Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

My attack is around 12 or so. But having maxed Dark Commander my undead units get +7 more.

Yeah I could have picked up the orc shaman skull but choose to defeat him (was not selling good units/spells) and my army was not strong enough for a no-losses battle.

I also had the intellect ring, absorbed it. Guess you got intellec boosters while I got attack boosters...
Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

I have finally managed to kill him too but with a warrior after all, and i have used two kind of fairies, dryads, inq, ang greend dragons.
fairies do insane amount of damage with whip+poison dagger, i have seen 50k+ krits at lvl 23. (not in this battle as Karador have some defence) The whole main battle was not lasted 10 turns. With some time back and resurrect it became a no casuality victory.

The only spells i have used are bless+resurrect+fire damage to weapons.

Warriors seems to me more powerful than a mage really.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

ofcourse
a mage only got his spells his attack and defence are low so he can't get the same amount of damage from his units than warriors can do
Old 10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
ofcourse
a mage only got his spells his attack and defence are low so he can't get the same amount of damage from his units than warriors can do
Yes, but is should be compensated by either the spell utility or the spell damage. And also i have read opinions that teh 3 dual cast makes the mage the most powerful class. I disagree with this now.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

well think of this

warrior with black dragons/emerald green dragons/vampire(bat form)/bone dragon and any other fast melee unit

now combine this with level 3 onslaught and the undead commander

makes the warrior always go first to cast a spell and make the units attack the mage before he can do anything

so the mage won't even be able to cast such spells ^^

his army will be decimated before hand ^^

warrior>paladin>mage ^^

ofcourse u can say a mage can have that too but there are simply not enough runes for the mage to gather it all(unless u make abuse of my infinite money trick)

but all in all mage got lowest leadership

and an warrior stack doing +300% damage on a mage unit wel...

do the math
there have already posted critical above 10k damage (which is more than a single spell from a mage can do sometimes even more than 2 spells casted right after eachother

the only exception would be armageddon if i would do my math correctly

and furthermore this is HEAVILY BASED on the mage his intellect low intellect is bad mage

a mage needs to have at least 35 int> or higher otherwise he will be a wimp on impossible
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Well since we can't do Player vs. Player in KB, we will never know. Even fighting against yourself in Kordar is not the same - your copy doesn't have skills you picked up or artifacts.

That said, a warrior can still be majorly hampered by a mage. Turning those fast melee units (Vampires) into sheep and then casting mass Battle Cry on his own units, the Mage could easily achieve to go first next round, starting off with a Geyser maybe... Or Mass Dragon Slayer, to even the chances against so many dragons.

While using a Paladin did I find that mass spells are very, very usefull in battles where the enemy is of equal strenght to you (just like in HOMM3) - they can easily turn the tide of the battle. A warrior usually doesn't have enough mana or high level Magic skills to do that.

Btw, this is what I find unfair in KB-AP: even the most measly regular level 5-8 pirate and robber heroes have like 60 or 70 Mana, and they will cast spells like Phoenix or Evil Book every round. More annoyingly they prefer to use direct damage spells to curses or blessings, and although due to their low intellect this does little damage, the insane amount of poisoning and burning will make you dread spells like fire arrow and poison skull. I once lost my green dragon to a stack of 27 Swamp snakes (and other units), their poison did 100 damage every round... I hear the patch corrects this, hope the English version already comes with this.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Approved Member

"there have already posted critical above 10k damage (which is more than a single spell from a mage can do sometimes even more than 2 spells casted right after eachother"

Lake, faeries build and buffed well can crit low def creatures over 100k! at lvl 26.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

I just won the game finally and found out that this battle is far the hardest in the whole game imho, Demons and Haas is a joke compared. I won the last battle at lvl 26 (impossible) in a few turn withouth any thinking, knights wiped out the dragons with ease. Daemon bosses were a bit more hard but still quite managable. Karador is not a trivial fight even if you overpower him a bit.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

God I hate the fight with Karador.

Even on just the hard difficulty I'm finding the battle super frustrating. Perhaps at level 22 I jumped on it too soon, but I thought I could do a good job with an army of unicorns, black unicorns, griffins, ents and royal snakes. My paladin's stats were something like A16, D19, I21 plus I had the shield that gives you +25% defense against undead attacks and the vampire cloak thingy that decreases the enemy's attack by -30% during nighttime (and night it was). And still I ended up losing, the constant raising of the dead proved too much for my forces.

Will give it another shot later, after I grab the +1200 leadership at level 24. But I was wondering if the above is a good army to tackle him, or if I should stick with the 3-girl + green dragons + royal snakes composition.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
God I hate the fight with Karador.

Even on just the hard difficulty I'm finding the battle super frustrating. Perhaps at level 22 I jumped on it too soon, but I thought I could do a good job with an army of unicorns, black unicorns, griffins, ents and royal snakes. My paladin's stats were something like A16, D19, I21 plus I had the shield that gives you +25% defense against undead attacks and the vampire cloak thingy that decreases the enemy's attack by -30% during nighttime (and night it was). And still I ended up losing, the constant raising of the dead proved too much for my forces.

Will give it another shot later, after I grab the +1200 leadership at level 24. But I was wondering if the above is a good army to tackle him, or if I should stick with the 3-girl + green dragons + royal snakes composition.
As many said above - the key is preventing Karador from raising back huge amounts of troops. To reverse the saying "Only put down only what you can put down again!" I say, kill those Bone dragons every round. They are not a big deal to kill again (and they won't act in the round they are raised). But when you kill Necromancers, or death knights, be sure to destroy the corpse or plant something on it (Shamans are a must in this battle, or use Ice Shards). But it is important that you leave some dead troop (bone dragons) for Karador to raise. He has Raising on his priority list, if he cannot raise something, he will Hypnotize and do other nasty stuff... trust me you're better off with dealing those 4-5 Bone dragons.