinks this game will be good even after reading countless compaints.

That person will no doubt download a pirate copy and use my CD key to access 'multiplayer' (using this term VERY loosely). Made my money back. No refund? Well, **** you. I suggest all who are as disappointed as I do the same.

Probably plenty of keys up for grabs!
i'm not sure if what you did is allowed under the SSA... and certainly, by now, it's impossible to sell your key.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

It's also not allowed to refuse consumer rights or refunds under the Sale Of Goods Act (UK).

So long as the CD-Key is not bound to an account when you open MP (Gamespy) then it works!

Last edited by nedley; 09-14-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
So long as the CD-Key is not bound to an account when you open MP (Gamespy) then it works!
is the game still in your account after you've sold your key? that's illegal. you are not allowed to keep possession of any part of the game after you've sold your license, if the license may be sold at all.

what happens if you start the game now that you've sold your key?

Quote:
It's also not allowed to refuse consumer rights or refunds under the Sale Of Goods Act (UK).
Valve's an American company, though. and you didn't purchase the game through a British subsidiary (there isn't one).
Old 09-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

/Care? The game probably still works SP.

Got money back in my pocket and income from potential customer taken away. If they refuse to address serious issues with their products, what can we do but find our own methods of redress? It's reasons like what happened with this game and poor product support that cause pirating. If there's no support or benefit from actually buying a game, there's no incentive to pay for it!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
/Care? The game probably still works SP.
*lol* until Valve suspends your account...

Quote:
Got money back in my pocket and income from potential customer taken away. If they refuse to address serious issues with their products, what can we do but find our own methods of redress? It's reasons like what happened with this game and poor product support that cause pirating. If there's no support or benefit from actually buying a game, there's no incentive to pay for it!!!!!
what are you talking about? there's been a hotfix and they said they're working on a patch. the game hasn't been out for as much as a week yet, and you've already decided to sell it due to poor support?!? you didn't even give them a chance at supporting the game for crying out loud!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

You clearly don't use steam pal. Once you've bought any MOW title on steam, it downloads, and they send you the CD-Key (or you view it by right clicking the game... You login to gamespy and a pop-up appears asking for the CD-Key, entering your own details here binds the CD-Key to the account.

If they are willing to release the game with as many issues, this 'special edition' none-sense requiring paying extra to do things that should be included, and half the features they promised on the pre-purchase (steam) information, then that is more than a chance I and many others are prepared to give them. No patch can fix that.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
and half the features they promised on the pre-purchase (steam) information,
what, exactly?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:37 AM
Registered Member

The issue with steam was already addressed.
It was somthing to do with release timers - your steam account recieved its associated key a bit after the launch due to a steam deley.

Long story short, your steam account has the key associated with it, but hasnt been tied to your gamespy account which is used to log on to multiplayer.

There is no real way to resell a steam key and what this bloke has done is put his own steam account at risk and potentially wasted the money of some user on the forums.
Can understand being annoyed, but hes gone about it the wrong way.

Lets just hope his steam account doesnt randomly come up as ''Under Investigation".